1. Any information on the Battleground tier system?

I'm currently trying to farm honor to complete my furious equipment set so that I can stand somewhat of a chance in arenas. I'm trying to figure out at which item-level average the battleground brackets break at.

This is because as an alliance player every battleground I've joined in the higher-brackets have consisted of our entire team at the graveyard, while the horde is spawn-camping us for 20+ minutes depending on the battleground. Out of the last 6 high-tier battlegrounds I've played in, 5 of them went that way, where the entire enemy team had a combined death-total of 2 or less, and 40+ kills.

I'm just looking for information on how to actually have a fair chance at playing the game. I've bought a lot of lower-tier (level 70 greens) and it's letting me back into the lower tier lists, but every time I try to equip any amount of gear to at-least survive in this tier, I'm back into the spawn-camp cycle where everyone has double my maximum health and we're not even allowed to move.

Thanks for any information regarding this. I've been experimenting with the iLvl average and I've seen high-tier battlegrounds with an iLvl as low as 180. Which is crazy considering the people in high-tier have an average of 300+.

EDIT: Looking at my armory isn't going to do you any good, considering I'm trying to find the sweet-spot for tiers, im in a random mix of greens & epics.
    Edited: February 27, 2020

2. there is no 300+ ilvl items on this expansion. Only a handful of 284.

3. I heard the cutoff is 219 average item level. Probably some other conditions. Gotta ask the low bracket "twinks" lol

4. there is no 300+ ilvl items on this expansion. Only a handful of 284.
    Confused gear-score with ilvl for a moment, my bad.

5. I heard the cutoff is 219 average item level. Probably some other conditions. Gotta ask the low bracket "twinks" lol
    Sitting in the high-gear brackets with 173 iLvl and 13k health, lol. Gave up on it and just suffering the graveyard camping.

6. Sitting in the high-gear brackets with 173 iLvl and 13k health, lol.
    You aren't. These gear brackets are only enabled when there is enough of the population queueing to fully populate two brackets.

7. And you can't trick the system by unequipping items, it takes all of your gear into account, including inventory and bank.
    If you deleted items, then maybe you can go back to the lower bracket, but I wouldn't bet on it. If I had anything to do with it, deleting wouldn't help you either.

And, as Mercy pointed out, if there's not enough players in your bracket, you'll get popped in with the other bracket so you don't have to wait an eternity.

8. There still seems to be no answer about how it is assessed, could any GM please clarify how the bg bracket is assessed? Is it based per number of item that are higher than Ilvl219 ? Or is it by Gearscore measure? Please clarify this point so everyone knows.