1. Profession for Enhancement

Hi. I would like to read opinions about benefits regarding eligible professions. I am currently at level 40 and chose skinning and leatherworking, mainly for the benefit of critical hit and the ease of making armor. The latter lost some sense since I can use mail. So... ?

2. Depends on what your goal is,

If you want to make gold then inscription+alchemy
    If you want most stats jc+bs
    If you want some OP stuff in almost any scenario go for engineering+ something, for example, alchemy if you plan to raid
    If you like to farm stuff then gathering professions

In the end its a minor thing, except maybe engineering with op stuff like haste on gloves, nitro boosts and all the guud stuff repair bots, wormhole, mailbox and AH access in Dalaran

3. ALso your bis gems will differ a little with skining, cause with extra crit u will need to reach more hit numbers.
    But as for making gold arctic fur is pretty ez to get, and spend some primos on making items not so bad idea. Much less troublesome than farming ores.

4. Engineering has the best pvp utilities, as well as very good pve ones. Macro your glove enchant to your shamanistic rage (T10 bonus) and the benefits are huge. For the other you should go JC or BS, since they allow you to choose which stats you want to increase.