1. Gear will be available on the marketplace, once it is available in the game and obtained by players in the game.
    Any chance blackrock players can get vendors with low gear so we can start pvp with the new server each season or no

2. Currently, we are not planning to do that. It is feasible, however.
    Thanks for giving us hope.. a 1x realm with progression fron start would tick a lot of boxes for a lot of ppl, just sayin*wink wink*

3. May I suggest opening the market place up a month or two months after the start of each cycle? This way players who acquired the gear in-game can feel rewarded for the work they put in. While providing a healthy progression experience. I'm afraid that the current marketplace model will make gear too easily accessible too early.

4. The idea is great, both Icecrown and Lordareon have been crowded and with a lot of people queued, not like what happens to other expansions that end up with 300-400 pop. So Wotlk is obviously the way to go forward.

From my point of view and experience it feels like 3 months per content is far too short, take for example Naxx, people will start 15 April, they have to level up, farm dungeons and clear a set of raid content in the available 12 week lockouts, taken that some people will take about 2-3 weeks to be raid ready and get a guild to start raiding this will leave them with about 10-9 week lockouts to clear the raid which is more challenging then Icecrown. Naxx is not that hard, however I can see people not even able to do half Ulduar in that amount of time with the gear available.

Regarding crossrealm Bgs seems reasonable to be crossrealm, however has we have seen many people complaining in the forums of Lordareon, arenas should be realm only. You can restrict the access to bgs for example by the gear the player has equiped, however some people do manage to have low gear equiped when they queue and then just switch to their full ICC+Shadowmourne set in BG, unless you can code based on average item level in bag, and still people will find ways to go around it.

For retail Wotlk run from november 13 2008 until December 7 2010, so almost two years, this would give each phase 6 months in between, time enough for both casuals and hardcore. With such a strectched time frame I don't think most casuals will bother and will just keep playing on Icecrown as usual, the only issue with that is, hardcore people will come, clear fast and leave faster, leaving behind the server close to empty, low pop will make less people attracted to the server and the cycle goes on. Pretty much like right now people rather wait in a ~1500 queue at Icecrown or a ~500 queue at Lordareon then play on Mop or TBC content.

Thank you for the great content and best of luck on your endeavour,

Lok'tar ogar!

5. "Marketplace will be similar to Icecrown model."

lol yeah im not playing

yikes

6. We can log on new realm with curret account or need make New?

7. We can log on new realm with curret account or need make New?
    No need to create new accounts, unless you want to.

8. Will be RDF enable for day 1
    Yes, it will be enabled from day one.

9. So another de facto pve realm with loads of twinks with vote point gear quashing the BGs. Eh

10. So excited for this. Was hoping you guys would do this at some point. I really enjoy the progression of not only the character but the expansion as a whole. Keep up the good work.

11. Question : so ppl can still donate on frostmourne but no point shop...?
    for ppl like me who cant donate cus of their shetty country this can suck hard since then again well see donaters with sm running around....
    tho i didnt get the subject of matter completely seasonal is seperate from other realms including frostmourn as i understood.. if so i dont see the point of frostmourne not having point shop....
    but gj on making another realm since things suck for me specialy on icc since when ever i wake up no matter when i get que like 30 min after and even on 5 am theres like 1.2k ppl in que which is rediculous..

12. What about toon names?

1. We will make new toons at realm start, then after a year when the season ends those toons will be moved to Icecrown and will have to pick a new Icecrown name, right?
    2. In a year when the 2nd season will start, will people have a method to keep their old names from the first season or its a new fresh start in this manner as well?

Thanks

13. What about toon names?

1. We will make new toons at realm start, then after a year when the season ends those toons will be moved to Icecrown and will have to pick a new Icecrown name, right?
    2. In a year when the 2nd season will start, will people have a method to keep their old names from the first season or its a new fresh start in this manner as well?

Thanks
    Yes, they will require new names if they're taken on Icecrown. We, however, do yearly cleanups, so this will ease the process.

We are considering a system where people can reserve names on the seasonal realm a few days in advance before the season by registering their Icecrown characters.

14. "The season is set to last 12 months. The content will be divided in four tiers. The content of the first tier will be available on day one. Every three months, the content will progress further "

"Characters will be moved to Icecrown, once the season ends, assuring a fresh competitive realm each time a new season starts "

We are officialy the warmane trash can now
    Jokes
    in 1 year you guys will probally change your mind
    and target Lordaeron instead

First ... 9101112132161 ... Last