1. Warmane review from the perspective of a new player.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions that I want to express to players that may be looking to join the Warmane server, as a new player myself. There are some complaints in this thread, but I do not expect anything to be changed based on my complaints, and while they may be complaints for me, other people may enjoy it.

This is a thread that I've decided to write after reading all of the war-mane horror stories that have turned me away from the warmane realms for so long. I've been on warmane for five days now, and have been 80 for about three more and I wanted to touch on a few different things that I've learned and picked up on that may inform new players about the status of things, from someone who doesn't just scream PAY TO WIN SERVER, AVOID.

I joined Warmane (Icecrown) with the intent of playing PvP. I wanted to do a bunch of battlegrounds and spam 2v2 arenas with my friend and let me tell you, the battlegrounds have been insanely fun, even while being undergeared. The horror stories you read about getting one-shot by smourne's every 2 seconds are completely false. It does happen from time to time, but what do you expect, you have no resilience. People with the heirlooms can still nearly nuke you, because there's no mitigation. It was like this in retail also.

Now, that being said, every once in a blue moon, you end up in games like these:

https://gyazo.com/b37256b56bcc405df403e2c37ce33d7c.png

These are not fun, as you can't play, and the entire team just sits on your graveyard and kills you over and over. These are likely mostly premade games, but also has to do with the fact that it doesn't SEEM like battlegrounds have any sort of gear-score matchmaking in place. Totally fine, same with retail wotlk, it happens.

My biggest complaint is... Blackrock. Most of the time the people complaining about PAY-TO-WIN is actually people complaining about BlackRock. For those of you who don't know, Blackrock is an instant-80 realm server where you get BiS (non-arena) PvP gear for free. Free gems. Free enchants. Free everything. This is totally cool, and I understand why people would want to play like this. Spending several days grinding your equipment isn't for everyone.

However, the fact that there is cross-realm battlegrounds and arenas... makes it feel like you're totally F**KED without grinding for hundreds of hours to get the PvP equipment and gold for all the enchants and gear. Considering with PvE gear the users from Blackrock mow through you like a freshly sharpened cleaver, it really feels like you're totally useless and is likely the basis for all of the "Donators are too strong" complaints.

---

ALL IN ALL - I think that warmane is a great server and it's much more friendly to new players looking to do anything, either PvE or PvP than you may realize. The community has been exceptionally friendly and the leveling experience was equal to or even better to that of retail, with players and open-world PvP being everywhere. If you're looking for a place to call home, pick one of the realms here and you won't be dissapointed.

EDIT:

MULTIBOXING This is something that's allowed here and I will never understand why. It completely ruins the fun of things like Wintergrasp when there's 50/80 of the players being multiboxers.

10 frost mages
    10 resto druids
    10 enhance shamans

On both factions, every game. REEE.

==== But kill the leader and they all fall apart.
    Edited: February 24, 2020

2. Yea, I like it. I'm a rogue without shadowmorne and I do fine in battlegrounds, just stack armor pen, and disarm shadowmorne people. Everything I have in game I got just from playing it. In fact my rogue is stronger here than it was on retail where I had over 400k honor kills. I still have a problem with paladins, but I did on retail too. When people lose they will find a way to whine about it, whether it be because they have shadowmorne and you don't or whether they have healers and you don't. Everyone thinks they're a pro and when they lose it always goes to pointing fingers. That's on any game though. People just won't allow themselves to believe they lost because someone was better than them, I don't think their brains will allow it.

3. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2771873

explains why boxing is allowed. agree with it or not it's here to stay.

4. Yea, I like it. I'm a rogue without shadowmorne and I do fine in battlegrounds, just stack armor pen, and disarm shadowmorne people. Everything I have in game I got just from playing it. In fact my rogue is stronger here than it was on retail where I had over 400k honor kills. I still have a problem with paladins, but I did on retail too. When people lose they will find a way to whine about it, whether it be because they have shadowmorne and you don't or whether they have healers and you don't. Everyone thinks they're a pro and when they lose it always goes to pointing fingers. That's on any game though. People just won't allow themselves to believe they lost because someone was better than them, I don't think their brains will allow it.
    Thank you for sharing this. People need to understand that skill is a big part of this game.

MULTIBOXING This is something that's allowed here and I will never understand why.
    It's a "style of play". Fortunately, not everyone can do it, or has the patience to. This limits the amount of multiboxers because people are generally lazy when playing games. I personally think we should shut down the multiboxing section to reduce this influx even more and limit knowledge of it. I'm not very fond of people with maturity issues having access to a military. It's not healthy for anyone.
    Edited: February 24, 2020

5. The only issue i have with blackrock besides the majority being icecrown que players that suck and wanna try a new class every 5 mins, is the fact that blackrock has access to custom content food, they eat and mount up the buff stays while moving and it basically full heals them in like less then 10 seconds it's pretty overpowered if your a rogue with any skill whatsoever.

6. Yea, I like it. I'm a rogue without shadowmorne .
    Yeah me too with my mage, warlock, priest, drood, shaman, rogue .................................................. ... oh wait maybe it's because they can't use sadowmourne. The rest are laughtable.

Look at ladder or do hight-end gear pvp, you 'll see sadowmourne users (warrior, pala, and dk) top meta, so guess the rest.
    like this team http://armory.warmane.com/team/after...ecrown/summary

Bg have a ilel system so unless you have a hight cap you don't face full end-gear. Some peoples doing premade full sm + healers, it's just a pain.

About Blackrock yes they have free gears, but not all. You have to grind arena if you want better set. And Blackrock don't get all all the stuff, only few of them. You can overgear a br player, on lordaron and ice. (and they are way worse to fight them)

p.s: look at store top one is ......... sm

7. Battlegrounds are a lot less fun in the upper-tier though, where everyone is full wrathful and you're.... not. :P

8. Battlegrounds are a lot less fun in the upper-tier though, where everyone is full wrathful and you're.... not. :P
    No. I know you get farm,... but you can get a better gear. When you are at the end, full hight-end gear and get farm by sm, is way worst because there are nothing you can do, no stuff, no tricks,..... This is exactly what happend on pvp war/pala are top meta something like 2 years and you just get **** if you play mage, warlock, rogue,...

9. War/Pala aren't the top comp because of Shadowmourne. They're the top comp because that's how the game was balanced on this patch. It was like this in retail too several years ago.

10. I don't know, but it just feels good when I bring down a shadowmorne player with my lowly simple farmer rogue. It's possible, just have to stay on your toes. Don't let them do anything. Or Just get 70% armor pen and killing spree him, He's dead no matter what his gear is.

Look at ladder or do hight-end gear pvp, you 'll see sadowmourne users (warrior, pala, and dk) top meta, so guess the rest.
    like this team http://armory.warmane.com/team/after...ecrown/summary - It was like that on retail too, because a Holy Paladin and a Warrior or DK is pretty much the best combo in wotlk, I don't think it has much to do with gear. Those people would probably still be on top.
    Edited: February 26, 2020

11. [

EDIT:

MULTIBOXING This is something that's allowed here and I will never understand why. It completely ruins the fun of things like Wintergrasp when there's 50/80 of the players being multiboxers.

10 frost mages
    10 resto druids
    10 enhance shamans

On both factions, every game. REEE.

==== But kill the leader and they all fall apart.
    Im gonna go ahead and guess because its legal on blizzard servers and always has been. Oh and protip - we all use FTL (focus less, target less, leader less) setups now so no, killing the leader does literally nothing to any boxxer with a clue.

12. Still can't believe this server allows multiboxing.. pathetic.. Not like they are getting 15 bucks a month from each one like greedy Blizzard..

13. Still can't believe this server allows multiboxing.. pathetic.. Not like they are getting 15 bucks a month from each one like greedy Blizzard..
    We pay for the server, because we require access at certain times. Be thankful, and you're welcome.

14. Still can't believe this server allows multiboxing.. pathetic.. Not like they are getting 15 bucks a month from each one like greedy Blizzard..

Actually pathetic is coming here to whine about something that has always been legal on every official wow server ever. Why would it not be legal here, and no we arent interested in your opinion, give some actual facts (which of course dont actually exist)

As the other guy said. Boxxers basically pay for you to be able to play by funding the server. Like he said, you are welcome.

15. If you wanna feel better > Whenever you see a multiboxer just remember that he wasted so much money and you didn't. It might work.