1. You say that as though everyone will accept it as such, and that you're absolutely sure it won't have any long-lasting consequences. We don't know that. We *can't* know that. That's my point here. The realm is quite healthy population-wise, and for all we know, the few that are commenting here that they are unhappy about cross-realm may be the minority, and making such a change could make people leave in droves. Conversely, it could have the opposite effect and cause the realm to become even more popular, and then the "trial period" ends and people leave because the change(s) weren't permanent. Ever hear of the butterfly effect?

Such changes have to be carefully considered and carefully executed if decided upon. "Trial period" or no.
    Mercy, what do you think about making cross-realm optionable through website, like the other features? In this way each individual would be able to decide between having lordaeron-only pvp with longer queues, or cross-realm pvp with instant queues. Wouldn't that make everyone happy? Is there a downside of it?

2. Yes but healers are big problem on alliance side , while on horde side every bg has 2-3 good healer.
    Sounds like a l2p issue to me.

3. #RemoveCrossFREEEEEEDOMLORDAERON
    i might be wrong but i can't recall the poll for making it cross realm sorry,
    disable 2x2 bracket , keep 3x3 n soloq crossrealmed
    Edited: March 24, 2020

4. jozefyna, u dont even do bgs, you just camp duelers in wintergrasp :D, you cant compare bgs from a year or two ago now, sewers filled, daily wpvp action and whatnot, trial periods should not have any long lasting consequences if its emphasized as a "TRIAL" period and we can see where to go from there, and I personally cant say im representing pvp scene but talking with alot of people who actually do pvp on Lordaeron (yes, its a pve realm but why not still enjoy pvp on Lordaeron and not other scenes, no need to judge or tell ppl to go somewhere else), alot of horde players arent really satisfied with the crossrealm bgs wise, even so arenas( ye lordaeron is the weakest, bad players bla bla bla, even so), the least that can be done is a poll if people want this or not( as for "a player can vote multiple times for what he wants" isnt it possible to make criteria said player has to satisfy in order to vote(80 level, an actual number of bgs in the said account, an actual Lordaeron player and so on).
    and of course last but not least, Lordaeron horde will always clap in bgs.

5. rimfire not anymore i camp duelers 2 years ago :D
    And yes i only do bgs
    Edited: March 27, 2020

6. After Frostmourne was announced, I considered it wise to wait before continuing to advocate for this cause. After all, it might be that all of the people coming to Lordaeron did so in order to avoid larger queues and oversaturated population of Icecrown. As days have passed and the queue remains, I am renewed in my optimism that there might be a glimmer of hope for adjustments to crossrealm being made.

If you have an opinion regarding this manner, either supporting or opposing it, or better yet, if you have suggestions that you think would address the problems with Lordaeron PvP, please do contribute to this thread. It can make a difference.

7. May 18, 2020  
    Seriously though, is it that big of a problem, to create a poll as in:

Make a server announcement on Lordaeron that everyone who has, for example, a level ~40ish character (so Icecrown and Blackrock people don't interfere if they don't play here), should go to the Warmane website and under their account vote for the option to be pro/against Lordaeron leaving crossrealm BG's & Arena.

Both Icecrown and Blackrock have very healthy populations, and they wouldn't have any problems with queues, while Lordaeron's pvp scene could actually be reignited.

@Mercy "Or fear that it wouldn't work and kill the pvp scene on the realm in its entirety"

If you look at the previous forum topics regarding this, the PvP scene is already dead except WG (if it's not, the poll from above would certainly help in what people really want). Most people who posted pic's from BG's show 1-3 Lordaeron players with all the rest being ICC and BR.

Most of the naysayers against this are guys who donated for full sets with SM that can't even get to 1.6k in arena, and who literally write things like "Yes, I enjoy my fully donated Shadowmourne character one shotting under-geared Lordaeron players and I don't want crossrealm to disappear" or "Lordaeron is just for PVE who cares". A lot of people on Lordaeron who are there for blizzlike rates and rewarding PvE probably want to experience rewarding PvP, not to get roflstomped by a guy who bought all the gear without investing any time in it and who in normal circumstances couldn't get that gear in 3 lives.

But like I've said, instead of just looking at pro-against on the forums, make a poll for the Lordaeron players (real players who actually have a semi-leveled char) to vote on whether or not they want to be cross-realmed with people from ICC and BR.

Only thing crossrealm is doing right now is making people on Lord give up on PvP or just afk Bg's for quick honor.

8. May 18, 2020  
    I don’t have much issue with cross-realm in BG and I think more population make it faster but for arena I’m sure it ruins the experience. It’s definitely wrong and should be removed. The reason for it is crystal clear as many players have mentioned it before.
    Moderator said we fear it would kill the PVP scene. I say it’s already dead, go to Dalaran Underbelly and watch the evidence. Only guys you could see are players picking up mushrooms for cooking daily. Or watch the number of players Queuing for arena and compare it with Icecrown realm. Both have 12k players now.

Please revive this dead thing

9. May 18, 2020  
    The main reason for cross-realm was when this server population was really low. Right now, at some hours Lordaeron reach his player cap, yet almost no one is queueing BG/arena in Lordaeron because of cross-realm.

10. May 18, 2020  
    Actually because most of the new players are lvling :)
    And there is no guarantee that the pop will remain this high once this crisis passes. Now a lot of people are at home and bored and playing wow.

11. May 18, 2020  
    ye, but still almost no one on Lordaeron queue bg/arena because they know they either getting squashed or carried.

12. May 19, 2020  
    No one queues because people on Lordaeron are not that much into pvp. Has nothing to do with crossrealm. As a low gear player you have only those 2 options, get farmed or get carried. Lordaeron has plenty of high gs players if not BIS with shadowmourne. Is an old server. You'd have longer queues to get farmed or carried by Lordaeron BIS :d.

So get in those bgs, grind honor and get gear. No way around that. If you want to have "a fair chance" go Frostmourne which is more or less fresh. But on old servers this kind of imbalance is inevitable. New characters/players will have to grind their way to the top while getting smashed most of the time by the players already there in terms of gear.

People fail to see this it seems and they just are negative and not play at all. Guys, pvp is still better than no pvp as it used to be on Lordaeron. I suggest you just think everyone is Lordaeron-if the pve offpieces weren't that hard to get on Lordaeron it could be quite possible considering its age- and play and grind. Shadowmourne is not even such a big deal to get if you are persistent.

I just met a retri paladin I used to know 2 years ago, he wasn't very good at the game and I didn't think he'd do much considering he didn't seem very into the game-and pala gets boring fast imo-. He has a shadowmourne now, he was persistent and grinded the thing out.
    Edited: May 19, 2020

13. May 19, 2020  
    Mate, and why are you so against it? Just let us have our poll to vote on and then we'll decide if we want crossrealm or not. The imbalance isn't inevitable, and if you say people from Lord aren't into PvP that much, why does that bother you as an Icecrown player? Will you miss those 2 Lordaeron guys in the BG?

Also, the story about your pala friend is cute, but not everyone has the time to just play everyday for 2 years (and that's on ICC where content is much easier) to get Shadowmourne or BiS items and more people would be encouraged to join BG's and Arena knowing there's a whole lot less BiS geared people, and that they have a chance to win. This would increase the amount of casuals that actually join the queues and do PvP.

"PvP is still better than no PvP" What part of the PvP on Lord is dead don't you get? There is no PvP except a very, very small number who just join queues to afk or get farmed for some honor. No one wants to queue arena against 2 guys who just donated for their BiS gear. Like someone said, the gear difference is like taking a real knight with plate armor and a steel sword to fight a person with cardboard armor and a styrofoam sword. The cardboard guy can be skilled as much as he wants but if the other guy has average understanding of what he has to do he's going to stomp him.

Like I've said, just drop the poll so people can vote, and if Lord is really not interested in PvP at all like you say, you'll keep your cross realm and everyone is happy.

14. May 19, 2020  
    I'm a Lordaeron player for one....Not sure where you got I play Icecrown. Second, the vast majority of players don't even read forums...what you talk here and see here is a minority talking so that's why no polls are made. Lordaeron population is increasing, the staff have no reason to abandon a project they worked years on probably just because 5-50 people combat it on the forums.
    Third, if you don't have time to grind for pvp gear xD then I'm not sure what to tell you and what your goal is. You hope you'll fight 5k gs people in arenas to 2k?. Is an old server dude, people been playing around for 5 years. It's an MMO, if you don't put in the time to get gear you'll get smashed, that's how it works.
    Lordaeron has enough BIS players on its own and the story with my paladin friend is not about "playing insane number of hours hardcore gamer", quite the opposite. It shows that small, steady efforts give the best results if you're patient aka play pvp from time to time and grind honor to get gear like everyone does. And again, is on Lordaeron :D not Icecrown.
    Loedaeron ain't going fresh again, there is no way to avoid the BIS-low gear imbalance but to get your gear.

Is not that I'm agaist your poll, the poll won't happen because there is no reason for it and because it's too complicated to make it right and too many chances of screwing up a perfectly stable, healthy-to the point of overpopulation- server.
    Wanna pvp? Get the eot set for one, gem, ench and go at it. Bgs until you have enough gear to arena, that's how you play this game and eventually you'll get BIS and get your happiness lvls each day by smashing low gear players.

15. May 19, 2020  
    No one queues because people on Lordaeron are not that much into pvp.
    Partially true. People stopped queing when they started getting matched with Iceclown.
    Has nothing to do with crossrealm.
    False. It has everything to do with crossrealm.
    Lordaeron has plenty of high gs players if not BIS with shadowmourne. Is an old server. You'd have longer queues to get farmed or carried by Lordaeron BIS :d.
    The difference here is that Lordaeron's "high gs players" are high gs because they enjoy PvE and don't care about PvP.
    Iceclown's playerbase has way more "high gs players" because of how easy the raids are. You don't need to be a hardcore raider to get BiS gear on Iceclown.

So get in those bgs, grind honor and get gear. No way around that.
    You forgot donate for it.
    But on old servers this kind of imbalance is inevitable. New characters/players will have to grind their way to the top while getting smashed most of the time by the players already there in terms of gear.
    That's true, but the amount of time you get stomped is fairly different depending on realm you're on.

Guys, pvp is still better than no pvp as it used to be on Lordaeron.
    It was never dead on Lordaeron. It took few minutes to get a pop on Horde side during peak hours. LITERALLY few minutes. And that was when the population was not even the half of what it is now. And sure, you can argue it's because of corona but there will certainly be people who'll stay on the realm even after it all gets sorted out.

Mercenary mode would've solved Lordaeron's PvP "issue" if there ever was one. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that when Alliance moves to Horde side via merc mode it would cut queue times because of an even amount of players queuing on both sides. Crossrealm was completely unnecessary.

First 1234 Last