1. Rend bug?!

Sometimes happen that rend can't be re-applied to the target and i get this error: A more powerful spell is already active...
    Obv this is mad, because if I want to re-apply rend before the debuff expire I cant....
    any others had this problem?

2. Maybe druid cat is having bleed so it doesn't work? Idk, it looks like this could be the case.

It's same when paladin has attack power buff and you try to do battle shout, it won't work because a stronger power is already active.

3. Maybe druid cat is having bleed so it doesn't work? Idk, it looks like this could be the case.

It's same when paladin has attack power buff and you try to do battle shout, it won't work because a stronger power is already active.
    nono i was testing on a dummy ALONE.

Anyway i ask to Chrriiz during his stream today regarding this problem, and he admit to have the same "problem" and he was obv surprised, saying that this thing is definetely new. So they have mess up something with some kind of "fix".

4. I just tested this in Ironforge. Yes, there seems to be a bug but: Heroic Training Dummy(Boss Dummy) and Expert's Training Dummy(level 60) seems to work just fine, whereas it doesn't allow a second application(or refresh) on neither Master's Training Dummy nor Grandmaster Training Dummy. This only happens sometimes, as I had several occations where I would be able to cast it, and several occations(mostly after moving?) where it just would not allow me applying it.
    If anyone would be interested, I tested it on a Prot PvP Spec.
    Seems like something has changed. Just don't know what causes this error-type(?).

5. i guess this is because rend damage scales with attack power, you cant re-apply it when your first applied rend buff was casted while u had some kind of ap buff.

lets say your berserking procs, you get +400ap, you apply rend which means its deals more damage equal to the +400ap, then beserking runs out - > 400 ap less. If you then try to re-apply it without the berserking buff, it tells you that a more powerful spell is already active, since the currently active buff was casted with +400ap, meaning it deals more dmg/is more powerful.

im not entirly sure that this is the reason, but this is what makes sense to me.

6. i guess this is because rend damage scales with attack power, you cant re-apply it when your first applied rend buff was casted while u had some kind of ap buff.

lets say your berserking procs, you get +400ap, you apply rend which means its deals more damage equal to the +400ap, then beserking runs out - > 400 ap less. If you then try to re-apply it without the berserking buff, it tells you that a more powerful spell is already active, since the currently active buff was casted with +400ap, meaning it deals more dmg/is more powerful.

im not entirly sure that this is the reason, but this is what makes sense to me.
    that is obv the idea, but is obv a bull**** the idea. Rend has to be applied WHENEVER u want. NOT when that the game decide for u when u can and when not. Is it a bug? Ofc it is!

7. that is obv the idea, but is obv a bull**** the idea. Rend has to be applied WHENEVER u want. NOT when that the game decide for u when u can and when not. Is it a bug? Ofc it is!
    Yes it's an obvious bug. It would only not be applied if rogue/feral brings stronger bleed and you get that message. Sometimes when I want to rebuff my priest with spirit/stamina, it says ''a more powerful... is already active'' even tho it was mine all along lol.

8. May 8, 2020  
    +++++ the same problem in the arena is very annoying. Please fix :)

9. May 11, 2020  
    Please fix it happen in arenas all the time !!!

10. May 11, 2020  

11. May 12, 2020  
    it is not a bug.
    Check Dev's answer here:
    https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/91842

the reason can be found on Rend tooltip:
    "... If used while your target is above 75% health, Rend does 35% more damage."

12. May 19, 2020  
    it is not a bug.
    Check Dev's answer here:
    https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/91842

the reason can be found on Rend tooltip:
    "... If used while your target is above 75% health, Rend does 35% more damage."
    Did they decide to change this mechanic after 10 years based on 2 videos that are not even from 3.3.5a patch?

Especially since the entire ''more powerful spell'' mechanic was changed many times during WOTLK.

It's concerning if that is the case.

13. May 19, 2020  
    Did they decide to change this mechanic after 10 years based on 2 videos that are not even from 3.3.5a patch?

Especially since the entire ''more powerful spell'' mechanic was changed many times during WOTLK.

It's concerning if that is the case.
    Second video is from "3.3.3a".
    Not that far away from 3.3.5

Feel free to open a report here: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker if you are able to find a proof that shows it was different on 3.3.5a

14. July 1, 2020  
    check your talents, you can skill rend so it does more dmg when applied on targets above 75% health so if the target drops below 75% life and you try to reapply it you'll get the error

15. Hi buddy,

unfortunately yes, I have a same problem and it´s super annoying. Getting triggered every ****ing arena match. I have already write a ticket, so will see what GM say

12 Last