1. Fire Mage PVP (BGs and Duels) questions

Hi, i am new to Fire PVP so i wanna ask some questions about the bis gear mainly for BGs and duels.
    Yesterday there was a 1v1 tournaments i just checked that the 3rd place is taken by a fire mage.
    His armory: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/profile
    as u see he is stacking on spirit, on all guides i have red there was nothing mentioned about the spirit and its benefir with molten armor.
    So wanna ask is that build good for BGs and Duels ?

2. There actually is a spirit fire mage meta for arenas and duels. The spirit works by providing more crit through molten armor or just more mana longevity in drawn out fights. For example, with 3/3 Arcane Meditation and 3/3 Pyromaniac, your mana regen is 100% while casting. That's a big deal for fire mages who usually suffer from mana issues in PVP using the standard crit gear, especially if they're unlucky with getting enough crits for a fast game.

This mage's spec has some changes made though. He went Arcane Shielding (probably to benefit from Mage Armor, when it's better to use it to cut magic effects and CC duration in half), which normally we don't. We just stay in Molten Armor, sometimes even with it glyphed, and we just get dispelled by someone, like a disc priest in 2v2/3v3 or a pocket healer/premade healer. Not picking up Burning Determination as well makes fighting shamans or 2 opponents with interrupts abit more difficult.

To finally answer your question, yes that spec is good for BGs and Duels.

3. There actually is a spirit fire mage meta for arenas and duels. The spirit works by providing more crit through molten armor or just more mana longevity in drawn out fights. For example, with 3/3 Arcane Meditation and 3/3 Pyromaniac, your mana regen is 100% while casting. That's a big deal for fire mages who usually suffer from mana issues in PVP using the standard crit gear, especially if they're unlucky with getting enough crits for a fast game.

This mage's spec has some changes made though. He went Arcane Shielding (probably to benefit from Mage Armor, when it's better to use it to cut magic effects and CC duration in half), which normally we don't. We just stay in Molten Armor, sometimes even with it glyphed, and we just get dispelled by someone, like a disc priest in 2v2/3v3 or a pocket healer/premade healer. Not picking up Burning Determination as well makes fighting shamans or 2 opponents with interrupts abit more difficult.

Thanks alot for the answer !

4. Hi, i am new to Fire PVP so i wanna ask some questions about the bis gear mainly for BGs and duels.
    Yesterday there was a 1v1 tournaments i just checked that the 3rd place is taken by a fire mage.
    as u see he is stacking on spirit, on all guides i have red there was nothing mentioned about the spirit and its benefir with molten armor.
    I'm that mage, I was close to win the semifinal to got at least 2nd place, but I made a mistake and lose haha.

I have some pieces of gear that I usually change depending on what I face on duels, and the trinkets, to have a good mix between resilience, crit, MP5 and sometimes haste.

That build is specificaly made for me to play alone (duels or not premade bg), thats why I have Arcane Shielding 2/2, when I need to use mana shield I dont wanna oom in 2 seconds, and I play around with that trinkets or double Solace and some pve pieces with crit + spirit.

The key on this spec, is to know when to switch between armours to reduce a cc, to slow meles/reduce damage taken or go burst mode. As I have high mp5, I can keep switching without problems.

If you take a look on my second talent spec and glyps, thats a build to go to arenas/bg with a healer (idoneal its Dpriest because of dispells), so I dont need evocation and can focus on more crit. There is a screenshot on my stats when I play with a good disc: https://imgur.com/a/HnnfM9W

Feel free to ask me whatever, I'm not a pro, but have been playing fire for ages.

There actually is a spirit fire mage meta for arenas and duels. The spirit works by providing more crit through molten armor or just more mana longevity in drawn out fights. For example, with 3/3 Arcane Meditation and 3/3 Pyromaniac, your mana regen is 100% while casting. That's a big deal for fire mages who usually suffer from mana issues in PVP using the standard crit gear, especially if they're unlucky with getting enough crits for a fast game.

I like to just swap armorus when need it (to a death coil or repentance for example), and sometimes its important to just keep mage armor as fire (fighting dks or hunters for me is a must).

Burning determination for me is a waste, as I usualy fake silences well enought to not get catched and fire mages dont need to cast so much anyway. If you are not used to fake or are new at fire, sure, u can take it.

Anyway, it just depends on your playstile and prefferences, the important thing as fire is the fun of it!

5. I'm that mage, I was close to win the semifinal to got at least 2nd place, but I made a mistake and lose haha.

I have some pieces of gear that I usually change depending on what I face on duels, and the trinkets, to have a good mix between resilience, crit, MP5 and sometimes haste.

That build is specificaly made for me to play alone (duels or not premade bg), thats why I have Arcane Shielding 2/2, when I need to use mana shield I dont wanna oom in 2 seconds, and I play around with that trinkets or double Solace and some pve pieces with crit + spirit.

The key on this spec, is to know when to switch between armours to reduce a cc, to slow meles/reduce damage taken or go burst mode. As I have high mp5, I can keep switching without problems.

If you take a look on my second talent spec and glyps, thats a build to go to arenas/bg with a healer (idoneal its Dpriest because of dispells), so I dont need evocation and can focus on more crit. There is a screenshot on my stats when I play with a good disc: https://imgur.com/a/HnnfM9W

Feel free to ask me whatever, I'm not a pro, but have been playing fire for ages.

I like to just swap armorus when need it (to a death coil or repentance for example), and sometimes its important to just keep mage armor as fire (fighting dks or hunters for me is a must).

Burning determination for me is a waste, as I usualy fake silences well enought to not get catched and fire mages dont need to cast so much anyway. If you are not used to fake or are new at fire, sure, u can take it.

Anyway, it just depends on your playstile and prefferences, the important thing as fire is the fun of it!
    I see, thanks for the detailed explanation to both of you ! I will try with your gear and spec :D, just fast question cuz cant catch you online how much crit you have on the first spec (passive and fire crit)

6. If I remove points from Burning Determination, would it be better to go 2/3 World in Flames and 1/3 Improved Scorch (for the debuff only) because we don't cast so much?

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/talents

Even though fakecasting is definitely pro, the talent has some uses, especially in soloque: you can bait interrupts and silences on purpose when it's not really your burst moment yet, so you'll be immune to it later when you're ready to go. In BGs and duels the talent is of less value ofcourse.

Will work on changing mage/molten armors, haven't been doing that a lot... Thanks!

7. If I remove points from Burning Determination, would it be better to go 2/3 World in Flames and 1/3 Improved Scorch (for the debuff only) because we don't cast so much?

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/talents

Even though fakecasting is definitely pro, the talent has some uses, especially in soloque: you can bait interrupts and silences on purpose when it's not really your burst moment yet, so you'll be immune to it later when you're ready to go. In BGs and duels the talent is of less value ofcourse.

Will work on changing mage/molten armors, haven't been doing that a lot... Thanks!
    Just for that, if you put 3/3 on Improved Scorch its a 5% more crit guaranteed at first Scorch you cast, instead of only 33% chance of get it :P

I was thinking on put 3/3 in Word in Flames instead of that but finally I didn't because is not hard to cast scorch sometimes and moreover it puts another debuff.

The Burning Determination talent has his uses and strenghs (mostly on 3s or Bgs), but I would choose other talents before this even if I had more. The only situation where I would use it is on 3s against Lock Shaman X / Mage Shaman X.
    Edited: April 11, 2020

8. Hi, i am new to Fire PVP so i wanna ask some questions about the bis gear mainly for BGs and duels.
    Is there any videos on yt or twitch of those tournaments?

I would like to see them.

9. There actually is a spirit fire mage meta for arenas and duels. The spirit works by providing more crit through molten armor or just more mana longevity in drawn out fights. For example, with 3/3 Arcane Meditation and 3/3 Pyromaniac, your mana regen is 100% while casting. That's a big deal for fire mages who usually suffer from mana issues in PVP using the standard crit gear, especially if they're unlucky with getting enough crits for a fast game.

So he was using Molten armor in that tour or not?

Also, in bgs which armor u usually run with and when to switch?

10. I'm that mage, I was close to win the semifinal to got at least 2nd place, but I made a mistake and lose haha.

I have some questions mate :)

First, is there any videos of these tournaments from warmane?

Second, why the staff and muradin trinket, why not 1h+oh and some other trinket?

Third, how you deal with the hunters?

4th, who was the 2nd and 1st?

Also if Im right, from the last duel tour, paladins were banned?
    Edited: April 13, 2020

11. As we're going the spirit route, the heroic LK25HC staff or Wrathful T2 staff nets us more spirit than using LK25HC sword + Wrathful spirit offhand.
    Using a staff also gives better defensive stats (stamina and resilience) compared to using 1h+oh. Honestly the difference is small, it won't affect your gameplay that much. Having the option to weapon swap is great as well in arenas when you're not getting tunnelled.

Against hunters, if you have pillars, just DoT and hide. If he shows himself, try to land Dragon's Breath on both him and his pet. You can predict his burst and Iceblock the Chimera Shot while it's in the air or when Rapid Fire is up. Letting the pet proc your runspeed is useful but don't let it stick on you too much as it depletes your mana. In an open field, stay close to prevent some of their abilities and force Scatter Shot which they use to get away distance rather than as an interrupt, blink to catch up with disengages and it's all good.

12. I have some questions mate :)

First, is there any videos of these tournaments from warmane?

Second, why the staff and muradin trinket, why not 1h+oh and some other trinket?

Third, how you deal with the hunters?

4th, who was the 2nd and 1st?

Also if Im right, from the last duel tour, paladins were banned?

As we're going the spirit route, the heroic LK25HC staff or Wrathful T2 staff nets us more spirit than using LK25HC sword + Wrathful spirit offhand.
    Using a staff also gives better defensive stats (stamina and resilience) compared to using 1h+oh. Honestly the difference is small, it won't affect your gameplay that much. Having the option to weapon swap is great as well in arenas when you're not getting tunnelled.

Against hunters, if you have pillars, just DoT and hide. If he shows himself, try to land Dragon's Breath on both him and his pet. You can predict his burst and Iceblock the Chimera Shot while it's in the air or when Rapid Fire is up. Letting the pet proc your runspeed is useful but don't let it stick on you too much as it depletes your mana. In an open field, stay close to prevent some of their abilities and force Scatter Shot which they use to get away distance rather than as an interrupt, blink to catch up with disengages and it's all good.
    Weapon choice is just up to you. I mean, if you need more resilience, the best option it always will be 1h (crit one)+ oh (spirit one), you are gonna lose a bit of mp5 but not enough to be a problem, and you are gonna win +SP and even the option to buy too the oh with spell penetration and switch weapons depending on what you face.

If you don't need the resilience, you have 2 options. 1h pve (crit + haste) and oh pvp (spirit/spell pen) to have more SP at a cost of spirit, or 2h staff (spirit haste one). I use the last option (spirit + haste one) because on 2v arenas I use sometimes too the haste trinket (the 183 one), so with only 2 items I get enough haste to cast fast Polymorph, and for me its worth the lose of resilience/crit for that.

Trinket-wise, I have 3 options usually:
    - Double crit trinket: mostly for fast duels, or arenas when the burst matters. In that case, the obvious first choice is Phylactery, and the second choice its Muradin for me.

- Double Solace: mostly for duels where mana matters so much or for arenas with healer against set ups that can turtle or you need to spam Spell Steal a lot or get burned. With double solace, its just impossible to get oom.

- Trinket haste + crit one or Solace one: Only usefull for me if you have the 2h pve staff with spirit + haste, to land polys easier and shorter GCD.

Against hunter, it may sounds dumb for someone, but I always use Mage Armor, to reduce to a half the duration of Silence of hunt. If you don't do this, you will always have to use IceBlock on silence or die. It helps too to reduce some damage, as most hunters don't use spell penetration (that means, reduced damage on viper, arc shoot and chimera). Always as much resilience as u can. The basics are get close to hunter with translation/blazzing speed when procs, nova him (you only will use BlastWave on nova or against a wall), cone of cold, and that thinks to keep him close. Don't waste IceBlock if he is dissarmed with your proc. Don't insta cast your HS proc or he will deterrence/fd/smeld it.

In a duel, they usually will start on you with scatter, if they are in range, I usually just trinket + Dragons Breath (try to get the pet if possible too) to win the momentum phase, and be able to cast a Living Bomb on hunter no matters what he does. Rest of the duel it depends, when he uses deterrence, you can try to poly the pet but a good hunter will use detterence to avoid some spell and use cancelaura or win some distance and use cancelaura, so I usually just use Living Bomb on pet too in a hope for HotStreak or damage the hunter too with final tick.

Against good hunters, I usually save IB as much as I can, if first Living Bomb its over, and I can recast a second one on hunter, and use IceBlock after that, its usually a win. If not, its usually a lose. Against bad hunters, they and their pet dies with no problem with dissarms, impact and that things. If you get a good RNG, you will kill the hunter easy with procs, with bad rng, harder times will come.

The key is not run in panic because ur hp, I preffer to take a full chimera shot damage, but have Iceblock ready for second Living Bomb round and keep with it the 10 full seconds while damaging hunter, than avoid 8k hit once (ofc, if they are at 30y, with procs, rapid fire and you are stunned/silenced/traped, use IB xD). With los just dot and hide.

I hope that wall of text I just have wrotten helps you. Sorry for that "english", not my native language.

13. Thanks both of you guys for the replies :)

Also KSTX, who was 2nd and 1st at that tournament?

14. Wow switching from blood/uh hybrid dk to fire mage, damn im squishy xD running with solace hc, and some mixed talent for mana reg im oom constantly

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ckrock/summary

Dunno if I should go with mage armor or put some more talents in mana reg while casting.

As frost its really easier to survive but not much fun to play. SM platers just rekting me, and rogues.

12 Last