1. all the people complaining about how this server is going to be Pay2Win are 100% not going to be the same people who get a realm first in anything.
    solely because top raids don't care about if someone can buy the same item that they just got. they'll deal with it and keep racing for a #1 spot.

any person who actually wants to go for a realm first (which in case you didn't know, is the point of this whole server) is not gonna wait until something is on the shop "in order to get an advantage".
    if you wait for something to be on the shop to buy it. you will already on the back-foot

I've said this like 27 times on this thread and so have a multitude of other people.
    >>>Gear will not be available until it is OBTAINED by someone IN-GAME <<<

the reason why admins aren't replying to anything store related is because the problems you people mention are quite literally nonexistent and will not ever be a problem when it comes to the ultimate goal of this server

By the time a new raid is released the old raid is going to be farmed twice a week. which means buying gear from that raid is going to be pointless.
    and as raids continue to be released it will continue to be pointless to buy gear from old raids.

"but then people will just buy the gear from the newest raid!"
    lol when?
    after the top guild cleared everything? ok sure. but like i said, pointless. you already lost the race to be the first to clear it. which again, is the whole point of this server. to be the first to clear the raid.

you really think buying the Naxx gear that the top raid got is going to help them in the race to clear Ulduar? hell no.

Stop crying about how the shop is going to break the whole experience and just play the server when it comes out.

2. I think the issue with this is simple.

Let's say you have 2 guilds competing for realm first.

Guild 1 gets a good try and downs a boss, builds up a lead.
    Guild 2 can easily buy the obtained items by guild 1 and negate any kind of gear difference and lead guild 1 made thanks to simply having a better try/playing better.
    the only problem with this is that a guild who is going for a realm first won't stop after 1 boss.
    by the time guild 2 goes into the shop to buy the item guild 1 got, guild 1 is already going to be 6 bosses further if not already completed the entire raid.

3. Wouldn't it be better to postpone the release of RDF until ToC content?

4. solely because top raids don't care about if someone can buy the same item that they just got. they'll deal with it and keep racing for a #1 spot
    Think about the playerbase %

Its not always about the top pro players and dirty casuals...

5. Is it possible to reserve a name for a DK character?

6. the only problem with this is that a guild who is going for a realm first won't stop after 1 boss.
    by the time guild 2 goes into the shop to buy the item guild 1 got, guild 1 is already going to be 6 bosses further if not already completed the entire raid.
    My point was that the decider between 2 equally good guilds could be whichever guild buys more items.
    If you get to the actually difficult end-bosses, that could be 0 lights yogg or Lich King where progression takes up to 10 lockouts, you could easily just half the amount of lockouts you'd need by farming gold on icecrown, selling those for coins and buying your guildies BiS trinkets (which is something I would absolutely do in my guild if this was possible)

I don't think the system that was brought up is terrible, I'm not here crying about anything, all I wanted to have is a healthy discussion because in my personal opinion and looks like there are more people who share the same opinion - there are better alternatives to handling this.

And since the details of this are to be determined, I don't think talking about it is a bad thing, for as long as it's not people insulting and literally just crying about the idea like some of them are.

One of my questions was also if extending raid lockout will be possible, with 2 resets a week, progressing some end-game bosses without extending might be near impossible and would be solely about who gets "enough gear" first.
    I hope one of the staff members could share their ideas on this as the option is currently not available on Icecrown.
    (If this has already been mentioned, I must have missed it).

7. if the characters from frostmourne are going to be moved to icecrown what will happen to a player that have a full character list on icecrown and doesn't have a free spot for frostmourne one ?

8. I think the issue with this is simple.

Would you guys consider
    1) open the shop only after the realm first achievments from the current season were taken?
    2) open the shop only for the previously released season? (on t8 release you'd be able to buy t7 items etc)
    Please consider that. That way ptw wont ruin the pve competition in the realm and im sure that it will attract more players. Also u wont lose anything because there will still be donations to catch up after a content is cleared or new one is released.

9. if the characters from frostmourne are going to be moved to icecrown what will happen to a player that have a full character list on icecrown and doesn't have a free spot for frostmourne one ?
    For the 100th time, please read the whole thread, you'll find your answer + maybe some other good-to-know information. By the way, it's literally on the first page under the "FAQ' comment. It is true that it's not yet determined precisely, but as the saying goes: We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. And this applies to many people's concerns here, it's a brand new realm with a brand new idea behind it, of course it's gonna have some TBD content.

10. Please have heirlooms on the start :)

11. Please have heirlooms on the start :)
    This would help immensely! With x7 leveling it's really rough to keep up in gear, and we'll be wasting time trying to get gear by doing lower leveled quests. Makes the leveling experience so much easier, and I would happily donate for this!

12. all the people complaining about how this server is going to be Pay2Win are 100% not going to be the same people who get a realm first in anything.
    solely because top raids don't care about if someone can buy the same item that they just got. they'll deal with it and keep racing for a #1 spot.
    No, that's not how racing to #1 works. Gear can make or break whether your raid can kill a boss, irrelevant of skill. If gear and stats didn't matter, the "top raids" wouldn't bother with heavy gear theorycrafting, flasking up, and every little thing that can give them a stats advantage over the competition.

If the store only provided items, say, _after_ the race to #1 for a tier is over, then I'm sure nobody has any issues, honestly. But it's not been made clear by the staff, which is why we're posting probing questions, to ensure they commit to something that'll keep the player base happy, and you should too.

13. Its pretty obvious most of us want this type of realm to be rewarded for beating the content(weather its pvp) progressively instead of having massive leaps.
    A shop with option to buy (current patch) BIS/TOP items is literally absurd, it kills the whole idea of progressive system which is what this server is all about.

I literally can not see this happening, this is out of most of our minds(correct me if im wrong?).

On the other hand from marketing point of view, pretty obvious even with some limitations the server would generate as much, but it would keep server healthy towards the majority of players :)

pretty straight forward with this.
    idk.ez.

14. Its pretty obvious most of us want this type of realm to be rewarded for beating the content(weather its pvp) progressively instead of having massive leaps.
    A shop with option to buy (current patch) BIS/TOP items is literally absurd, it kills the whole idea of progressive system which is what this server is all about.

I literally can not see this happening, this is out of most of our minds(correct me if im wrong?).

On the other hand from marketing point of view, pretty obvious even with some limitations the server would generate as much, but it would keep server healthy towards the majority of players :)

pretty straight forward with this.
    idk.ez.
    I agree, the shop doesnt bother me if it is selling the previous tiers loot. For example, when Ulduar launches all Naxx gear becomes available. Being able to have guilds and players just buy the gear right after it drops for another guild/raid is absurd.

15. For arenas, if you queu 2s or 3s i hope you can only do you can get only people from the same realm to fight for, even for solo queu it would be appreciated :D since others are just much higher geared and stuff :) but really if you enable solo queu on that realm (people from same realm only) IT WOULD BE DOPE AS HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

First ... 26343536373846 ... Last