1. Gearing for PvP in Icecrown

I am soon going to hit lvl 80 and want to start gearing for PvP (BGs, World PvP, Duels, later and Arenas). I play Retribution Paladin and have blacksmithing and mining for professions. Please give me some advice for that :)

*I have to mention that I don't have much experience in PvP overall*

2. Get some gear from fos pos to start. Enjoy to being ****ed up hard when You leave the lower bracket for bgs :)

Farm honor and voa, buy wrath/rękę/furious and start playing arena.

3. Once you've maxed out your blacksmithing, made your sockets and gotten enough mats, consider dropping mining for jewelcrafting or engineering for PVP.
    You can get experience by duelling others around your gear level - practice practice practice.

Gearwise, start working on your wrathful bracers, necklace, cloak and ring for a start. You may replace them later with better PVE pieces, but it helps you get started by being less squishy.

4. Even tho i know that you need to BG for honor for the gear, if i were you i would not enter bgs as fresh 80, you will be useless for your team and you will be flamed pretty much by everyone for doing so. Try doing some PVE, get some emblems, buy pvp gear then start joining bgs.

5. Thank you all for the replies!

I was thinking about professions and I think as soon as I get artisan flying and mount I'll swtich mining for engineering cuz It seems to be fun and helpful for PvP.

I started doing both pve FoS PoS and some random bgs .Now I have some good epics and around 50k honor. I think I'll start with this furious set so I get the resilience bonus and then the wrathful off-set.

In bgs I'm getting owned a lot maybe because of the gear maybe because of the skills (I've read and watched videos abouts my class so I know what to do but It's all about orientation, fast thinking and reflections after that, and I suck at this so maybe just more practice/playing is needed). I will starting doing duels with people around my gs and hope this really helps me.

I'll appreciate any other tips and suggestions :)

6. If you want the quickest way:

Do 10 looses in arena with some random just to start getting weekly points(is a must)
    Spam dungeons until you can join ICC and start farming weekly icc for some juicy offsets and weapons
    Spam BGs to get offsets and a starting set. Even if you get owned just stay afk whatever just do them until it hurts ^^