1. New Player starting

I'm coming from outland server that is empty now, i created a character and started leveling on Icecrown, and i have got really important question for veterans and players who are playing here for longer time.

Gold is problem and scarce on this kind of boost, not a problem, i know ins and outs and what to do, i will manage, perfectly fine.
    But people and guilds? what is happening there?

On chat people constantly searching for ICC and TOC groups, DEMANDING achievement link for 25man Heroic version of it, while recruiting for 25 normal oO How on earth is that normal? How will i EVER find raid group ?
    Guild recruitment, all i've seen whole day is people asking for 6k+ gs, couple of guilds only 5.5k+, that may be more normal, but if i cannot find a guild how do i progress.
    These things kinda put player into stalemate, no way in or out.
    All in all, really ultra mega giga hardcore behavior, and my main question is, is there a point to new player starting on this server on a NEW character? or do i NEED to buy character from trade to succeed here?

Thank you in advance

2. You will have 0 problems if:
    You understand your spec, you looked in al the guides and know what to do, what gear to get, etc. You are geared/gemmed/enchanted properly(I dont mean 6.5k gs, I mean appropriate gear for your spec, even if you are 2k gs)
    You understand boss spells, how your spells interract with them and understand why your guild use tactics that they use.
    You find a guild with similar interests and position as you are, with raid time that fits you and you can attend at least 1 raid each week, with decent connection(no lags and DCs).
    You can take care of your stuff, you have food, potions and flasks.
    You can learn from your mistakes instead of making drama.

And in a few months you will farm all Heroic raids and will be decked in mostly BiS gear.

Pugs are looking for 9k gs because most people "raid" for years, RO@GSB, suffer in that pug cesspool, because they cant spend 2 hrs reading and raid in bliss forever.

3. It seems hard, but its really not that bad. You gotta know that You will get 5-5.2k Gs with just fos pos hor norm and hc plus some eot's gear. Many guilds require just this 5k Gs. At this point You will start doing voa. At the end of RAID reset time there are plenty pug raids that require +5.0 - 5.2k Gs only for icc and You still can do 4-6 bosses easly. Just Play and Your Gs will increase daily. In no time You will be 5.5k + with some achievs and probably raiding guild. Seems way harder than jt really is. For example im not into any guild at horde site, lvled sham at weekend, playing just after work and Im 4.8k. 2 more days and Ill be over 5 od 5.1k easly. Later as I told, voa, jcc alt runs, an progressive guild and go on

4. All of what you both said i am and will be doing, and i certainly hope you're right. I am just not feeling it, perhaps i chose wrong faction, the alliance, since i opened this post up until now, to test it out, i have been sitting in Ring of Blood, watching many groups come and go, over 200 players, asking each and every one of them if they have got a spot for me, not a single one replied, did quest and left.

So what you both say sounds good on paper, and i CERTAINLY hope there are players who can even speak English in game at least, or love to fight and argue, unlike these 200 that just ignore you which is the worst.

5. It's always been like this and gearing up was never really a problem, just do some ICC alt runs, then find a half-decent guild that will boost you and bam - you're like 5.8K-6K with Kingslayer.

Back in 2015 I got into a HC raiding guild with a crappy 4.8K priest after writing a VERY detailed application, it's doable, trust me ^^
    Edited: March 26, 2020 Reason: typo

6. Find a guild or maker your raids with less gear score. Icc10 alt run with 5k gs is totally fine, someone with more than 5.5 (or someone with lk achievement) always gonna enter and you can do 6/12 bosses. Eventually more if people stay and don't go away.

For guilds, watch out for those elitist *****s and demanding ones. Enter a guild that is doing progression and wants low geared players who know their class.

And yes, not a single pug will get you accepted if you have at least 50 less gear score than required. 99% they won't. If they do > they don't see achievement > instant kick. Same ****.

7. I got a question, that is somewhat realted to the first post...about gold making in general

I got a low lvl warlock, playing casualy and doing stuff...like proffesions. Now i picked a proff that i know i can use on my char - tailoring and enchating
    But the gold is always a problem, no matter if its for a mount, for some new gear or what ever...

Should i lvlup a money making proff like mining,skining first to gather up some golds and then when i get on max lvl just switch proff for what i know i need on warlock?
    I know tailoring and ench can make money, some money later on in the game. But for someone starting out, with no other toons here to get gold from, i am somewhat unsure what to do...
    With 3x proff rate, its not that hard to lvl up a proffesion

8. Thank you for your input, i wasn't much scared of reaching certain GS level, as much as i am worried about people's attitude, so far it's been horrible., non talkative and like real job stuff, 25 years of age requires 15 years of work experience...

One more question, are there non-Balkan people playing on the server at all ?

9. Thank you for your input, i wasn't much scared of reaching certain GS level, as much as i am worried about people's attitude, so far it's been horrible., non talkative and like real job stuff, 25 years of age requires 15 years of work experience...

One more question, are there non-Balkan people playing on the server at all ?
    warmane community is horrible

but there is also some very nice people

I would says 80% are real ******, 20% are very nice.

Best thing to do is to find a guild :)
    yes there is many non balkan player dont worry

10. Thank you for your input, i wasn't much scared of reaching certain GS level, as much as i am worried about people's attitude, so far it's been horrible., non talkative and like real job stuff, 25 years of age requires 15 years of work experience...
    It will be what you make it to be. I mean do you expect every person on the street to have instantly best attitude towards you? Strip away basic politeness as expected in virtual environment.. acutally I trade a lot of stuff, talk with dozen of people every day, 90% of them are even polite, others are just all business(which I prefer) and last 1% are, with problems I guess, but I cant remember the last time I had to put someone in ignore list.

And community which I raid with are great, we aim to clear raid fast and smooth and we are all on the same page there. It works amazing, and you can find spot with people you enjoy to play with, just remember they have to enjoy playing with you too.

11. All of what you both said i am and will be doing, and i certainly hope you're right. I am just not feeling it, perhaps i chose wrong faction, the alliance, since i opened this post up until now, to test it out, i have been sitting in Ring of Blood, watching many groups come and go, over 200 players, asking each and every one of them if they have got a spot for me, not a single one replied, did quest and left.

So what you both say sounds good on paper, and i CERTAINLY hope there are players who can even speak English in game at least, or love to fight and argue, unlike these 200 that just ignore you which is the worst.
    Yes, you indeed did choose the wrong faction :)

12. I got a question, that is somewhat realted to the first post...about gold making in general

I got a low lvl warlock, playing casualy and doing stuff...like proffesions. Now i picked a proff that i know i can use on my char - tailoring and enchating
    But the gold is always a problem, no matter if its for a mount, for some new gear or what ever...

Should i lvlup a money making proff like mining,skining first to gather up some golds and then when i get on max lvl just switch proff for what i know i need on warlock?
    I know tailoring and ench can make money, some money later on in the game. But for someone starting out, with no other toons here to get gold from, i am somewhat unsure what to do...
    With 3x proff rate, its not that hard to lvl up a proffesion
    Ench is expensive to level up, even just the rods and materials for them. it makes money just at 80. On my lock I got tailoring and herbalism and it works wonders. If this is your only char and you don't have another higher lvl to send gold to this character I suggest at least 1 gathering proffesion for gold generation, especially at lower lvls. Life is hard without one especially when you have to buy rods or other expensive stuff for ench.
    So pick a gathering proffesion besides tailoring and at 80 or when you're comfortable with money you change it and go for enchanting or whatever you prefer.

13. Ench is expensive to level up, even just the rods and materials for them. it makes money just at 80. On my lock I got tailoring and herbalism and it works wonders. If this is your only char and you don't have another higher lvl to send gold to this character I suggest at least 1 gathering proffesion for gold generation, especially at lower lvls. Life is hard without one especially when you have to buy rods or other expensive stuff for ench.
    So pick a gathering proffesion besides tailoring and at 80 or when you're comfortable with money you change it and go for enchanting or whatever you prefer.
    What brings more gold, skinning or herbs? it seems to me skinning is easyer while lvling...but then agian, herbs are all around as well...