1. Altering sound files

Hey there!

Is altering sound files bannable offense and does it get caught by the anti cheat? Actual question because there are certain sounds that are annoying to listen to over and over again (Sylvanas' Music Box, Mind Flay, etc) while you still want to have overall sound on.

Thanks for response in advance!
    Edited: February 20, 2020 Reason: Clarification

2. That should be OK, but altering some files still alters the archive, if anticheat relies on hashes it might see you've changed something but not know what and ban you.
    I'd recommend playing with music in the background instead while you wait for staff to confirm whether you can or not.

3. Thanks for replying I appreciate it! I also hope to receive somewhat of a more official response as well though, nothing bad meant at all! Considering that "These are not false positives" regarding the recent bans, I wasn't banned (people close to me were) but now I am worried that if I do the sound altering that it might be picked up.

I usually do have music but I also play with game sound on to hear some of the boss "callouts" so to speak. Helps a little heh.