1. Any Tips on getting geared up once level 80? Icecrown and on Lordearon

I hit 80 recently and haven't been able to que up for northrend heroics cause i'm not geared enough apparently. Any tips? Thanks.

2. You have the option to farm reputations, as they can reward you with 200ilvl gear.. If you are really missing on some items, there is always the option to buy them in AH.. They are pretty cheap tbh.. Best regards!

3. Yeah you need to start with RDF normal, not jump straight to Heroic.
    While waiting in queue for RDF you should quest at the reputation factions, "Ebon blade, Wyrmrest Accord, Kirin Tor, Frenzyheart tribe/ Oracles, Argent Crusade" They offer gear to start your 80 journey with.
    Most of the people like to jump straight to FoS and PoS when they dinged 80 but it's not gonna work unless you have people who can carry you.

4. You can start with a mix of some furious/wrathfull pieces/off set (do weekly quest of Wintergrasp, daily BG...etc) they have high GS for starting gearing up so you can hit HCs sooner, and some blues from AH if you have gold enough (not high recommended cause prices are like omg) or just farm normals and some reputation just like people said above.

P.D: You need around 3.5k G.S to join RHC without Heirlooms, this is cause even if it has a gearscore seems like the game does not recognize the item level being level 80 (atleast this happened to me with my mage)
    Edited: April 12, 2020

5. Just farm gold by doing quests for reputation or by getting a gathering profession. When you make enough gold get yourself some rare/epic items from AH and do the RDF HC.