1. Why i keep getting DC in game

I keep getting log out in game on all chars randomly all the time after server went off yesterday ..... So annoying

2. There are a lot of players playing Icecrown these days due to the crisis situation. As many know, contributors skip the queue cap and in certain times we have more players than what the realm is supposed to hold. We are already working on measures to make the realms more stable.
    There are too many players online atm(reason:Corona virus) and the server cant handle us,so its giving DCs in order to remove the players that are afk and lower the population.

3. There are too many players online atm(reason:Corona virus) and the server cant handle us,so its giving DCs in order to remove the players that are afk and lower the population.
    Yo im getting DC when im NOT afk , im moving , chatting , buying items , flying and getting DC on multiple primiun accounts

4. same here they changed something with that randoms dc and didnt inform anyone about it, tvm GMs. pay to play or what? imagine so many dcs while not having premium acc

5. same here they changed something with that randoms dc and didnt inform anyone about it, tvm GMs. pay to play or what? imagine so many dcs while not having premium acc
    imagine not having "premium"

6. Guys I am experiencing dc's on premium account after rdf hc group is filled my account is logging off automatically and I need to join again que for RDF. it happens a lot and it's becoming frustrating , is a local problem or is there others experiencing same issues ?
    Edited: March 22, 2020

7. The realm is basically being DDoS'd by the amount of players that are playing. In order to maintain a playable state of the game, the realm disconnects players that remain AFK in certain locations for long times and it also disconnects people that are doing nothing or barely anything in popular locations.

For example, if you are spending too much time in Dalaran simply idling, or just going around doing minor quests in Dalaran for more than an hour or two, it'll disconnect you to make room for players that actually want to play. It does not discriminate between contributors and other players. These measures are mostly targeted at players who are idling in Dalaran, so most locations do not have the same measures lined up.

We are making countlesss measures to combat this and to continue making the realm a playable place. You have probably noticed it, but the average server latency has increased, this is a direct result of increased numbers of players. One of the measures, we are already doing is making two Dalarans that work with each other seamlessly so players will not notice it, but in fact we will be running two Dalarans, one instanced and one in the real world. Other measures are temporarily lowering visibility distance but even so the average player has hundreds of players in their immediate view distance.

To make the realm more playable, you can do a simple thing yourselves, avoid popular places and spread around more, enjoy what the game has to offer instead of idling in one place. This will directly impact the playability of the realm. After all, these are unusual times, both in real life and in-game, but we will adapt, as we have always adapted. We are monitoring the situation on all realms around the clock 24/7 and more measures to ensure stability can be expected.

8. Many thanks for the comprehensive and fast reply.

Kind regards,

9. The realm is basically being DDoS'd by the amount of players that are playing. In order to maintain a playable state of the game, the realm disconnects players that remain AFK in certain locations for long times and it also disconnects people that are doing nothing or barely anything in popular locations.

For example, if you are spending too much time in Dalaran simply idling, or just going around doing minor quests in Dalaran for more than an hour or two, it'll disconnect you to make room for players that actually want to play. It does not discriminate between contributors and other players. These measures are mostly targeted at players who are idling in Dalaran, so most locations do not have the same measures lined up.

We are making countlesss measures to combat this and to continue making the realm a playable place. You have probably noticed it, but the average server latency has increased, this is a direct result of increased numbers of players. One of the measures, we are already doing is making two Dalarans that work with each other seamlessly so players will not notice it, but in fact we will be running two Dalarans, one instanced and one in the real world. Other measures are temporarily lowering visibility distance but even so the average player has hundreds of players in their immediate view distance.

To make the realm more playable, you can do a simple thing yourselves, avoid popular places and spread around more, enjoy what the game has to offer instead of idling in one place. This will directly impact the playability of the realm. After all, these are unusual times, both in real life and in-game, but we will adapt, as we have always adapted. We are monitoring the situation on all realms around the clock 24/7 and more measures to ensure stability can be expected.
    - if this layering-sort magic works, could you guys try and implement it for Stranglethorn Vale and Tanaris? Putting the players level 50-ish and above for STV, and 60-ish and above for Tanaris on their own STV and on their own Tanaris, so the endless low level gank can stop existing in the exagerated ammount as they happen on this 2 maps
    - This would be a solution to preserve the world pvp between both high level vs. high level , and between low level vs. low level , And then the server as a whole can end up more friendly to newcommers leveling up their first character

10. - if this layering-sort magic works, could you guys try and implement it for Stranglethorn Vale and Tanaris? Putting the players level 50-ish and above for STV, and 60-ish and above for Tanaris on their own STV and on their own Tanaris, so the endless low level gank can stop existing in the exagerated ammount as they happen on this 2 maps
    - This would be a solution to preserve the world pvp between both high level vs. high level , and between low level vs. low level , And then the server as a whole can end up more friendly to newcommers leveling up their first character
    Even if they can do that people will just find new zones for continous ganking. Tarren Mill, Un'goro, Thousand Needles, Ashenvale come to mind from Horde lowbie perspective.

11. The realm is basically being DDoS'd by the amount of players that are playing. In order to maintain a playable state of the game, the realm disconnects players that remain AFK in certain locations for long times and it also disconnects people that are doing nothing or barely anything in popular locations.

Why not post this under news section on the website so people know what's going on?

12. - if this layering-sort magic works, could you guys try and implement it for Stranglethorn Vale and Tanaris? Putting the players level 50-ish and above for STV, and 60-ish and above for Tanaris on their own STV and on their own Tanaris, so the endless low level gank can stop existing in the exagerated ammount as they happen on this 2 maps
    This is a stupid idea. This is a PvP server, whoever doesn't like that is free to go find another server.

I understand doing that for Dalaran in this exceptional time. However if the layer thing get started on all zones and the world become a snowflake safezone retail-like I would totally stop playing here.

13. Yo im getting DC when im NOT afk , im moving , chatting , buying items , flying and getting DC on multiple primiun accounts
    idk if you read the post he was quoting but it says that due to too many premium players playing the game the server is above maximum capacity and thus people are getting disconnected (yes premium accounts get DC'd from this too)

14. I can understand the DCs for ppl doing nothing...but i got DCed 3 times in 1 hour and i was doing quests with my lvl 20.
    If i was afk im ok with getting DCed but this is pointless to even play atm

Plus i cant even log in the server list most of the time after DC...
    I can understand the population is rising with the global pandemic but come on....
    Edited: March 24, 2020

15. so you are telling us for the last 4 hours of queue from 100 people, it went down to 46... so nobody of 12 000 players is not afk? Or like nobody is leaving the servers, nobody is playing other games? Actually i was waiting from 17-00 until now and still not ingame and it was like 160 people... no reason why it will be lower with population after corona ends

12 Last