1. The sorry state of Enchanting.

Yes, it is exactly as it says in the title, enchanting right now, is in a sorry state. It went down from one of the best gold making professions to a useless one. Everywhere i played, i made tens of thousands of gold with this profession, by selling enchants. Now the server has a problem, and that problem are the players that have no idea of basic economics. You take the smallest price from AH of every material that goes into a scroll of enchant, make a sum , and have a rough idea of how much an enchant should cost. But because very few people do this, it ends up not being worth it to make scrolls and sell them because they cost more to produce than if you would just sell the materials individually. For example "Scroll of Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault", with the material prices from AH at the moment i made this post, it cost 167 gold to make this scroll, and at the AH it sells for 134 gold. in that case, why would i bother to make the scroll anymore and not just sell the materials individually, this way i would not have to take any risk of losing gold for continuously undercutting and having the risk of not selling that scroll. Since the mats i take for free from DE the items. This post is more of an appeal to all the players that do read the forum and have this profession. Please think before you try to sell an enchanting item at the AH because you are doing what i just said, you are ruining this profession. Keep a small profit margin before posting an enchant at AH.
    Edited: February 23, 2020

2. most professions were like that last i played. the only way you made profit from crafting an item was if you farmed some the matts yourself, or got them for a very cheap price. never quite understood how it ended up like that, any other game i've played the end item was worth making.

3. I have allways made my gold from crafting high ilvl items, for years I have been doing this and the first 5 years I made tons of gold on it, but for every year the price goes down more and more. I have noticed almost everything on auctionhouse has followed this pattern.
    The gold squish has made this escalate because a lot of people sell the stuff they hoarded up right now.

4. How about this: you buy all the 170g enchants and sell them for 250 after 2 weeks?

5. Sure, you go and try that, and stay with them unsold forever because someone else will always be there to cut the price from 250 back to 170 gold again because they aren't doing their homework.

6. That is the thing, i farm most of my mats, i hardly ever buy, only the armor/weapon vellum i need to create the enchants, but the problem stands, if i get more gold from selling mats individually , there is no point in making enchants, be them high level or not. just gonna sell the mats, do dailies and be done with it :))

7. Well, I think the reason for that is quite simple. The final product doesn't increase your profession skill, materials do that for you. And since most people have their gear and enchants together already, some will pay absurd amounts of gold to quickly max their professions on 20 different characters. Hence why copper ore is being sold for 40g a stack (been a while since I've last checked the pricing)

Then again, I might be completely wrong and people are just stupid!
    Edited: February 23, 2020