1. Decisions, Decisions

Hi guys,

I have been wanting to come back to Warmane (Or Molten for those who played back then). Back then I was mostly interested in PvP but this time around I am thinking that I want to do both. I have also narrowed it down to either a Hunter or a Shaman but havn't really decided yet. That's where you guys come in!

What is more needed and reliable in late game, both in PvE and PvP? Hunter for pure DPS or Shaman as a healer? Although I am not so sure I'll main a healer for that matter.

What are you guys' input?

2. as you probably know heal shaman are pretty unskilled in pve
    while hunter are harder to totaly master

Idk about pvp shaman, but I know skill cap is very big with my pvp hunt i still have so many thing to learn

Gearing hunter is so long if u dont donate and dont have a guilde since in this stupid servor they'll ask u 5.3k gs to start doing icc.. long to reach coz its long to tag in random dungeon as dps
    gearing shaman will be much easier, u have a lot of BOE which dont cost alot + fast tag in rdf

both class are demanded in pve, hunter are one of the rare dps that most of raid are missing (with warlock but who the **** like to play warlokc in pve??? )
    shaman like all heal are asked but since u only need 1 R shaman per raid...

SO u'll find easily raid with both classes compared to people playing ret/war/mage or dk

3. Pve wise
    with hunter you will be marksman tranq bot with some specific MD objectives and responsibilities.
    Wth shaman you will heal, shaman is most interesting healing class, you gotta adapt to situations since you cover both tank and raid healing.
    (you will be MM hunt or Resto shaman, other specs are simply gimmick at endgame)

Pvp wise
    No idea what is your goal, probably play whichever you like more. Hunt melts down ppl nicely, especially with endgame pve gears, shaman is great too. That is in general.

4. Shaman is considered the weakest healer overall and the weakest dps class in PvE so I'd say its no good unless you really want to play ele shaman + warlock in arena which is good. Otherwise you're better off as a druid imo. Hunter meanwhile always has value in PvE with tranq shot + misdirection duty and decent dps. Then for PvP you have healing reduction shot and high armor pen which melts through melee in pvp.
    Edited: February 26, 2020

5. Since when is shaman considered a weak healer, let alone the weakest?

6. Since when is shaman considered a weak healer, let alone the weakest?
    I think this comes from those who tankheal with chain heal and never actually cleared anything with rsham.

7. Since when is shaman considered a weak healer, let alone the weakest?
    Shaman excels at nothing in particular aside from buffs, the other classes do better at tank and group healing. Theyre just sort of average at both. And in PvP they're the easiest healer to kill
    Edited: February 28, 2020

8. Shaman excels at nothing in particular aside from buffs, the other classes do better at tank and group healing. Theyre just sort of average at both. And in PvP they're the easiest healer to kill
    As someone that used to play shaman main in the past i cant agree with this - yes,you arent the best tank healer,but for aoe heals they are rlly strong,also you need atleast 1 shaman for your raid to be succesfull(soo many buffs).For pvp - ms and other healing reduction effects will hurt you,but you are soo hard to kill if you know what to do

9. as you probably know heal shaman are pretty unskilled in pve
    while hunter are harder to totaly master

Idk about pvp shaman, but I know skill cap is very big with my pvp hunt i still have so many thing to learn

Gearing hunter is so long if u dont donate and dont have a guilde since in this stupid servor they'll ask u 5.3k gs to start doing icc.. long to reach coz its long to tag in random dungeon as dps
    gearing shaman will be much easier, u have a lot of BOE which dont cost alot + fast tag in rdf

both class are demanded in pve, hunter are one of the rare dps that most of raid are missing (with warlock but who the **** like to play warlokc in pve??? )
    shaman like all heal are asked but since u only need 1 R shaman per raid...

SO u'll find easily raid with both classes compared to people playing ret/war/mage or dk
    I highly doubt that the 'stupid' server has anything to do with people asking for overgeared players in PUGS. It is mainly the bad experiences people have with undergeared or even decently geared players, because alot of people simply don't know how to play the game properly. Having 500 more GS than needed might make up for the lack of knowledge...Atleast sometimes it does..

Also, calling a class 'unskilled' in PVE or PVP doesn't really make sense, since skill is based on the player behind the screen, not the actual class you play.

10. Stopped reading at "shaman totally unskilled and hunter hard to master" bulls*it. And then glanced over hunter being hard to gear....dude hunter is literaly the easiest class to gear on whole server. Nobody plays enha, and there isnt more than 2 hunters in a 25man. Enjoy your free loot