1. Joining tomorrow, question!

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be (Re)joining Icecrown tomorrow with a friend of mine on fresh accounts. We're looking to role healer & tank and just steam-roll through the leveling process through dungeon queues, but we're not totally sure if that's a realistic option. I'm aware that the player base is still high, but from doing some research it seems like the amount of leveling characters has drastically reduced over the years.

I'm just wondering if Healer+Tank queuing is still a reasonable way to level 15-70, as I remember 70-80 questing was much faster. (and how much down-time between dungeons we should expect if we're playing at reasonable times)

I'm asking because this depends on which heirlooms I purchase.

2. Last time I leveled up a char (a few months back) dungeon queues were ok, saying that from a mage's perspective it's safe to say you'll be able to get in a dungeon pretty fast. You might run into gold issues because you won't do professions in a dungeon, maybe do professions while waiting for a dungeon, that might work fine. And, of course, loot everything you can.
    It's viable up to like 66-67, then it gets painfully slow so just do a few more and quest in northrend is way faster.

3. Having a healer+tank combo almost always will give you insta que 15-80, probably 85-90% of the time, though if you log at some odd hours you may have to wait a few minutes for a dps

4. You should be able to get groups in under 10 minutes if you have tank and heal. And if you get sick of waiting you could advertise just for DPS in the general chat or even whispering random people of your level, you'd find volunteers pretty easily I'd imagine. You'd also probably find several people willing to farm dungeons. The only reason why it would ever take a long time to find a dungeon is due to the lack of tanks, as few level as one or simply aren't willing to. Thus people will check out the RDF que only to find there is no tank or heal so they give up
    Edited: February 18, 2020

5. I'm slightly confused regarding your reply. You say "the only reason it would take a long time to fund a dungeon is due to the lack of tanks." Luckily, we are playing Tank + Healer, so we will only ever be looking for damage, but you also say "under 10 minutes" and a 10 minute queue is quite the large queue. Was the ten minute comment regarding queuing as a DPS, or only a Healer OR Tank?

6. The issue with dungeon leveling is randoms when you die once POOF gone, your left there when you could've just been doing quests.

7. I'm slightly confused regarding your reply. You say "the only reason it would take a long time to fund a dungeon is due to the lack of tanks." Luckily, we are playing Tank + Healer, so we will only ever be looking for damage, but you also say "under 10 minutes" and a 10 minute queue is quite the large queue. Was the ten minute comment regarding queuing as a DPS, or only a Healer OR Tank?
    It was generalization I assume, "usually it takes long because of missing tanks" doesn't mean "it takes long for you, because you're not a tank".

Anyway, most DPS don't queue because it takes 30mins + to find a tank. So your best chance is, if queue isn't instant, do /who 15-20, or anything near your own level, and ask them to queue RDF.