1. [LF-Guide] 79 Twink Feral Druid Twink.

Hi there,
    As ferals are mad fun, figured I'd go one for 79 twink. Am sure that being tree makes u practically immortal, but its boring :)

Google search doesn't seem to help me much. If anyone got BIS list / spec /talents / tips & tricks for 79 feral twinking, I'd appreciate it.
    (Lordaeron A)

Here is what I am thinking so far:
    Head: ???
    Shoulders: ???
    Chest: Dark Arctic Chestpiece (lvl77 LW)
    Wrists: ???
    Hands: Seafoam Gauntlets (lvl78 LW)
    Belt: Eviscerator's Wasitguard (lvl78 LW)
    Legs: Eviscerator's Legguards (lvl78 LW)
    Boots: Eviscerator's Treads (lvl78 LW)
    Neck: Necklace of the Chrono-Lord (lvl78 Agility from CoS n)
    Ring1: Palladium Ring (lvl 77 BoE)
    Ring2: Savage Titanium Ring (lvl78 JC +socket)
    Trinket1:
    Trinket2:
    Weapon:
    Idol: Idol of Terror - Level 70 Epic - 65 Agility on Mangle

^Fill in the blanks

Thanks

2. I found i have good enough build as a feral, balancing dmg and resilience, wich you need to survive in melee. You can go full swp gear if you want but that makes u squishy. I killed dks in 1v1 like this and honestly i wouldnt change much, maybe just get more hit and idol of terror. If you want check me out on armory
    Meowschwitz

3. I found i have good enough build as a feral, balancing dmg and resilience, wich you need to survive in melee. You can go full swp gear if you want but that makes u squishy. I killed dks in 1v1 like this and honestly i wouldnt change much, maybe just get more hit and idol of terror. If you want check me out on armory
    Meowschwitz
    It's not lack of resilience what makes you squishy with SWP gear, it's the lack of stamina. Resilience at 79 is literally useless. Just find a perfect balance between damage and between 19-24k hp and you're "good".

4. It's not lack of resilience what makes you squishy with SWP gear, it's the lack of stamina. Resilience at 79 is literally useless. Just find a perfect balance between damage and between 19-24k hp and you're "good".
    Resilience being a linear stat is "useless" on 79. Gotta love the logic <3

5. Resilience being a linear stat is "useless" on 79. Gotta love the logic <3
    According to the character Damnfish linked, having 362 resilience equals to 9% damage reduction. Although it doesn't suffer from DR the total damage reduction, there's a cap for criticals which is at 33%, you will never, and I repeat never, get resil soft capped (crit component) at 79. Even if you were to stack resilience infinitely I highly doubt that you would be able to get past 700, which using the numbers provided could be 18% damage reduction at best.

Now, let's say a shaman uses lava burst on Meowschwitz and crits for 5.000; Does getting hit by 4800 make a difference?

Resilience is useless at 79.

6. I've got a question for you. Do you even math? Under what circumstances does 9% from 5000 gives you 4800? 9% * 5000 = 450 So the damage would be 4550, not 4800.

But let's have a more precise calculation. I've got 374 resilience on one of my 79 toons. This amount gives me:
    4,27% less chance to be critically hit,
    9,39% reduced critical damage and mana drain effects,
    8,54% ADDITIONAL damage reduction from players and their pets

So having your example of 5000 dmg lava burst crit we got: 2500 (crit portion of lava burst, ele sham got 200% crit dmg, right?) * 90,61% = 2265,25
    2500 + 2265,25 = 4765,25
    Now we additionally reduce that amount by 8,54%, so: 4765,25 * 91,46% = 4358,3
    Does that make a difference to you? Because to me yes, it does. It's around a 13% dmg reduction, more than warriors' defensive stance for example. Not to mention additional crit chance reduction, which vs shams lava burst will be useless, but still really good vs any other class which crit chance oscillates around 20-30%.

I also don't understand your logic with going to soft cap as a twink. Yes, you won't be able to reach cap as a twink. But what difference does it make? Getting cap doesn't magically makes you stronger. It's like a wall which stops you from stacking more of it. 20 more resilience gives you exactly the same value when you go from 200 to 220 an when you go from 1300 to 1320. I would even say that considering numbers only, resilience gives you more on 79 than it gives you on 80, because it decreases with level, like any other stat (crit rating, hit rating etc). But ofc it's just numbers, on 80 resilience is more valuable due to larger hp pools.

Let me also resolve your doubts about getting past 700 on 79. Without any item from coin shop you are able to exceed 800 resilience. With them, you can get over 1k (and I'm not exaggerating, I was making some healer build this exact morning and that's what I've created).

I'm not saying that resilience is better than stamina and period. Let's have an extreme situation. You have 1k hp, someone crits you for 2k. With 1k resilience he would hit you for 1170. Still an overkill, right? But with stamina, assuming that 2 resilience is worth 3 stamina (gem-wise) you would have 1,5k hp more. So after his crit you would be left with 500 hp. Not to mention that stamina is often increased (%) from talents. But the more hp-pool we consider, the more resilience becomes useful.

It's also worth to notice that healing abilities (not percentage of your total hp based) are more effective with resilience. A heal that heals you for 2k is more worth with resilience due to your damage reductions. It's harder for your opponents to again take that 2k hp from you when you got resilience. So for flag carrying with a healer on your back resilience is more preferable.

Anyway, I don't have a druid to test it myself and give an exact answer which would be better, resilience or stamina. Perhaps it's stamina, due to highly increased stamina in bear form. But on the other side, druid got a lot of non-percentage based heals, which would be more effective with resilience. Guess it depends on your playstyle. But still, saying that resilience is useless at lvl 79? That's just ignorance or lack of knowledge.

So I would lightly modify your statement: it's all about finding balance between damage, stamina AND resilience.

Resilience is useful at 79.
    Edited: March 20, 2020

7. I'm not a maths nerd like Heliox, but can I just ask, if resilience makes no difference, why is it that it's really easy to tell which players are fully pve-geared by how fast they die?

I do not need to look them up on armory to check. It's always obvious.

8. I've got a question for you. Do you even math? Under what circumstances does 9% from 5000 gives you 4800? 9% * 5000 = 450 So the damage would be 4550, not 4800.

But let's have a more precise calculation. I've got 374 resilience on one of my 79 toons. This amount gives me:
    4,27% less chance to be critically hit,
    9,39% reduced critical damage and mana drain effects,
    8,54% ADDITIONAL damage reduction from players and their pets

So having your example of 5000 dmg lava burst crit we got: 2500 (crit portion of lava burst, ele sham got 200% crit dmg, right?) * 90,61% = 2265,25
    2500 + 2265,25 = 4765,25
    Now we additionally reduce that amount by 8,54%, so: 4765,25 * 91,46% = 4358,3
    Does that make a difference to you? Because to me yes, it does. It's around a 13% dmg reduction, more than warriors' defensive stance for example. Not to mention additional crit chance reduction, which vs shams lava burst will be useless, but still really good vs any other class which crit chance oscillates around 20-30%.

I also don't understand your logic with going to soft cap as a twink. Yes, you won't be able to reach cap as a twink. But what difference does it make? Getting cap doesn't magically makes you stronger. It's like a wall which stops you from stacking more of it. 20 more resilience gives you exactly the same value when you go from 200 to 220 an when you go from 1300 to 1320. I would even say that considering numbers only, resilience gives you more on 79 than it gives you on 80, because it decreases with level, like any other stat (crit rating, hit rating etc). But ofc it's just numbers, on 80 resilience is more valuable due to larger hp pools.

Let me also resolve your doubts about getting past 700 on 79. Without any item from coin shop you are able to exceed 800 resilience. With them, you can get over 1k (and I'm not exaggerating, I was making some healer build this exact morning and that's what I've created).

I'm not saying that resilience is better than stamina and period. Let's have an extreme situation. You have 1k hp, someone crits you for 2k. With 1k resilience he would hit you for 1170. Still an overkill, right? But with stamina, assuming that 2 resilience is worth 3 stamina (gem-wise) you would have 1,5k hp more. So after his crit you would be left with 500 hp. Not to mention that stamina is often increased (%) from talents. But the more hp-pool we consider, the more resilience becomes useful.

It's also worth to notice that healing abilities (not percentage of your total hp based) are more effective with resilience. A heal that heals you for 2k is more worth with resilience due to your damage reductions. It's harder for your opponents to again take that 2k hp from you when you got resilience. So for flag carrying with a healer on your back resilience is more preferable.

Anyway, I don't have a druid to test it myself and give an exact answer which would be better, resilience or stamina. Perhaps it's stamina, due to highly increased stamina in bear form. But on the other side, druid got a lot of non-percentage based heals, which would be more effective with resilience. Guess it depends on your playstyle. But still, saying that resilience is useless at lvl 79? That's just ignorance or lack of knowledge.

So I would lightly modify your statement: it's all about finding balance between damage, stamina AND resilience.

Resilience is useful at 79.
    Lol I have seen enough hordes warrs and dk's with above 25k hp and tanky specs to know that resilience is useless at level 79, but if you want to think that is useful go ahead, the more people is deluded thinking this the more kills we'll get, fine by me.

9. Lol I have seen enough hordes warrs and dk's with above 25k hp and tanky specs to know that resilience is useless at level 79, but if you want to think that is useful go ahead, the more people is deluded thinking this the more kills we'll get, fine by me.
    Your feeling vs my math and caluculations. Yeah, I'll stick with my understanding of the matter.

10. Your feeling vs my math and caluculations. Yeah, I'll stick with my understanding of the matter.
    >My fragile ego has been hurt now that somebody has pointed at that 9% damage reduction doesn't make a difference in any situation, but I will stay deluded and pull a strawman saying that you are using your feelings despite stating clearly that your source is empirical.

Your understanding of the matter is completely subjective to your flawed idea of how resilience works. I'll stick to my empirical research that being that a warrior tank with 0 resilience and 30k hp will have 100 times more survavility than any other class with 18k hp and 700 resilience.

11. My flawed idea of how resilience works, huh? Well, okay, if you say so. I hope yours is flaweless :)
    My ego has nothig to do with it. I just explained in a very detailed way how the resilience works and why is it useful. You on the other hand write only empty words and completely subjective feeling, how hard is it to kill a tank with stamina vs tank with resilience. And no, you didn't point that 9% dmg reduction doesn't make a difference, because you did a mistake even in that simple calculation.

You can stick to your "understanding". I won't gain anything if I convince you, so let's just stop here. I don't see a point in further discussion. If someone will read that topic is up to him which information he will find more credible.

12. My flawed idea of how resilience works, huh? Well, okay, if you say so. I hope yours is flaweless :)
    My ego has nothig to do with it. I just explained in a very detailed way how the resilience works and why is it useful. You on the other hand write only empty words and completely subjective feeling, how hard is it to kill a tank with stamina vs tank with resilience. And no, you didn't point that 9% dmg reduction doesn't make a difference, because you did a mistake even in that simple calculation.

You can stick to your "understanding". I won't gain anything if I convince you, so let's just stop here. I don't see a point in further discussion. If someone will read that topic is up to him which information he will find more credible.
    You said resilience is linear, vague concept. It scales with level, and there's a cap for critical which is 33% crit damage reduction, a cap that again is impossible to attain at level 79 since you would need close to 1300 resilience to cap it. I didn't make any mistake no, 9% is literally nothing, you can still and you will keep melting anyone with over 500 resilience if you have enough crit. A good example are how much damage hunters and rogues have, it is due to the double crit they got from both agility and the crit rating provided by gear, combined of course with healing reductions. But again if it was only healing reductions awarrs would also be quite representative at 79, and they're not. Almost all warrs roll prot because of what I said. The passive damage reductions from talents and stacking stamina provide a better damage mitigation than any unrealistic amount of impractical resilience you want to use. So yeah sure, there has never been any point into discussing anything with twinks. Think whatever you want, meanwhile I don't have any trouble melting healers with 800 resilience and 2k heals at best, and I'm 70 so imagine how useful resilience is. On the other hand nobody has ever crited me for more than 3k, if they ever crit me of course.

13. Guys, he only asked whats the best build couse he wants to play, lets not scare away new ppl. If you are on lord feel free to wshiper me mate. i dont have much problem dealing with many classes as my feral. in many vs one you are going to die a lot. even if u pop bear and all deff cools( and you need to pop them all)...
    Might wanna replace glyph of rip with barksking to survive more, or with glyph of berserk for more pressure. U will rarely do full duration rip on ppl, and when you bleed someone your ferocious does a lot of dmg, souse it when anyone is at 30% hp. U can go full swp items (i would stack agi) and make dmg build, but for me personally resi matters, even if its not a HUGE difference, it will help you survive more

14. Carried are looking for talented druids at the moment on Icecrown, we will offer help with gearing, builds etc. We have a lot of experience in the bracket and consider our 79s are our mains.

https://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=337159

If you have trouble reading any of this please log off your Orc Death Knights and get an adult to help you.

Thanks,

Crymore. xoxoxox
    Edited: March 22, 2020