1. New server - seasonal and icecrown-like. Let's talk about it.

So, april is coming up, and I have a pretty good sense of humor. Anyone else?

That aside, I think this will solve alot of the population issue we're having at the moment, and yes, it's probably going to take 8 hours to login into this new one. Expect that. At least people will have a choice if this happens. Load will be taken off one, and put in the other. Maybe they'll finally lower the cap to 8k or even back to 6k to return the server to it's roots. Share your thoughts.

2. Well if its seasonal and that implies that gear/character wipes occur, I'd like the option to transfer to icecrown when that happens.

3. We need more people to play in MOP:(
    They should to create some events for incentivate play in Pandaria

4. Well if its seasonal and that implies that gear/character wipes occur, I'd like the option to transfer to icecrown when that happens.
    If the "new realm" is not a joke then maybe we should be able to copy characters from icecrown to new realm so when gear/character wipe occurs, it really wouldn't matter.

5. I've been waiting for this really. I quit playing lordaeron because progression ended YEARS ago..... we all needed a fresh start.

6. Well if its seasonal and that implies that gear/character wipes occur, I'd like the option to transfer to icecrown when that happens.
    Proterean did announce that yesterday on global chat in Lordaeron - we'll have the option of moving chars before reset.

7. Icecrown like...so the coin shop is behind the corner...am I right?

8. I'm mildly excited.

I mean seasons work very well for games like PoE/Diablo, I had a blast playing new leagues in PoE for the last 3 years but that's because they always add something new to the game. IDK how well that's gonna work for WotLK tho where it'll be the same classes, the same raids and the same expansion basically.
    Maybe with some custom content it would be more interesting.

9. Icecrown like...so the coin shop is behind the corner...am I right?
    Most likely yes.
    I know it's their source of revenue that enables them to run the servers, but still i can't help but hope for that the icecrown-like aspect of the new server will mean only that it'll be high rate (~7x), but no coin shop. Or at least, if there is one, BiS gear could be unobtainable there, so those who obtain it the legit way in-game have some bragging rights and they'll be able to showcase their dedication/skill at a glance of their characters.

Just my thoughts, but the seasonal nature of the new realm is fantastic, it'd be great to experience the WotLK content from the start progressively & not just drop into ICC and ToC, so great idea Warmane staff!

Cheers

10. Finally no more "Can we have a new realm!?"

11. Most likely yes.
    I know it's their source of revenue that enables them to run the servers, but still i can't help but hope for that the icecrown-like aspect of the new server will mean only that it'll be high rate (~7x), but no coin shop. Or at least, if there is one, BiS gear could be unobtainable there, so those who obtain it the legit way in-game have some bragging rights and they'll be able to showcase their dedication/skill at a glance of their characters.

Just my thoughts, but the seasonal nature of the new realm is fantastic, it'd be great to experience the WotLK content from the start progressively & not just drop into ICC and ToC, so great idea Warmane staff!

Cheers
    Revive old glories like naxx ulduar...not the brain dead toc icc...regarding the shop more information are needed, because from that a lot of ppl will decide if is worth it move on or remain on icecrown/lordaeron.
    Edited: March 29, 2020

12. So, april is coming up, and I have a pretty good sense of humor. Anyone else?

That aside, I think this will solve alot of the population issue we're having at the moment, and yes, it's probably going to take 8 hours to login into this new one. Expect that. At least people will have a choice if this happens. Load will be taken off one, and put in the other. Maybe they'll finally lower the cap to 8k or even back to 6k to return the server to it's roots. Share your thoughts.
    Maybe it will, maybe not. Lots of Warmane players just wanna play their BIS geared characters from time to time and that's it. We need more info about what "seasons" will mean exactly. If we talking about fresh every 6 months not sure who exactly will be interested in that. I personally have litte to no interest in fresh WOTLK. Main reasons for that is i have progress the content contless times and nawadays i preffer to do that in other games. The other reason is there is a very high chance to do that on Retail when/if they release classic

I'm mildly excited.

I mean seasons work very well for games like PoE/Diablo, I had a blast playing new leagues in PoE for the last 3 years but that's because they always add something new to the game. IDK how well that's gonna work for WotLK tho where it'll be the same classes, the same raids and the same expansion basically.
    Maybe with some custom content it would be more interesting.
    Well leagues in POE are like expansions in WOW pretty much and also there is always challenge rewards. This keep it fresh. But Diablo for example new seasons mean litte to nothing and we see the effect of the game is population have been constantly dropping for years now. For systtem like that to work longterm there should be ( as you mention) custom content and also some kind of cosmetic rewards on my opinion.
    Edited: March 29, 2020

13. The worst scenario possible would be an outland 2.0 high hype at the beginning and after a while...bin

14. If there is a coin shop like Icecrown then yeah it will probably be, donate for T7 bis at start, prices might be higher then Icecrown realm though.
    They will announce more info about the shop today.

I don't get why people hate so much on donators though, I have met a ton of donators and they pay a lot of money to play here with good gear, almost everyone of them have this mindset that they want to play here and they try their best.
    It's much worse with those "Elite" people whos entitled to loot, and they throw a fit in raid chatt, AFK in the middle of raid cause "This part is easy" Because they are to good to even try.

This fresh realm is something A LOT of ous old players waited for.
    I hope that @MaXiMuS54 was talking abotu characters / gear being deleted every new season? isn't true, I thought they meant that every season they will move up a patch.
    "The realm will feature a seasonal model with each season progressing through Wrath of the Lich King content."

15. I don't get why people hate so much on donators though, I have met a ton of donators and they pay a lot of money to play here with good gear, almost everyone of them have this mindset that they want to play here and they try their best.
    It's much worse with those "Elite" people whos entitled to loot, and they throw a fit in raid chatt, AFK in the middle of raid cause "This part is easy" Because they are to good to even try.
    The reason why so many people hate on donaters is because they project some value they personally have to other people.

123 Last