1. Why am I getting hit after using Vanish?

I don't really pvp much with my Combat rogue, but I did a bit the last few days, against a warrior and a priets. BOth times I did a vanish, and they were able to hit me like TWO seconds after. The warrior did his rush attack, and the priest was able to fear me. I don't think this is a lag issue, because it was a good 2 seconds after I vanished.

Any explanations? It's very frustrating trying to pvp with this guy, and if I'm doing something wrong I would like to know. Thanks!

2. Did they have bleed on you or dots? In that case, you are visible after 2 seconds of vanish because your stealth is out.

3. "The warrior did his rush attack"
    what does it means?

priest's fear is an AoE spell; being in stealth because of vanish does not make you immune to AoE spell.

4. Well, I stunned the warrior and ran away and vanished. He still managed to rush back towards me and engage. No clue how he did this.

I had no bleeds or dots on me. I'm wondering if I should spec into sub for better pvp? I feel like nothing I do works.

5. Well, I stunned the warrior and ran away and vanished. He still managed to rush back towards me and engage. No clue how he did this.

I had no bleeds or dots on me. I'm wondering if I should spec into sub for better pvp? I feel like nothing I do works.
    you aren't always 100% invisible, especially at the beginning of stealth. You likely had bleeds etc. but its possible they were playing a human (more likely to be able to see you) or Catseye Elixir which allows them to see stealth targets

6. hi there, im playing pvp alot, Vansih seems to be broken, sometimes after using vansih i get out of stealth for no reason at all, you are not getting hit while vanish, your vanish cancels its stealth for some reason and you are visible and "targetable". Ive noticed this in bgs , many times, even when noone even close to me i vanish and instantly get out of stealth. Today i played duel where warlock used curse of elements on me, from like 20+ yards while i was vanishing, and it got me out of stealth. *curse of elements does no damage*. So ill search forums if this bug is reported, if not , gona make mt myself.

7. It is bugged, but I don't know exactly what is causing it. Ictt3aR - that's exactly what has been happening to me.

Fighting a frost mage casting frostbolt. I vanish as he is casting. The bolt still sends, 1 second later hits me (while im stealthed) and boom outta stealth and getting nuked.

100% glitched 90% of the time.

8. Yeah it is either bugged, or a symptom of high ping. not sure which

9. hi there, im playing pvp alot, Vansih seems to be broken, sometimes after using vansih i get out of stealth for no reason at all, you are not getting hit while vanish, your vanish cancels its stealth for some reason and you are visible and "targetable". Ive noticed this in bgs , many times, even when noone even close to me i vanish and instantly get out of stealth. Today i played duel where warlock used curse of elements on me, from like 20+ yards while i was vanishing, and it got me out of stealth. *curse of elements does no damage*. So ill search forums if this bug is reported, if not , gona make mt myself.
    This bug has been around for YEARS my guy

warmane won't/can't fix it.

it's a server delay thing

spell is registered whenever the enemy player presses his own keyboard's key
    same with auto attack
    once it's registerd. it WILL go off.
    if you press vanish right in between the register and it actually going off. it will go off and break stealth

on Blackrock it seems to be a little better and you can actually vanish stuns/fears/etc and seems like there is no server delay there. but I dont know. mightve just been more lucky on blackrock

10. It is bugged and so is cloak of shadows.

the only way to win at warmane is to quit warmane.

11. every hunter auto attacks hit me after vanish.. the pets auto attacks hit me too.

12. I'm pretty late to this and I'm surprised nobody could answer this. Vanish isn't really all that broken, this exact thing happened in retail Wotlk all the time. It's just a negative consequence of the intentional delay they've introduced to the servers to allow for blizzlike interactions, like two rogues blinding each other at the same time for example. Without this feature, the meta is pretty different to real Wotlk, even if it sounds like a very simple and rage inducing mechanic. This is especially the case for rogues, which can utilize the delay more than any other class can thanks to vanish.

If you use the vanish ability and your enemy uses an ability within about .2 seconds of that, their ability will hit you regardless of your use of vanish. This also has benefits for good rogues or lucky ones. If you time vanish on the opposite spectrum of that, as in right at the same time or just after they've casted their ability, vanish will nullify that ability.

I have an old video here that shows you an example of what happens if you use vanish at the same time as an enemy casts blind on you to help you visualize it. You'll notice that the vanish effect goes off, but doesn't place me into stealth. It also completely nullifies the enemy's blind, so in a case of not having your PvP trinket ready, or if you want to save it, you can vanish a CC effect that could otherwise cause a loss for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqy-9P4X50U Death coils are a very good spell to practice this on, as they have a flight time and are instant cast, meaning you'll have to react fairly quickly while the spell is in the air, but it gives you just enough time to do it through reactions rather than predicting an enemy CC after a trinket or based on their positioning.