1. Why removing the infected debuff? It was so cool

On the night of April 1st the devs made a really nice joke by simulating a pandemic on the server. People in Dalaran were suiciding themselves in order to fool people on the dangerousness of the debuff, with a childish and playful spirit. It was, to be honest, one of the most hilarious moment I had on this server.

But when I logged on today, It’s with sadness I realized the debuff was gone. So I wanted to thanks the devs to have entertained us during at least few hours last night. Deeply inside I dreamed about experiencing a scourge kinda-neutral faction but I guess it would cause too much trouble in the eyes of some people.

It’s been a month my country is locked down in order to reduce the spread of the deadly covid19 and it’s exactly that kind of state of mind that makes me handle the situation.
    Do not let the fear of death destroy your sense of humor, because a man without humor is a man already dead.

I would also particularly thanks all the people who bought me purification potions on horde AH. You may have loose 55g on a useless item but be sure you made a man happy hahaha

2. Pretty sure far too many people complained about it or got butthurt over it, unfortunately. Was fun while it lasted, though.

3. Yeah, it was fun. I thought we were gonna get the full scourge invasion event given that Frostmourne is coming soon. But people on the forum QQ'd that it was "inappropriate" to joke about this "tragedy" that befell us all xD

We can't have nice things nowadays, everything has to be "politically correct".

4. That debuff was just creating a huge fps drop because of AOE sparks and it's horrible. It happens every year and it's a known thing blizzard did way back. It's nothing new, nothing special and just boring.

5. my favorite part of it was the tears on the forums over it. bloody hilarious.

6. my favorite part of it was the tears on the forums over it. bloody hilarious.
    I just came back from a post where a man is asking «*to*punish the players responsible for this prank*». I have no words.

7. I just came back from a post where a man is asking «*to*punish the players responsible for this prank*». I have no words.
    This is what happens when you give normies the internet. It's all about that "safe space" nowadays - no matter what you say someone is gonna get offended.
    Remember when cyber police was a meme created by 4chan? Apparently it's a real thing now xD

8. This is what happens when you give normies the internet. It's all about that "safe space" nowadays - no matter what you say someone is gonna get offended.
    Remember when cyber police was a meme created by 4chan? Apparently it's a real thing now xD

9. Too many special snowflakes cried like babies. The idea was great tho. It showed how fast a disease can spread if you don't keep the distance and it also showed what some people whould do, aka infect others on purpose. I'd go even further with it and make people who died because of the debuff be unable to play, walk around in ghost form for 48 hours and with a message regarding social distancing. I'd also make it so that you get the debuff from corpses unless you loot them to remove them and only healing specs can remove the corpses. You wouldn't like that would you ? Guess what, in real life you get the "debuff" and after you die, you don't ress at all. Stay the **** home.

But meh, special snowflakes *****ed too much. Grow a pair.
    Edited: April 2, 2020

10. Too many special snowflakes cried like babies. The idea was great tho. It showed how fast a disease can spread if you don't keep the distance and it also showed what some people whould do, aka infect others on purpose. I'd go even further with it and make people who died because of the debuff be unable to play, walk around in ghost form for 48 hours and with a message regarding social distancing. I'd also make it so that you get the debuff from corpses unless you loot them to remove them and only healing specs can remove the corpses. You wouldn't like that would you ? Guess what, in real life you get the "debuff" and after you die, you don't ress at all. Stay the **** home.

But meh, special snowflakes *****ed too much. Grow a pair.
    That debuff was implemented by blizzard way back so it has no means for Corona or anything else Also It doesn't show anything to a normal person who just wants to have fun in wow or relax for a day. If you're stupid enough to not take care of yourself in the time of need, then that's your problem. It shows nothing but annoyingness and massive fps lag.

11. That debuff was implemented by blizzard way back so it has no means for Corona or anything else Also It doesn't show anything to a normal person who just wants to have fun in wow or relax for a day. If you're stupid enough to not take care of yourself in the time of need, then that's your problem. It shows nothing but annoyingness and massive fps lag.
    Implemented by blizzard or not "way back", this fits within the context of corona and it is exactly why snowflakes cried.

"If you're stupid enough to not take care of yourself in the time of need, then that's your problem" ... there are a lot of people who don't care about themselves either because they're braindead or don't care but it's not just about them, it's also about the people around them and how a virus can spread ez from one to another by those who are "stupid enough to not take care of themselves".

It shows nothing but annoyingness and massive fps lag ... to you, maybe. I for one watched this with other eyes and i watched what people did. In no time almost the entire server had the debuff.

12. It was epic while it lasted. I haven't noticed any fps lags like Overloard99, but the dude is complaining about pretty much everything anyways.

I was hunting guildmates who tried hiding in mostly empty zones, others would go to starting zones and 'welcome' new players with a deadly hug. Most of us had a real blast!

Thank you for this 'accident', Warmane! ;-)