1. Having touble understanding how weapon damage affects dps/crit

Basically, I can't decide between using Bryntroll (277), Glorenzelg (271), or Shadow's edge (264) bc the way each one affects my damage on the character tab seems to be the opposite of what id expect.

For example, Bryntoll has ZERO crit rating, however with it equipped, my crit chance is 39%. When I equip glorenzelg, which has 115 crit rating, my crit chance goes down to 36%. how can this be? is it a bug, or am i not understanding something? Furthermore, when I equip Shadow's edge, which has a crit rating of 92 (less than glorenzelg), my crit chance goes up to 42% (higher than glorelzelg).

The way the damage itself works is also confusing, it doesnt seem to make sense. Ill list them here:

Shadows Edge:
    872 - 1309 dam, 3.70 speed -- 294.7 dps
    Character tab dam:
    2692- 3170 -- 917.3 dps

Glorenzelg (271):
    895 - 1344 dam, 3.60 speed -- 311.0 dps
    Character tab:
    2667 - 3158 dam -- 936.8 dps

Bryntroll (277):
    886 - 1329 dam, 3.40 speed -- 325.7 dps
    Character tab:
    2574 - 3059 -- 959.4 dps

As you can see, it looks like Shadows Edge hits the hardest, and gives the most crit (somehow). Glorenzelg hits harder than Bryntroll, but is slower, and gives me less crit (somewhow).

Anyway, can anyone help me make sense of all this and help me decide which one is best to use in raids?

Thanks.

2. Basically, I can't decide between using Bryntroll (277), Glorenzelg (271), or Shadow's edge (264) bc the way each one affects my damage on the character tab seems to be the opposite of what id expect.

For example, Bryntoll has ZERO crit rating, however with it equipped, my crit chance is 39%. When I equip glorenzelg, which has 115 crit rating, my crit chance goes down to 36%. how can this be? is it a bug, or am i not understanding something? Furthermore, when I equip Shadow's edge, which has a crit rating of 92 (less than glorenzelg), my crit chance goes up to 42% (higher than glorelzelg).

The way the damage itself works is also confusing, it doesnt seem to make sense. Ill list them here:

Shadows Edge:
    872 - 1309 dam, 3.70 speed -- 294.7 dps
    Character tab dam:
    2692- 3170 -- 917.3 dps

Glorenzelg (271):
    895 - 1344 dam, 3.60 speed -- 311.0 dps
    Character tab:
    2667 - 3158 dam -- 936.8 dps

Bryntroll (277):
    886 - 1329 dam, 3.40 speed -- 325.7 dps
    Character tab:
    2574 - 3059 -- 959.4 dps

As you can see, it looks like Shadows Edge hits the hardest, and gives the most crit (somehow). Glorenzelg hits harder than Bryntroll, but is slower, and gives me less crit (somewhow).

Anyway, can anyone help me make sense of all this and help me decide which one is best to use in raids?

Thanks.
    Shadow's edge hits the hardest due to its slow speed if I'm right.

Also you probably have more crit with bryntroll because you have a talent for axes? (+5%crit, although i'm not sure with what classes/specs you performed these tests)

3. For example, Bryntoll has ZERO crit rating, however with it equipped, my crit chance is 39%. When I equip glorenzelg, which has 115 crit rating, my crit chance goes down to 36%. how can this be? is it a bug, or am i not understanding something? Furthermore, when I equip Shadow's edge, which has a crit rating of 92 (less than glorenzelg), my crit chance goes up to 42% (higher than glorelzelg).
    Crit chance drops for weapon types that you haven't skilled up yet. Go skill up your two-handed sword skill.

[...]

Thanks.
    Glorenzelg has a higher item level than Shadow's Edge and the weapon speeds are very close to each other, which is why Glorenzelg is going to pull ahead on weapon damage. Bryntroll has a MUCH faster weapon speed than Glorenzelg (twice the difference between it and Shadow's Edge), which out-classes the item level difference and thus still leaving Glorenzelg with the higher weapon damage. Weapon damage is not everything though.

Also you probably have more crit with bryntroll because you have a talent for axes? (+5%crit, although i'm not sure with what classes/specs you performed these tests)
    Likely Retribution, which has no such talents, since this was posted in the Paladin sub-forum.

4. Thank you, both of you! That clears things up, appreciate it.