1. RATED battlegrounds for 3.3.5?

Title says it all! rated battlegrounds 10v10 like retail! for wotlk!

2. Would be a dead bracket.
    5s requires only a 5 man premade to queue and it's still a dead bracket.
    Rated BG would require a 10 man premade to queue up so it's very unrealistic to assume that it would be a active bracket.
    Edited: March 14, 2020

3. Would be a dead bracket.
    Rated BG would require a 10 man premade to queue up so it's very unrealistic to assume that it would be a active bracket.
    Perhaps, but I disagree. There are many players who really enjoy pvp but simply don't have the skill to compete whatsoever in arena and become discouraged. This group makes up an extremely large percentage of the population compared to diehard arena players. I think a large number of those players would flock to rated BGs.

Personally, I love arena and have played 3.3.5 arena since retail. I don't pve and I only do BGs very rarely - literally less than once per year. Until the past few weeks that is. I've very recently begun playing BGs as a change of pace. Well, at least the only fun BG, wsg. I think, in addition to the pvpers with less than stellar skill level, a number of relatively high skill arena players would also flock to BGs if they were rated. I'm starting to re-appreciate (back when BC was live I only did BGs and not arena) wsg strategies and coordination and a whole other side of pvp compared to arena.

While it's hard to coordinate a group of 5 ppl to log on for 5v5s, rated BGs will almost never consist of a set group of 10 or even a dozen players. Otherwise, you're right, it would never actually happen. I bet instead that guilds would randomly (or perhaps at a set time) gather a group of 10 guildies or those who are friends with those guildies to queue up on any given day.

It would of course help with participation if warmane allows players to purchase pvp gear based on RBG ratings and not just arena ratings.

On a related note, it would be really cool if there was another 10v10 like wsg - I quit on retail during cata and haven't played retail since but vaguely remember one such BG. I did like that cata introduced a debuff on the flag carrier, if held too long, to address the problem of both teams picking up flags and turtling for too long.

Edit: To further bolster participation, warmane could incentivze (whether by offering increased honor, increased chance of transmog scrolls, etc.) rated BGs at certain times or on certain days. This is something I always thought they should have done with 5v5s to jumpstart that bracket.
    Edited: April 1, 2020

4. Would be a dead bracket.
    I disagree with you. For 5v5 you actually need a team and you can play only with this team, while Rated BG is suppose to be personal rating w/o team and making premade should be easy. Also there is a huge difference between BG and Arena. People are running 5man or 10 man premades in BGs constantly. Fot years we have seen pvp guilds who focus on running full premades and complete steamrolling enemy team of random players w/o any challenge. Rated BG have been the logical next step for long time, no idea why Warmane is so unwilling to try implement it.

5. I disagree with you. For 5v5 you actually need a team and you can play only with this team, while Rated BG is suppose to be personal rating w/o team and making premade should be easy. Also there is a huge difference between BG and Arena. People are running 5man or 10 man premades in BGs constantly. Fot years we have seen pvp guilds who focus on running full premades and complete steamrolling enemy team of random players w/o any challenge. Rated BG have been the logical next step for long time, no idea why Warmane is so unwilling to try implement it.
    Yes, but no. BG should be without premade. 70% of pvp players are alliance (blackrock) so horde will be stomped everytime with premade (already the case without premade if you play around 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm) Even with mercenary mode the balance is still for alliance because there are still few horde player. (so ban horde form bg? Is that the idea?). Futhermore, i see enought dk/war/ pala with hpala in arena, so let the bg free. A place where you can play EVERY class.
    For example last aftermoon , i fought an alliance premade guild. It's was awfull. (guild: Invincible). Their comp: full gear + sm war, dk, pala with hpala and dpriest ( both around 36k hp), just disgusting. There was just nothing you can do, one of them looking at you, you die.

6. Yes, but no. BG should be without premade. 70% of pvp players are alliance (blackrock) so horde will be stomped everytime with premade (already the case without premade if you play around 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm) Even with mercenary mode the balance is still for alliance because there are still few horde player. (so ban horde form bg? Is that the idea?). Futhermore, i see enought dk/war/ pala with hpala in arena, so let the bg free. A place where you can play EVERY class.
    For example last aftermoon , i fought an alliance premade guild. It's was awfull. (guild: Invincible). Their comp: full gear + sm war, dk, pala with hpala and dpriest ( both around 36k hp), just disgusting. There was just nothing you can do, one of them looking at you, you die.
    I dont know why you decide to quote me and talk about random stuff that have nothing to do with my post, but ok i guess.....

"BG should be without pramde", no idea what this is suppose to mean or from where you got this concept. There is premandes and there was always been premades in BGs. Sorry if you dont like it, but this is the reality.

I have no clue wtf rest of your post if suppose to be or what you even trying to say. Seems like you complaining about geared people beating you in BG, i fail to see what this have to do with the topic at all.

7. If i quote you maybe because it's me answer of your pov. If you are not able to understand what i said, i hope it's my fault due to my explanantions.
    iN THE CASE OF RATED BG;

So i'll explan. So you said there are enought player who premade to do rated bg. And i said yes but that 'll be a disaster.
    I'm sorry but for me rated bg are barely the same as arena if you do that. Why? Because you prepared your team, choose it,... have a bit of coordination and try hard, like arena (because rated mean reward). In the other hand you have "normal" bg where you don't choose, your comp suck most of the time (especially in horde side) and zero coordination.

As i said most of bg player are from blackrock because there are two thing to do in br , arena or bg. But most of them are alliance (70%, even with that they balance the side in 3 servers) so when you do rated bg, what 'll happend? (with mercenary system) alliance vs alliance, so horde player get ****. It's already the case in bg, so let the people, like someone said "player with not he right skill to do arena or be good at it", (horde player most of them because no emph) play rated for all. You 'll create an elitist bg, with your premade and that 'll be like arena. Full sm War, dk, pala with hpala comp will ruling it, and there is nothing to do against that.
    So i said premade should not be allow on rated because 'll see this comp (100% of time), as an example i took my own exp with a premade made by a guild. No premade allow = all player can play rated bg and ALL CLASS.

8. If i quote you maybe because it's me answer of your pov. If you are not able to understand what i said, i hope it's my fault due to my explanantions.
    iN THE CASE OF RATED BG;

So i'll explan. So you said there are enought player who premade to do rated bg. And i said yes but that 'll be a disaster.
    I'm sorry but for me rated bg are barely the same as arena if you do that. Why? Because you prepared your team, choose it,... have a bit of coordination and try hard, like arena (because rated mean reward). In the other hand you have "normal" bg where you don't choose, your comp suck most of the time (especially in horde side) and zero coordination.

As i said most of bg player are from blackrock because there are two thing to do in br , arena or bg. But most of them are alliance (70%, even with that they balance the side in 3 servers) so when you do rated bg, what 'll happend? (with mercenary system) alliance vs alliance, so horde player get ****. It's already the case in bg, so let the people, like someone said "player with not he right skill to do arena or be good at it", (horde player most of them because no emph) play rated for all. You 'll create an elitist bg, with your premade and that 'll be like arena. Full sm War, dk, pala with hpala comp will ruling it, and there is nothing to do against that.
    So i said premade should not be allow on rated because 'll see this comp (100% of time), as an example i took my own exp with a premade made by a guild. No premade allow all player to play rated bg and ALL CLASS and gain some pvp reward

9. First of all i dont agree most BG players come from BR at all, not even close. Sure BR is only PVP realm but its population is way way too low compare to other 2 realms. ALSO other realms have 2 gear bracket so PVP population is split, while on BR you only get into the upper bracket because you start with 5.4k gs.

No idea why you think Rated BG will be a disaster. You do know that this is something that exist in WOW for almost 10 years already right? Its actaully really good feature of the game. The idea that rated BG should not be premade its complete *****ic. That's the whole point of it to make premade vs premade game where you play for rating. And for people who dont like the competitie aspect of it, they can just play regular BGs. Its not like anyone will be forced to queue ranked.

Maybe i am wrong. but i have a feeling you havent really play expansions past WOTLK and you dont really understand what rated BG mean or how is works.

10. I disagree with you. For 5v5 you actually need a team and you can play only with this team, while Rated BG is suppose to be personal rating w/o team and making premade should be easy. Also there is a huge difference between BG and Arena. People are running 5man or 10 man premades in BGs constantly. Fot years we have seen pvp guilds who focus on running full premades and complete steamrolling enemy team of random players w/o any challenge. Rated BG have been the logical next step for long time, no idea why Warmane is so unwilling to try implement it.
    Maybe when there is a soloq option it would be kinda active. But if it requires a 10 man premade then I have my doubts because rated BG was completely dead on Cata and MoP, even when these Xpacs were popular on Warmane.

11. Maybe when there is a soloq option it would be kinda active. But if it requires a 10 man premade then I have my doubts because rated BG was completely dead on Cata and MoP, even when these Xpacs were popular on Warmane.
    I would be curious to see the overall BG participation on the Cata and MoP servers. I would suspect those playing on warmane who really enjoy pvp are going to be drawn to WOTLK over Cata and MoP.

12. I would be curious to see the overall BG participation on the Cata and MoP servers. I would suspect those playing on warmane who really enjoy pvp are going to be drawn to WOTLK over Cata and MoP.
    Cata and MoP used to be more popular than Wotlk but that was a long time ago before the moltdown.

13. Cata and MoP used to be more popular than Wotlk but that was a long time ago before the moltdown.
    More popular then old wrath realms sure, but not even close to current WOTLK realms population. Rated BG was very active on old molten MOP realm before the meltdown. I had around 2k ratedBG rating and my guild was running multiple rated groups back then. I can imagine later on after the meltdown rated bracket was death, but cata and MOP realms in general die as well so not sure what this have to do with anything. Its really hard to imagine there will be no people willing to play Rated in Wrath when we have crossrealm with 4 times the population we had on old molten and we can even support 2 brackets for BG today.
    Edited: April 2, 2020

14. I would be curious to see the overall BG participation on the Cata and MoP servers. I would suspect those playing on warmane who really enjoy pvp are going to be drawn to WOTLK over Cata and MoP.
    MoP bg (and pvp in general) is different to wotlk, for that reason mop servers with 2k pop of less can get constant bg while wotlk realms with 6k struggle to get a single bg every 20 minutes (and it would be healthy it you ask me). Maybe is because 5.4 have pvp oriented features, gear catching or design, but MoP pvp participation is much more in relative numbers to wotlk. Wotlk strong point is arena. When a free action potion last 30 sec at max level you know bg isn't a priority for developers.

Rated bg is a nice idea to have in wotlk tho and the first step to fix that scenario of wotlk pvp.

15. Its really hard to imagine there will be no people willing to play Rated in Wrath when we have crossrealm with 4 times the population we had on old molten and we can even support 2 brackets for BG today.
    Yeah there's really no down side to offering rated BGs. It would definitely draw more interest and participation in the server.

12 Last