1. HERE IS THE STEP YOU SHOULD TAKE TO GEAR YOUR LEVEL 80 for RDFH

Here is what you SHOULD do to be able to queue using the Random Dungeon Finder Heroic as fast as possible with your main.

If you are starting in this server what you should do is:

You first have to decide which class you want to main, then, make an alt to learn the profession necessary to craft the armor type you will wear with your main.

Cloth / Leather - pick Tailoring

Mail / Plate - pick Blacksmithing.

With your main you should pick Mining / Skimming (depending on which profession you choose with your alt) and Jewelcrafting. The combination of Skimming + JC will make it hard to level up JC, so it up to you.

Then, give your alt the necessary items that you acquired with your main to craft you some armor to help the leveling process. Once your main hit level 78 - 80, you should have around profession level 425ish in your alt so he can learn to craft the level 78 set which can be learned from the NPC in Northrend.

Craft your level 78 set which each piece has ilevel 187.

With the JC profession on your main, craft you some rings, necklace and trinkets of ilevel 200. (the reason I told you to pick JC in your main is because the trinkets created from JC is bind on pickup. If you do not pick JC to craft your trinkets, you will either have to farm them from TOC runs with a group, farm FOS - POS to acquire enough Emblems of Triumph to purchase a trinket from Dalaran's NPC or purchase Darkmoon cards from AH, but the prices ranges from 1800 - 3000g each)

And for weapons you should do:

Knights of the Ebon Blade quest line and reach Revered Reputation with them, so you can buy from the NPC some ilevel 200 weapons. You should keep doing their dailies to reach maximum reputation to also be able buy their enchants.

There is also Sons of Hodir which can give you ilevel 200 weapons once you hit Revered Reputation with them and they also have enchants for your gear. So you should do BOTH quest lines here.

And there you have it, if you followed everything I said here your main should have:

A full set of ilevel 187;
    Rings, Necklace and Trinkets of ilevel 200
    Weapons of ilevel 200

You can buy a ilevel 200 cloak in the AH really cheap to reach 3k + GS.

Once all your slots have items of ilevel 187 + you should be able to queue for some Heroic Dungeon using the Random Dungeon Finder Heroic and from here gearing is very easy.

Good luck.
    Edited: February 20, 2020

2. Sure its great and works
    But when you have to get 200 saronite ores, eternals, titanium ores and gems for everytihing, faster way is to do reputaion quests(+gold), get stuff from QM and buy 180+ items on AH and some reagents for pieces you miss. You can even leave some 160ilvl greens on slots where it gets expensive if you buy some cheap icc drop 264 boes to get above 180ilvl average for HC RDF

3. Sure its great and works
    But when you have to get 200 saronite ores, eternals, titanium ores and gems for everytihing, faster way is to do reputaion quests(+gold), get stuff from QM and buy 180+ items on AH and some reagents for pieces you miss. You can even leave some 160ilvl greens on slots where it gets expensive if you buy some cheap icc drop 264 boes to get above 180ilvl average for HC RDF
    You can farm your own saronites. And if you don't want to farm, just do your daily quests.

The dailes from Knight of the Ebon Blade + Grand Tournament + Sons of Hodir is about 1500g daily.

People sell ilevel 187 set pieces for about 300 - 400g each. It not worth for a new player to blow that much money on a temporary set.

And no, you don't have to use titanium bars here. You just need about 102 saronite bars to craft the full plate set, 2 eternal shadows, 1 eternal fire, 2 eternal airs, 2 eternal water and 1 eternal earth which in total won't cost more than 600g.

Just by doing the introduction of Knights of the Ebon Blade would net you almost 1k gold.

Also, you need all yours slots to have at least ilevel 187 to be able to use RDFH, and the hardest slot to acquire to reach that point are the trinkets, thats why you should pick JC to craft your own trinkets or else you will have a lot of trouble to acquire them.
    Edited: February 20, 2020

4. Well, good luck farming 200 ores with 150% mount, so indeed daily quests are way more effective, plus grants some rep, i mean instead of daily fresh player can do some rep quests, gain gold and also gain items from QM saving some gold for their mount.

Also if there are no custom changes, you will need 180ilvl average for HC, means, you can have 264 boe and 3 160 greens if all other slots are 200.

5. Well, good luck farming 200 ores with 150% mount, so indeed daily quests are way more effective, plus grants some rep, i mean instead of daily fresh player can do some rep quests, gain gold and also gain items from QM saving some gold for their mount.

Also if there are no custom changes, you will need 180ilvl average for HC, means, you can have 264 boe and 3 160 greens if all other slots are 200.
    I have 8 level 80 character with over 5k GS and I have done it on each one of them, so the info I presented here isn't pulled out of my a**.

Also yea, you can farm your own ores with a 150% fly mount, why not? I did it, just download an addon to help you out like gatherer so you can see the exact location of that ore you mined so you can make your own route around them.

My method is a 100% self sufficient one, you don't have to rely on another player.

There is no custom changes. You MUST HAVE at least ilevel 187 in EVERY slot. the RDFH doesn't work with the Gear Score addon in mind.
    Edited: February 21, 2020

6. Sure, that's great, self sufficient and all. But if you triple-dip - pieces from reps, pieces from AH(way cheaper than crafted) and craft whatever you lack is the fastest way(and cheapest).

About RDF HC
    "Most heroic dungeons require an average ilvl of 180. The tier 9 and 10 five-man normal dungeons require ilvl 180 while the heroics require ilvl 200 or 219. "
    I don't know where you get this 187 in every slot, but I could que with my greens and 170 blues when I got some boes that averaged out at 180+
    Edited: February 21, 2020

7. Sure, that's great, self sufficient and all. But if you triple-dip - pieces from reps, pieces from AH(way cheaper than crafted) and craft whatever you lack is the fastest way(and cheapest).

About RDF HC
    "Most heroic dungeons require an average ilvl of 180. The tier 9 and 10 five-man normal dungeons require ilvl 180 while the heroics require ilvl 200 or 219. "
    I don't know where you get this 187 in every slot, but I could que with my greens and 170 blues when I got some boes that averaged out at 180+
    The pieces from AH are not cheaper than craft.

People charge for 300g + a piece, while if you craft yourself, you would spent only like 100g.

8. Yes indeed,
    I meant more of those pieces that drop from some heroic dungeon trash mobs, for example, runic-something cloth shoulders 200ilvl. Don't know how cheap are those now, but for some specs you can get items cheaper than dream shard(since I sometimes go trough them and buy for disenchant)

Could be useful to select in AH search "Rare", level 78+ and sort by price, something good may come up. Could even get some 200ilvl attack power leather wrists on warrior for some 25g. This could maybe even save hours of time for someone!

9. Yes indeed,
    I meant more of those pieces that drop from some heroic dungeon trash mobs, for example, runic-something cloth shoulders 200ilvl. Don't know how cheap are those now, but for some specs you can get items cheaper than dream shard(since I sometimes go trough them and buy for disenchant)

Could be useful to select in AH search "Rare", level 78+ and sort by price, something good may come up. Could even get some 200ilvl attack power leather wrists on warrior for some 25g. This could maybe even save hours of time for someone!
    I just did when you last posted. People want 300g on wrists, 250g on waist and so on. It more worth for a new player to train his blacksmithing than buying from the AH, at least he would use Blacksmithing to make items for his/her other plate wearers

10. Afaik you need to be above certain ilvl to que up for rhc. It doesn't matter if you have some pieces that are maybe 154 ilvl as long as the your total ilvl is above +180 (? not sure about the minimum). You can check it yourself by removing one of your items in one of your highly geared characters and see if the game allows you to que up.

And it's much easier to gear up than having to farm for materials. Blue boes that are 187 and 200 are pretty cheap in ah, and it will allow you to do rhcs as soon as you hit 80, while if you have to farm materials to make the --same-- gear that you will replace in probably less that one week, it will take you atleast one day if not more.

11. Technically, you don't need all ilevel 187 or higher, it averages the ilevel (not gs). I didn't even get superior achievement until I was in ICC10 (some trinket I think was holding me back). Your guide is however good for self sufficient gearing. However, generally the fastest way to gear these days is to farm FOS/POS nm and buy cheap 264 boes on AH. Should be able to get rdfhc ready in like less than a day that way.

12. I would like say that questing for gold and then just buying the cheapest blues and epics for your class is just the easiest thing to do ever. I completed all Grizzly Hills quests at level 80 in about 3 hours and had 4k gold to spend on items, went to the auction house, bought everything I needed and I was able to queue up for RDF hc. I should mention that I also went to Icecrown to do a few more quests for 174 level trinkets (one from the Ebon Blade quests and another from Argent Crusade quests) and it only took about 30 minutes even with my slow flying mount. The trinkets on AH are incredibly overpriced and not worth it when you can get these easily and earn another 500g while getting them. :D

I wouldn't suggesting doing FoS/PoS because it might *seem* like its faster because you can get 219 epics but you have to take into consideration the time you spend waiting for a group to form, time needed to clear the dungeons and the fact that items you need might not drop or you might lose a roll to someone else in the group. In my opinion, FoS/PoS normal are not worth doing at all, and I only do HoR normal to get a tanking shield from Marwynn. Everything else would just get replaced with emblems gear anyway or with upgrades from FoS/PoS/HoR heroic versions of items.

Leveling up an alt and gathering materials to raise the profession then make mediocre items is just such a silly idea unless you want to have those professions for later.
    Edited: April 12, 2020