1. Why does Warmane promote ganking?

I really would like to know why ganking is being promoted? Me and my girlfriend decided to try out WOTLK, since neither of us have played it. She, in particular, is not really a gamer. So the thing is, we enjoy doing quests. I completely understand that this is a PVP server and that world PVP is a thing. However, there's a PVP flag for a reason. When I used to play Classic and TBC in the day, when you turned it off, all players of the opposing factions became yellow, and to them - you were neutral. That was the case at least if you were 10+ levels below them. Now if you decided to attack them, then they could kill you. But what I see in this server is that this flag does absolutely nothing and one could not even take the quest before the dark portal, because there are level 80s one shotting level 58s. Not to mention that questing in Outland and Borean Tundra is a complete nightmare. We have had to quit the game multiple times, because we couldn't even get to the quest giver, or he was killed by hordes.

As I said, I understand PVP servers. but being ganked to the point that you are unable to play, how is that entising new players to join? I see people getting banned for ninja looting, but griefing is OK? Do I have to go to the horde starting area and kill low levels and quest givers 24/7 until it gets your attention and makes you do something about it?

2. Removing the flag does make you neutral in the friendly territory.
    This is a PvP server, not PvE one.

Ganking has increased since corona outbreak mainly because players like you joined it. There's a load of lowbies now so gankers are having their fill. You're welcome to go counter-gank. Nobody will care and it won't draw anyone's attention like you think it will.
    The rules will not change. It's a PvP realm - ganking is allowed, NPC killing is allowed.

You can either tolerate it or leave. Those are your options.

3. It works as intended. You can only turn off PvP in cities and starting areas. It has nothing to do with your or the other players level.

4. Thanks for the replies, I did not reallize that this is how it worked. But ok, I guess I'll have to go ruin other player's fun as well, I can now see that this is the Warmane way.

5. It's Blizzard's way on PvP servers, which are what we host.