1. Rogue damage

Hello,

I'm working on a rogue for first time and i don't understand how it works. i have 8 bis items, near 5.9k gs and it seems i can't deal good damage.
    first of all i know i'm not good as it's the first time i play as rogue, but i check the logs and it seems so low to me, even i can't hit a cloth with a good dps..
    i see auto attacks of 200dmg, + ambush of 3k, and it seems super low to me being near 6k.
    I can cheap shop a priest, do 2-3 ambush, send him a kidney shop and then backsab him and the first 1-2 ambush will break the protection bubble, in total i'm not going to deal even a 40% damage, not even speaking vs a pala or warrior...

here are some stats and logs.
    As i said i'm not good using a rogue, but to me having some hours playing as a warrior it seems that my damage is sooooo low.

2. Are your abilities trained to max level? How much ArP are you at?
    Also, your opponents might be BiS geared and sitting at near resilience cap, which is common for priests whether they are disc or shadow. That may be why they are taking lesser damage.

You should upgrade your many 12 ArP gems to 20 ArP ones.
    Your bracer enchant should be the 50AP one (Greater Assault). Can consider picking up normal or hc Toskk's from ICC.
    Your legs enchant should be Icescale Leg Armor. The current one (+8 armor?) doesn't help at all.
    Pick up a belt buckle and swap out the expertise gem for more ArP.
    Your boots enchant can be upgraded from 24AP to 32AP (Greater Assault) if you're not keen on using Tuskarr's for the movement speed increase.

Despite the many changes to make, your damage should be fine on targets around your gear level, especially when both trinkets proc. Try making more use out of shadow dance (Ambush ->Evis->Ambush->Evis, rather than just Ambush spam). Hope this helps.
    Edited: March 19, 2020

3. Are your abilities trained to max level? How much ArP are you at?
    Also, your opponents might be BiS geared and sitting at near resilience cap, which is common for priests whether they are disc or shadow. That may be why they are taking lesser damage.

You should upgrade your many 12 ArP gems to 20 ArP ones.
    Your bracer enchant should be the 50AP one (Greater Assault). Can consider picking up normal or hc Toskk's from ICC.
    Your legs enchant should be Icescale Leg Armor. The current one (+8 armor?) doesn't help at all.
    Pick up a belt buckle and swap out the expertise gem for more ArP.
    Your boots enchant can be upgraded from 24AP to 32AP (Greater Assault) if you're not keen on using Tuskarr's for the movement speed increase.

Despite the many changes to make, your damage should be fine on targets around your gear level, especially when both trinkets proc. Try making more use out of shadow dance (Ambush ->Evis->Ambush->Evis, rather than just Ambush spam). Hope this helps.
    thank you for the reply.
    I have 8xx ARP, and yes, i think my skills are full trained, the ogri trainer is empty so i understand they are.
    Actuually i got them low gemmed and enchanted because its the furious set and i dont want to spend money on it.
    Got the tosks and all the head-shoulders-arms-pants gear in my list to upgrade.
    once decently geared(with relentless i'm ok, i don't think i will have WF set actually) i'm planing in adding +20 APR in all gems slots except the ones for the meta.
    Edited: March 19, 2020

4. My 6k gs rogue can kill any full bis pve character, regardless of what class he plays. Only hard ones are with full resillence wratful,etc. But even furious i can kill.

5. thank you for the reply.
    I have 8xx ARP, and yes, i think my skills are full trained, the ogri trainer is empty so i understand they are.
    Actuually i got them low gemmed and enchanted because its the furious set and i dont want to spend money on it.
    Got the tosks and all the head-shoulders-arms-pants gear in my list to upgrade.
    once decently geared(with relentless i'm ok, i don't think i will have WF set actually) i'm planing in adding +20 APR in all gems slots except the ones for the meta.
    If you have a decent PVE set you can try wearing those and running double dps to cheese some wins all the way to 1400, 1500 and 1600 to buy wrathful gloves, pants and chest. Playing with a BiS ret paladin, feral druid or another rogue is ideal, although any double dps will have to do since it's just the gearing up stage. I'm on Icecrown as well, I don't mind helping out.

Speccing Master of Subtlety helps you to be more bursty as well. Consider dropping glyph of vigor for preparation for kick reset kick on healers or double disarms on hunters and other melee for more pressure.

6. What is your skill level with daggers? Is it 400?

7. Bro you are not alone. I am playing Rogue as well and i have same problem. My dmg is too low. LVL 42 actually and sometimes i damage for "30". Damage in stealth is working fine but without stealth it is so bad. I dont know what to do. I tried to change my talents many times but seem like it is a bug on this char

8. Bro you are not alone. I am playing Rogue as well and i have same problem. My dmg is too low. LVL 42 actually and sometimes i damage for "30". Damage in stealth is working fine but without stealth it is so bad. I dont know what to do. I tried to change my talents many times but seem like it is a bug on this char
    Whats your nick ingame?

9. Idk guys maybe you just have bad gems and not good items? My friend played beast mastery hunter but he had all gems for 30+ stamina or agility. He did 0 damage to me as a tank. Once I told him to change to Arp, he gained massive damage.