1. Question about wands and staves.

I'm lvl49 and i've been useing a wand and a staff, was i wrong ? Should i be using a wand and an off hand item or staff and a wand ?

2. I'm lvl49 and i've been useing a wand and a staff, was i wrong ? Should i be using a wand and an off hand item or staff and a wand ?
    You can use want with either MH + OH combo or staff. (you always want to have wand)

Does not matter while leveling. Use whichever you have better atm - this hold all the way till bis (keep your highest MH/OH so you can swap).

When talking about absolute bis (LK weapons) MH + OH provides a bit more dps stats and less stamina than staff.

3. In WotLK wands are a utility weapon that have their own equipment slots. Unlike in later expansions where it becomes a primary equipment piece like staves, swords, daggers, and the like are considered.

As such you should always have a wand equipped in its utility slot and a MainHand 2h or a MainMand 1h + OffHand(OH) pieces equipped. As for wither you should take a 2h vs 1h+OH, I recommend taking whatever gives you the highest amount of stats that you need.