1. Mass Affliction Warlock or Shadow Priest?

Title, basically in a 10 or 25 raid (assuming all buffs are covered, every character is equally geared and skilled), which would you rather mass: shadow priest or affliction warlock?

This is specifically for mutliboxing say 10 of either or. TO my knowledge, both are quite easier to multibox, so it comes to down any hidden synergies that theyd have with each other. Also, is there any dps difference between the two at the top gear?

Thanks!

2. How do you wanna controll the shadow trance proc when you multibox affli locks? I don't think its possible to make a flawless dmg rota.
    I'd stick to Spriests.

3. Shadow Priest is the way. Stack haste and blow up stuff with mind sear. Very efficient vs other boxers too.

With Warlocks your best bet is Demonology, this because it is the best vs other boxers. but it's nowhere near as viable as Shadow Priest
    Edited: April 7, 2020

4. He wants to do PvE.
    Imo shadow priest is the better choice.
    Easier dmg rota than affli and they can heal and shield when you take heavy aoe dmg.

5. Thanks for your replies!

1. Yes, this is specifically for PvE. I have 0 interest in PvP multiboxing.
    2. On the affliction warlock, they simply don't take the shadow trance proc.

Thanks all!

6. 2. On the affliction warlock, they simply don't take the shadow trance proc.
    If you wanna do raids it's essential that you pick classes that can be controlled to their full potential.

There is only a limited amount of specs with a boxer friendly dmg rota.
    For example, arcane mage, shadow priest, MM hunter or ele shami.

Stay away of specs such as enh shami, any kind of DK, fury warr, fire mage, or boomkin. It's impossible to do a fluent dmg rota with them.
    Edited: April 10, 2020

7. It's impossible to do a fluent dmg rota with them.
    In this instance, with 10+ locks, it would be near impossible, yes. It would involve quite a bit of micro-management, but it could possibly be done if you were dead-set on giving it a go.

For example, using Shadow Trance as an example, you can setup keymaps to handle that. Something like:

Keymap 1: Normal rotation
    Keymap 2: Rotation w/Shadow Trance-proc -- Deactivated as default

Then setup some sort of Shadow Trance procc-tracking for each character, with a click bar overlaying it. You can then individually switch keymaps when it procs by clicking the Clickbar, activating Keymap 2 and deactivating Keymap 1 on a per-character level. Another click switches them back to normal rotation.

The same can be applied with Boomkins w/Eclipse-procc. I use it myself with great results.
    Mind you, I've never tried Affliction Warlock. I have however tested with Demo Lock w/Metamorphosis, Decimation- and Molten Core-procs, and it worked great. I had to steer from the lock, though, and it required constant attention to keep up with procs, placement, etc.

So;
    Is it ideal when massed? Most definitely not.
    Doable? Probably.
    Should you do it enmassed? If you want to keep your sanity; no.

Edit:
    Credit where credit is due. What I explained above is based on what TutellaF explained in this post.
    Edited: April 17, 2020

8. Then setup some sort of Shadow Trance procc-tracking for each character, with a click bar overlaying it. You can then individually switch keymaps when it procs by clicking the Clickbar, activating Keymap 2 and deactivating Keymap 1 on a per-character level. Another click switches them back to normal rotation.
    Sounds like a good method to deal with procs. Especially for moonkin eclipse.
    But there should be a timer action in it so it switches automaticly back to the default rotation after a set amount of time. Clicking that click bar for a second time to switch back to default sounds like it would require way too much attention. Especially when you multibox more than 5 chars.

However, if you really want to multibox in ICC then my advice is to pick a class which dmg rota can be executed with a one button spam.
    In a boss encounter you'll have to pay to so many things attention that you won't find the time to bother with procs and such.

9. That is a really great idea, thank you!

This is a side question, but let's say you have a mixed team of...
    1) Healer (Disc priest, Resto shaman, etc)
    2) RDPS with procs (moonkin, shadow trance affliction warlock, etc.)
    3) RDPS with no procs (marksmanship hunter)

which one should be your main? would it be the dps with procs or the healer?

One more step...
    1) healer
    2) dps w procs
    3) dps w no procs
    4) protection paladin

which one is the main now?

10. But there should be a timer action in it so it switches automaticly back to the default rotation after a set amount of time. Clicking that click bar for a second time to switch back to default sounds like it would require way too much attention. Especially when you multibox more than 5 chars.
    Good point. I should've mentioned it, since I use timed keymaps on my Demo Warlock :P

which one should be your main? would it be the dps with procs or the healer?
    It depends, really. As I mentioned previously, I decided to lead from my Demo Warlock since I had to micro-manage movement when in Meta-form, etc. I could've created something to handle that in some way, but it wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

Based on the setup you listed, I'd imagine leading from the tank or one of the healers -- provided your setup allows you to efficiently manage the proc-classes. If you need more micro-management, lead from one of the proc-classes.
    You should be able to handle eclipse-proc efficiently, so you shouldn't need to lead from the Boomkin.

Also; keep in mind that I have never attempted to utilize Affli Lock in my setups, so I have no idea how well it actually performs. I might be talking out of my *** here :P

11. May 1, 2020  
    thanks all, this has been really helpful!

btw, fedogen90 are you perhaps Village? i remember seeing a 42k hp warlock running aorund with like 40 druids in dalaran. :D

12. May 4, 2020  
    Nope. :P
    You'd only see me with a 5-man dungeon team, or rarely a 10-man ICC-trash farming team. That's about it for what my computer can handle. ^^,