1. KTracker - Better than TMW. Bonus: OnmiCC

Greetings everyone,

I am a fan of TellMeWhen addon but I always found it a bit limited in options (may be too limited), so first I tried to modify its files but I ended up giving up and creating a new one from the ground up, keeping same functionalities but coded differently and taking in consideration memory usage, flexibility and more.

It is already shared on CurseForge if you want to try it and if you are familiar with TellMeWhen addon.

You can find some screenshots at the bottom of this post.

Current Version: 1.2.0

Features (Changelog)
    Spoiler: Show
    • Tracks cooldowns, internal cooldows, buffs and debuffs, reactive spells and totems.
    • Integrated cooldown count, so you no longer need to use a distinct addon (i.e: OmniCC or CooldownCount). This feature if automatically disabled if either of the addons is detected.
    • 64 groups saves per account while having extra settings saved per character (position, status, scale...)
    • 12x12 groups can be created.
    • No need to create the groups of icons for other character, simply "Edit" them on the new toon, enable then save.. Done!
    • Possibility to share groups of icons with players using the addon, individually or to all party/raid members.
    • Single icon named WoTLKDebuffs to track all WoTLK raids debuffs (ICC and RS).
    • Long list of units to watch auras (buffs and debuffs) on, with the possibility to track them on a custom unit (example: Using the name of the player).
    • Support for ButtonFacade

How to Use?
    • When first installed or after reset, you will have a single default group with 4 icons, you can edit it to change its name, number of columns and rows ... etc. If not, skip to next.
    • Start by writting the group name, selecting the spec you want to use it for, number of columns and rows, whether to show out of combat or not, play with horizontal and vertical spacings (slider or type then hit enter) and click on "Save"
    • Done! Start adding your icons.

Using same group on another character
    • All groups of icons are saved per account, so whenever you log into another character, you will see that group on the list but disabled. Simply right-click on it to enable it on the new character.
    • Once this step is done, all you have to do is to edit the group and change the spacing, spec, the combat status ... etc.
    • Changing the name, columns and rows will affect the the group itself, which means the changes will be seen on all characters, so what you basically have to do on your new character is move, resize, change spacing if you want.. etc

How to share a group of icons?
    If you want to send a group of icons to another player, or to your party/group raid, 3 steps are required:
    • Make sure both sides have sync enabled.
    • Tell the other player or raid members to have the config window open (not sure if required).
    • Right-click on the group then click "Share".
    • Enter the name of the player or leave empty to share with all your party/raid members

If you don't wish to receive or send groups of icons, simply disable addon sync. VoilĂ !

Wrath of Lich King - Single Icon Debuffs
    I have included a single icon WoTLK debuffs that tracks all possiblity and must be tracked debuffs in Icecrown Citadel (ICC) and The Ruby Sanctum (RS). Simple and easy, here is how to do it:
    • Create a new group of icons and name it whatever you want, I named mine WoTLKDebuffs :D.
    • Set the name of the icon you want to use to "WoTLKDebuffs" then enable the icon.
    • Set the icon type to "Buff and Debuff", its subtype to "Debuff" and make sure to set the unit to watch. If it's you, then leave in on "Player".
    • Select when you want to show the icon. I personally set it to "Present" to show only if I have the debuff.
    • Tick "Show Timer" if you want to see the countdown on it.
    • DO NOT tick "Only Mine" because that will mess tracking debuffs (not tested though).
    • If you want to not miss it at all, feel free to pick an animation effect, I personally have it on "Pulse" so it annoys me until I see it and react.
    • That's about it! Go raid and test it yourself.

Edited: November 24, 2020 Reason: Addon updated to 1.2.0

2. Changelog for 1.2.0
    • Added Russian localization thanks to Farusa199 (Staryandros).
    • Removed LibDropdownMenu that was causing dropdown issues and went back to default dropdown.
    • Added a single digit decimal to timers below 5 seconds.
    • Small icon enhancement and removal of backdrop if the addon is locked.
    • Fixed spec selection upon groups creation as well as horizontal and vertical spacing sliders and editboxes.
    • Fixed several errors and typos after running luacheck.

Old Changelog

Changelog for 1.1.1
    • Fixed an icons visibility bug and a problem when OmniCC, CooldownCount, YarkoCooldowns or ElvUI (more details). Thank you skullatbash for your help finding the bug.
    • Calculating group's width and height was change to during icons display on-the-go instead of at the end of the group display for better performance (less claculation).
    • Icons textures was slightly enhanced to follow the initial design, especially when using animation (mainly Pulse).
    • Repositioned the glow animation texture to be around the icon instead of being inside it.
    • Added the internal cooldown for Phylactery of the Nameless Lich (90sec, correct me if I'm wrong).
    • Moved to using LibUIDropDownMenu instead of the default one for a better look, performance and management.

Changelog for 1.1.0
    • Added the possibility to track talents cooldowns: Rapture, Will of the Necropolis and Lock and Load.
    • Added a more strict way of checking checking auras (buffs and debuffs), this way spells having the same name will not trigger each other's icons. Example: Berserk (Spell and Enchant proc) or Sacred Shield (Buff and Proc).
    • Added some missing debuffs to the WoTLKDebuffs, such us: PP hc debuff on both oozes, missing Vile Gas and Infest IDs.
    • All changes mentioned above resulted in a full testing and code rewritting and cleaning. So please if you find any problems, feel free to report them.

Changelog for 1.0.0
    • There was a bug where deleted account-wide groups conflict with character-related ones. For example: if you create two groups A and B, both enabled on a character and only A is enabled on a second character, then you decide to delete the group A, the second character will have group B enabled by default because of the way groups IDs are handled. This was fixed by switching from simple text generated IDs to datetime of group creation. This way, no way this bug can happen.

Changelog for 0.9.9-5b
    • Added a second layer of check for deleted groups to fix the bug.
    • Fixed a bug where an icon is shown by default (buff on target, show whe present) until the player the has a target.
    • Fixed the Duplicate bug where positioning one group affects the second.
    • Added French localization (you're welcome to help me localize it for other languages).

Changelog for 0.9.9-4b

Changelog for 0.9.9-3b
    • Fixed a bug about a severe FPS drop when the target isn't in range or in different instance/zone.

Changelog for 0.9.9-2b
    • Fixed an bug that happens when using ButtonFacade (fps drop because of a the integrated cooldown count).
    • Added more Units to watch as suggested by skullatbash: Party and Arena for PvPers, and a custom unit that allows to enter the name of the player on which you want to track the aura (see this post).
    • Added extra menu item to the configuration window menu, Duplicate, that does what the word means, to duplicate groups.
    • Fixed a bug with the group spacing slider not being enabled when adding or editing groups, reported by Rhonim.

Changelog for 0.9.9b
    • The code was massively rewritten.
    • Added a minimap button in order to lock/unlock or access settings without typing the slash commands.
    • Icons effects, or animations, are now available for all types of icons.
    • Enhanced ButtonFacade compatibility.
    • Added almot all WoTLK raid debuffs as a single icon name: "WoTLKDebuffs" (see this post).

Changelog for 0.9.8b
    • Animations are now available for cooldowns, buffs and debuffs.
    • Available animations: Pulse and Shine.

Changelog for 0.9.7b
    • Integrated LibInternalCooldowns library to track items and proc cooldowns. Example: Add an icon and give it the name for your ICC ring, set it to Cooldown > Item and show timer. That's all.
    • Like I added an integrated cooldown count, internal cooldowns are now displayed on action bars and item slots (reset after reload).

Changelog for 0.9.6-3b
    • Fixed a bug reported by Maj3Dx where adding a new group after editing one overrides it.

Changelog for 0.9.6-2b
    • There was a problem with the integrated cooldown count text where text on buffs/debuffs was huge because of a wrong line#2089 that should've been self:SetScale(scale) instead of the old text:SetFont(font, scale*19, 'OUTLINE'). You can download this correction package or edit the line yourself, as you wish.

Changelog for 0.9.6b
    • Integrated a Cooldown Text that can be used if you are not using OmniCC or CooldownCount. You can disable both addons if you want simple cooldown count that is similar to OmniCC, in look and action (no options).
    • ElvUI users will encounter double cooldown text on their action bars, simply go to ElvUI addon, Action Bars, General options and make sure to disable Cooldown Text.

Changelog for 0.9.5b
    • Configuration simplified, made easier and more flexible.
    • Added an option to enable/disable addon sharing (so you don't get spemmed).
    • Uncommented a forgotten group sharing line that was only there for testing purposes.
    • Fixed a bug where talents spec changing doesn't toggle groups set for each spec.

Edited: November 24, 2020 Reason: changelog 1.2.0

3. This looks nice; I'll check it out and give feedback if I have any.

4. Found a bug. Seems like when you edit a group, any time you try to make a new group after will edit the previously edited group until you relog/reload. This is a very nice addon though and I can see it definitely uses less resources than tellmewhen and overall a nicer interface/useability! I will definitely use this from now on.

5. Found a bug. Seems like when you edit a group, any time you try to make a new group after will edit the previously edited group until you relog/reload. This is a very nice addon though and I can see it definitely uses less resources than tellmewhen and overall a nicer interface/useability! I will definitely use this from now on.
    Hello Weep and thanks for your feedback.
    If you check the 2nd post, the bug was reported and fixed with a single line added (it was forgotten) then I updated the CurseForge file (here is the file and here is the bug)

6. Another thing; I don't seem to be able to get trinket internal cooldowns working. The icon just shows all the time and doesn't track them at all.

7. Another thing; I don't seem to be able to get trinket internal cooldowns working. The icon just shows all the time and doesn't track them at all.
    Can you tell me how you did it so I can do the same thing and test please?

8. Oh I see what you mean now. Basically you mean that the "internal cooldown" of trinkets doesn't work and it shouldn't work because it's not implemented yet. So far it only show cooldowns for items with "Use:" but I will add some internal ccooldowns for the next update.

9. Oh I see what you mean now. Basically you mean that the "internal cooldown" of trinkets doesn't work and it shouldn't work because it's not implemented yet. So far it only show cooldowns for items with "Use:" but I will add some internal ccooldowns for the next update.
    Awesome, thanks.

10. Awesome, thanks.
    I have now included Internal Cooldowns. You can download the file from CurseForge, but if it is still under review by the time you see my reply, I have included an alternative download link.

How to use it?
    Same usual steps: name the icon as your item's name → Icon Type: Cooldown → Cooldown Type: Item ... Other options are personal.
    if the item is a "Use:" item, it will show its cooldown, if it is a proc item it will display its internal cooldown.

11. The latest version, 0.9.8b, introduced icons animation effects, only available for cooldowns, buffs and debuffs.

How It Works?
    When you set the icon to a cooldown or a buffs/debuffs, you will have a new menu items, "Icon Effect", where you can choose between the two available effects: Pulse and Shine.

For cooldowns, the animation only happens once and when the item/spell is off cooldown.
    For buffs/debuffs: if the icon is show on "Always", the animation happens when the buff is missing. If the icon is set to show when present, it animates ONLY for buffs/debuffs below 60sec. If it is set to when "Absent", it animates when the buffs is absent.

12. AddOn updated to v0.9.9b

WoTLK Debuffs Icon
    To have all ICC and RS debuffs on a single icon, you can name the icon WoTLKDebuffs, set it to Debuff and make sure to show when it is Present.
    Bonus: Give it an animation effect so you don't miss it.

What does it track?
    • Lady Deathwhisper: Curse of Torpor, Dominate Mind and Touch of Insignificance
    • Deathbringer Saurfang: Mark of the Fallen Champion.
    • Festergut, Rotface and Professor Putricide: Gas Spore, Mutated Infection, Vile Gas, Volatile Ooze Adhesive, Gaseous Bloat and Unbound Plague.
    • Blood-Prince Council: Shadow Prison and Shadow Resonance.
    • Blood-Queen Lana'thel: Essence of the Blood Queen(bite), Pact of the Darkfallen(link), Swarming Shadows and Uncontrollable Frenzy(cc).
    • Valithria Dreamwalker: Emerald Vigor(stacks).
    • Sindragosa: Chilled to the Bone, Unchained Magic, Instability, Mystic Buffet and Frost Beacon.
    • The Lich King: Infest, Necrotic Plague and Soul Reaper.
    • Saviana Ragefire (RS): Flame Beacon.
    • General Zarithrian (RS): Clear Armor.
    • Halion (RS): Fiery Combustion and Soul Consumption.
    Edited: April 21, 2020

13. Nice job.

Would you ever add arena enemy 1,2,3 and party member as "unit to watch" on "Buff/debuff" category ?
    Edited: April 21, 2020

14. Nice job.
    Would you ever add arena enemy 1,2,3 and party member as "unit to watch" on "Buff/debuff" category ?
    Hey skullatbash, glad you like it.

A great idea you have there, why not ! I might pobably add that too as soon as possible.
    Cheers.

123 ... Last