1. Merc Mode Traitors

So tonight I did a few bgs (Horde) and in three consecutive bgs, a merc mode alliance shaman popped bloodlust right as the gates opened, then either afk'd or left shortly into the bg. So we all have the 10 minute debuff and BL is now useless if another shaman wants to use it for us at a critical moment in the bg. Is this really what you want?? You guys think that's fair? If so, can I make an alli shaman and do the same thing? No.

Also, there are a lot of merc mode allies either afking or just not trying to accomplish anything at all. It's stupid as hell IMO to let those cheaters wreck our bgs. In addition, as a healer, it's reeeaaalllyyy hard for me to get enthusiastic about saving the life of a merc mode alli player who just spent the previous bg (as alli) focusing me, cc'ing me relentlessly, and then spitting on me repeatedly when he/she failed to kill me. These people remember players, and so do I. Mercenary mode is a wreck and should be abolished. Change my mind.
    Edited: March 18, 2020

2. Lacking bloodlust in one BG fight will not determine whether you win or lose a game. Focus on objectives instead of PvPing.
    If somebody is AFKingg you can report them using the in-game AFK reporting tool and if they avoid the kick you can report them via ticket. There were always AFKs and there were always people trolling in BGs. It's not caused by merc mode even though you try to portray it as such.
    If you don't want to heal somebody because they're an ******* it's your own choice and nobody expects you to do it, focus healing other people..

3. Lacking bloodlust in one BG fight will not determine whether you win or lose a game. Focus on objectives instead of PvPing.
    If somebody is AFKingg you can report them using the in-game AFK reporting tool and if they avoid the kick you can report them via ticket. There were always AFKs and there were always people trolling in BGs. It's not caused by merc mode even though you try to portray it as such.
    If you don't want to heal somebody because they're an ******* it's your own choice and nobody expects you to do it, focus healing other people..
    Typical alliance response. Don't give a damn about having any balance in the game. Why have factions at all if you're not going to balance them?? Why not just make everything a giant hodge-podge of players clashing instead? The game was designed with two factions. One has multiple advantages over the other, and MM just makes matters worse. It hasn't solved anything.

4. Lacking bloodlust in one BG fight will not determine whether you win or lose a game.
    Ye if we talk about premade vs premade, but with randoms first fight build morale, if they die at start they go afk as ghost.

5. Ye if we talk about premade vs premade, but with randoms first fight build morale, if they die at start they go afk as ghost.
    Also, if you wipe on that first clash, everyone loses their temporary buffs while the other team retains theirs. You know they are going to use heroism at the same time, and we are at a distinct disadvantage. In addition, the group will res and end up being split and spread out. Acting like it's nothing is BS. It affects the outcome of the bg. Simple as that. I'm sure the alliance players would ***** like hell if someone from Horde side did this to them routinely. It's bull****. We can't go over there and intentionally sabotage their bgs, but they can do it to ours. They already have the human racial as an advantage. Why give them even more advantages?

And speaking of morale: there are players on the other side that are just plain jackasses, and now we have to put up with them on our team. We are being asked to work with ppl that hate us. What kind of crap is that? We have no control over what BS players from alliance that we have a history with, we can't control what kind of sabotaging they do to the team, and we DON'T want them on our team. If I wanted to play with alliance players, I would've rolled an alliance character. This was a really poor fix for the racial imbalance that creates the one-sided population on the server. It would've been drastically better to address it in one of the other ways. Buff the trinket. Nerf the racial. I don't care, but DON'T make us play with ppl we can't stand. It's anathema to the entire game.

6. Typical alliance response. Don't give a damn about having any balance in the game. Why have factions at all if you're not going to balance them?? Why not just make everything a giant hodge-podge of players clashing instead? The game was designed with two factions. One has multiple advantages over the other, and MM just makes matters worse. It hasn't solved anything.
    I'm Horde lmao and as I said before, it's 1 in a 100 cases where people do that.

Ye if we talk about premade vs premade, but with randoms first fight build morale, if they die at start they go afk as ghost.
    I've yet to see people go AFK after literally the first fight.
    Edited: March 18, 2020

7. I'm Horde lmao and as I said before, it's 1 in a 100 cases where people do that.
    Three bgs in a row last night. Same guy in all three. That's hardly 1% of the bgs I did last night. In fact, it was 30%. Yes I reported him. Yes, I have a ticket on him. Will anything be done? I have no idea because they never tell you. It's just like scripters. You can record them and the use screenshots of the logs to ticket them, but I have no idea if they get banned as a result. And even if they do, you can make a new Blackrock toon in 2 minutes and just go right back to doing the same thing. I'm trying to enjoy the game, like everyone else. But this stuff makes it far less enjoyable. Some of these issues really need to be addressed.

8. Lacking bloodlust in one BG fight will not determine whether you win or lose a game. Focus on objectives instead of PvPing.
    You never stated whether you were alli or horde, so I don't know why you say you've already stated it, but pardon me if I am skeptical. Also, your point about not healing the offenders: what does that course of action do to help us win? NOTHING. If we want to win, we have to work together. Certainly you understand that. We are being forced to work with these ppl, and many times the bad history our team has with certain alli players creates a very negative situation. Sometimes I will see players on my team that are so offensive I simply refuse to do the bg with them. Now I am forced to choose between losing because we are completely un-unified, and leaving the bg and getting the deserter debuff. Neither of these is a good choice. It's like a presidential election out there. It's a lose/lose situation for us.

9. I remember when there was no cross-realm, no mercenary mode... everyone was happy, there were still factions, Warmane was at his best. Now why playing undead, if I can play human and having the human racial in bg while being undead?

We are all thankful to the Staff who put a lot of work into these features, but they don't work and the community is unhappy... please consider removing them. To err is human, but to persist is diabolical.

10. Cross realm helped keep pvp alive when Lord wasn't as populated. You can always turn off Mercenary Mode in My Account> Settings.

11. Cross realm helped keep pvp alive when Lord wasn't as populated. You can always turn off Mercenary Mode in My Account> Settings.
    But I cannot stop them from sabotaging our bgs. That was the whole point. It shouldn't exist.

12. it's good troll :D, especially in AV before mid fight

13. I wish people would complain more about toc25 5.8gs requirement + achivement and such stuff.

14. So tonight I did a few bgs (Horde) and in three consecutive bgs, a merc mode alliance shaman popped bloodlust right as the gates opened, then either afk'd or left shortly into the bg. So we all have the 10 minute debuff and BL is now useless if another shaman wants to use it for us at a critical moment in the bg. Is this really what you want?? You guys think that's fair? If so, can I make an alli shaman and do the same thing? No.

Also, there are a lot of merc mode allies either afking or just not trying to accomplish anything at all. It's stupid as hell IMO to let those cheaters wreck our bgs. In addition, as a healer, it's reeeaaalllyyy hard for me to get enthusiastic about saving the life of a merc mode alli player who just spent the previous bg (as alli) focusing me, cc'ing me relentlessly, and then spitting on me repeatedly when he/she failed to kill me. These people remember players, and so do I. Mercenary mode is a wreck and should be abolished. Change my mind.
    Similar complaints and concerns were made before but it didn't really stop them from implementing it. Now damage is already done, some people quit and more pvp guilds went ally.