1. Why wouldn't people that play on this realm play on a new one? They already have low standards when it comes to MMO experience, they'll play anything, even on dead realms with no way to progress in PvE and no way to PvP (on a PvP realm no less).

They tried to stop the bleeding by upping the rates, making AH cross-faction and so on. It came too late and it failed to either bring in new players or stop the existing players from quitting. What better conditions could you ask for to check if the server will recover or not than a global pandemic? We see the effects that the pandemic had on a 1x, fully progressed WotLK realm - it more than doubled their existing population.

I don't know if a restart will bring in new players - they'll have to identify other causes, admittedly some of which can't be fixed (classic/promise of official TBC servers in the future). Other causes can be fixed - for example this server's reputation of being P2W. And it'll have to be advertised and marketed in the right way.

I mean, they don't have to do anything, they can just let it die and decommission it down the line just like they did with Neltharion. I can't imagine this server being at all profitable or worth their time.

Gold got more worthless as each expansion was released - we saw inflation rates increase, items were reduced to being cosmetic and a bunch of numbers on a screen that meant nothing meaningful in-game increased, big whoop. TBC doesn't even have achievements, so that's an irrelevant point anyway.

I don't know about you, but I never played this game for ephemeral virtual items, but the people and experiences I had along the way. For the umpteenth time, this game was designed as a MASSIVELY multiplayer online game, not merely a multiplayer game. Yeah, it sucks that I'll lose the items I played for months to get, but at least I'll have someone to play with and meet new people.

2. Server wipe is just bull****. I cant imagine even one of the 30 or 40 players I PERSONALY BROUGHT TO THIS SERVER IN LAST 4 MONTHS OR SO sticking around after a wipe. Its is ****ing nightmare to get decent gear with no population, at least we started a guild and helping each other with gear how best we can. Even after 4 months of playing we are not able to go 25m raids due to the lack of gear necessary to beat this overtuned bosses. I mean rly? 400k hp on moroes, when in retail he should have got like 120k? It is beatable, but it holds proggresion af. Not to mention gearing up tanks here. I bet other ppl still playing here have it same. Wipe would be only the last nail in the coffin for ppl who are giving a lot of thier time actually try on this server. And after 4 months of doing the warmanes work of advertising outland withing my friends and bringing new players here as a reward i should get my characters wiped? That would only mean i would never ever played here again. For the ppl that wants "fresh" but bugged af contetnt there is Endless, im sure you heared.

First 12