1. Ridiculous Standards in PUG Raids

In play on Icecrwon. My alt is a Warlock. He has some items bought via AH and a weapon bought from the Warmane store. The last item I bought was gloves from the Emblem of Triumph vendor. He has no need doe Emblems of Triumph at this point; he needs gear that can be purchased with Emblems of Frost or drops from ICC. He is fully gemmed and enchanted with fairly high-level enchants.

His GearScore is 5.3k.

I have yet to find a PUG that will take him. The majority of PUGs ask for 5.5k GS. The one raid I got accepted in had inspections at Violet Hold. The RL inspected me and kicked me without a word.

Now, you may ask why I don't raid with my Guild. My Guild hosts two weekly ICC10N raids. I sign up for them every week - with my Main (a5.8k Moonkin Druid) and my first alt (a 5.5k Arcane Mage). Our guild has so many raiders that my characters sometimes are passed over for other raiders, but we don't quite have the numbers to host three weekly ICC10N raids.

So I am stuck. I have a toon I've spent a lot of time (and some money) gearing up that I can not do anything with. The scores being asked for require gear from the places he's inelligable to raid, according to the Icecrown community at large. In fact, many of the PUG raids ask for Gear Scores that would only allow characters who don't need anything from the raid being advertised.

So what am I supposed to do with this character I love playing? Shelve him indefinitely? Wait until I've geared up my Main and first Alt and wait for my guild to be big and powerful enough to form a raid group for tertiary alts? If taht's the case, I'll become a Raid Logger, since I have no need to do anything with these characters but raid. I'm not into Acheivements or "exploring" an already well-known world. So what does the Icecrown community suggest, besides some toxic response like "Suck it up" or "Quit yer *****ing"?

2. Pug raids expect players to be complete trash, so they ask for high gs to compensate for their lack of skill. That's just the reality of situation. No one will want to get unknow players with no echievment and low gear and risk ****ing up his weekly raid ID. Best advice i can give you is form your own group, or come with your alt on few guild runs instead of your main so you get to 5.5GS.

3. You can always first try to look for answers within yourself rather than finding fault in the community or the system. You've started threads on World PVP and now PVE too?

You can resolve your problems by:

1. Making/Hosting your own raid on /global
    2. Speak to an Officer or your Guild Master on this issue the guild is facing, and perhaps offer to host guildruns yourself
    3. Take it slow by focusing on your main and just collecting daily and weekly Enblems of Frosts for now, or polishing on up raiding performance professions like max Engineering combined with max JC/BS/Enchanting/Tailoring (depending on your spec). There are also crafted ICC level gear to pick up if you haven't already.
    4. Start your own PVE guild with fine players you can find from other PuG raids or RDF HCs whom you click with and work well together. I'm sure you can find 10 people out of 12000 players online.

and yes, 5. your perspective of things is affecting your gameplay.

4. You need a better guild, man. Doing ICC10 normal with 5.5K+ GS is a giant waste of time.

5. 1. Make your own raids
    2. Find a guild.

It's only easy with this. Otherwise you will almost never level up. People require 5.5 for toc25 + heroic achievement. Then require, 5.8 for icc10 NM run, 6.3 for Icc25 with few herois. Yeah its biased but that's the life here.

And no, no leader will take you if you have achievement, say you know tactics,etc. but have gear score little less than the requirement. It's just bull****.

6. Make your own raid with requirement you think is ok, soon you'll find that so many rets/dks/warriors at 5k use caster legs/waist and shoulders just to push GS and do absolute dog **** dps.
    Leaders assume everyone is a complete moron and ask for higher gear to compensate for that. They're mostly right to do that.

And idk where Overloard99's been playing, but I've gotten into 5.8k+ raids with 5.6k chars with achievements since pretty much forever, even linking it from main works pretty often.

7. If you have 0 ICC25 achieves and nothing beyond "storming the citadel" you will basically be written off as incompetent regardless of what you have. And if you are invited its because the raid lead is only in it for the BoEs and primo reservations so they would invite any warm body. So in other words you need at least a 6 boss clear in order to apply for an entry level position into a pug. :)
    Edited: April 12, 2020

8. Make your own raid with requirement you think is ok, soon you'll find that so many rets/dks/warriors at 5k use caster legs/waist and shoulders just to push GS and do absolute dog **** dps.
    Leaders assume everyone is a complete moron and ask for higher gear to compensate for that. They're mostly right to do that.

And idk where Overloard99's been playing, but I've gotten into 5.8k+ raids with 5.6k chars with achievements since pretty much forever, even linking it from main works pretty often.
    It works in 2/10 times. Otherwise most will just not reply or anything. And yeah that has been happening on both horde/alliance.

9. It's like walking into garbage dump and being surprised it smells.

10. Make your own raid with requirement you think is ok, soon you'll find that so many rets/dks/warriors at 5k use caster legs/waist and shoulders just to push GS and do absolute dog **** dps.

Before I started making my own, half the raids I got into on Icecrown (alliance) had multiple people in it below the gearscore requirement pretty much since the leader started making it. I found out that's a sign that the raid is going to go south since the leader was already making exceptions from the start. Also, it's in everyone's best interest to at least learn stuff like stat priority about all of the classes, that way you can tell it's not going to be a good raid when a leader is taking ret paladins gemming attack power and your heals are a holy paladin and resto shaman wearing mostly gear with spirit on it.

Knowing your own class, making your own raid, and being selective in who you take is the best way to go about pugs on this server if you arent doing guild raids.