1. haste in pvp

haste, good or not for unholy?

2. Does a question like this really need a forum post? ....also its like asking if increasing your dps is good or bad

3. It's good in a way, because it makes yours and your pets melee hits hit faster as well as the gargoyle casts.
    It's inferior to Str, Resi and Crit though. The only stat worse is expertise.

4. Haste for dk in pvp is nearly useless, cause u can't be 100% of the time at target to use that. Even expertise is better than haste in pvp.

5. To be optimistic and positive though, it's at least better than spirit, mp5, intellect, spellpower as well. Not too sure about parry and dodge though.

6. Frost DK benefits more from haste than Unholy because it increases his KM proc rate.

7. Both unholy and frost don't have a great secondary stat for pvp. While you're not quite in full wrathful + PvE off-parts any extra stat you can get will benefit you. You don't go out of your way to gem or gear for haste.

8. Both unholy and frost don't have a great secondary stat for pvp.
    I dont know... depanding on what you consider as primary stat, there are multiple options for great secondary stat. I would consider hit as your primary stat, until capped, followed by str/ap, crit, res (not in that particular order).

While you're not quite in full wrathful + PvE off-parts any extra stat you can get will benefit you. You don't go out of your way to gem or gear for haste.
    No, haste is not going to benefit you unless you can make sure that you are able to stay in range 100% of the time, not getting cc a single time and that the fight last long enough that your haste finally grants you one extra swing. Unlike pve where you sit behind a boss like a braindead ape, in pvp your enemy will do everything to avoid your weapon swings. Haste only only benefit your white attacks and only if you stack a lot of it, which means sacrificing lots of AP, Crit, res.

9. Also haste increases your pets attack speed (which is good dps), pet energy gains and Garg cast speed.

10. I dont know... depanding on what you consider as primary stat, there are multiple options for great secondary stat. I would consider hit as your primary stat, until capped, followed by str/ap, crit, res (not in that particular order).
    I don't consider any one stat only by itself as primary. Hit, strength and resilience are all primary stats for both specs. I'm sure you can figure out which the secondary stats are.

No, haste is not going to benefit you unless you can make sure that you are able to stay in range 100% of the time, not getting cc a single time and that the fight last long enough that your haste finally grants you one extra swing. Unlike pve where you sit behind a boss like a braindead ape, in pvp your enemy will do everything to avoid your weapon swings. Haste only only benefit your white attacks and only if you stack a lot of it, which means sacrificing lots of AP, Crit, res.
    Haste will benefit you. It has a non-zero dps value regardless of what you think. However, you misunderstood what I said in my post. While haste will benefit you, you shouldn't be going for it in any way unless it just so happens to be on the best item you have for the respective item slot. Hope this clears it up for such a godlike pvp-er as yourself.

11. The only haste you really get is gonna be from your cloak at bis. You may pick it up on other offpieces that are lower ilvl when gearing. Only reason you pick up this stat is because pvp neck, cloak, weapon and rings don’t have strength on them. Otherwise you shouldn’t really be gemming or enchanting towards haste. Your other secondaries are armor pen, crit and expertise, so nothing huge to choose from for DKs.

12. My 3rd post in this thread haha, I wanna point out my opinion on the stats in general, which is connected to haste as well.
    1. Your main offensive stat is Str, which is better than AP since 1 Str = 2 AP and you also have the Forceful Deflection passive (15% of Str is turned into parry), Ravenous Dead (3% Str increase), Endless Winter (4% Str increase) and Rune of the FC (15% Str increase chance on hit). Hence why DV/DC is the best PvP trinket there is (cause of scaling) and this is the reason Neck, Ring, Cloak and Weapon are changed with PvE pieces. DKs don't scale well with gear like a warrior, but the Str bonus is worthwhile.
    2. The most important stats you need to cap are 5% Hit (You need to hit the target in order to do dmg, right?) and 130 Spell pen (Similar to hit, but for resistances). It's more important than all other stats.
    3. Your main defensive stat is Resi. You should find the sweet spot for your playstyle, but usually we go for 1k, 1100 or 1200. My sweet spot is 1150.
    4. Crit isn't that good, since diseases can't crit. Wandering Plague makes crit a bit more useful, but in general Scourge Strike doesn't really hit that hard to make it worthwhile, while DC has spell crit, which is low anyway. Its a good stat to have, but not something to go out of your way for.
    5. Haste really gives you only melee attack speed. In cata for example haste reduces rune cooldown, which makes it so good, but in wotlk u don't really have a big reason to get haste. Only pets get better - Gargoyle casts faster, the pet regenerates energy faster.
    6. Expertise is kinda good vs rogues etc. But you have a mechanic which refunds your runes if you miss a strike, so you only lose a gcd in the process.

The point is, Hit, Spell pen, Str and Resi a good. Crit, Haste and Expertise are lackluster. This is why DKs have no good secondary stat, but I'd go for crit out of all of em. I wouldn't get out of my way to gem crit/haste/exp though.