1. Back From Back In The Day

I played Retail back in the day from Open Beta through the first week of Burning Crusade. By then I was feeling burnt out so I quit. Years later I started to play again for WotLK which I really enjoyed. I don't know why I stopped playing before the next expansion, but I stopped playing for years.

I discovered private servers back when Feenix was up and running. I played on a few Vanilla servers and a Burning Crusade realm whose name I have forgotten. I stopped playing altogether because it was taking up too much of my time.

This year I got back into private servers - I just can't stay away. I opted for WotLK because it was always my favorite expansion. I played on a small server and got a little ways into ICC... but it's been so long that I don't know the strategies and scenarios anymore. It was frustrating not being able to contribute to the raid when my guilkdies were expecting me to know them as well as they did,

My goal on Icecrown is to level an Alliance Boomkin and find a guild that will help me learn the fights in ICC so I can be a benefit to my guild. I'm fairly well acquainted with the Heroic dungeons; it's just the raids where I'm rusty. I'm hoping the larger community on Warmane will allow me to find a new home and get back into raiding once I'm 80 and geared. Any advice would be appreciated. Here's hoping Icecrown turns out to be a fun experience for me.,

P.S. Apparently I created an account here in 2016. My character on Icecrown is Valendrood. I can't seem to find a way to change my forum name.

NOTE: I found out how to change my forum name so hopefully it will be changed to Valendrood.
    Edited: March 22, 2020 Reason: learned process for changing forum name

2. welcome man. If you ever roll horde on Icecrown Ravagerose or Ravagez will be me. feel free to add me. I just returned myself after years away. the people seem much more open an friendlier than when i left. so Im sure you'll find a good group of people! enjoy your time here!

3. Welcome! I kinda had the same experience as you. Played a bit of Wrath but then kinda got out of the game cause of Cata. Came here to relive the first days when I was introduced to WoW.

P.S. If you want to get a forum name change, contact one of the Forum Admins. They are very nice and always happy to help you execute that name change. :)