1. Option to disable cross realm PvP

This should be added to the players setting, for WotLK, just like mercenary mode and transmog are.

I'm sure the staff are tired off hearing complaints about cross realm bgs/areans, just as much as the players are of the problems caused by cross realm pvp.

But for those that are new, basically people from all 3 WotLK realms (soon 4?) get put into the same BGs and Arena...This is very bad for a number of reasons but mainly because their are huge differences in gear between the 3 realms, and PvP skill set. If I wanted to play with people from another realm, I'd join that realm. This is especially a problem lately since Lorderon and Icecrown are always full, people make new characters on Blackrock with no experience, wrong gear, and then just afk as well...Totally killing the PvP experience for everyone else in the BG/arena.

Make it at least optional, not mandatory (I only want to play with people from my realm, that is why I selected it).

2. I won't lie , that is a good idea, I would want to play on Lordareon then, if i only have to face people that have to work hard for their gear instead of just buying all like those chumps on icecrown, yea, Our Bg times will be like 15minutes before he got into a fight. But I think Lord does have enough players to support it. It's just messed up that they have to face people that can just buy gear with their credit cards, like what is this ****? battle of the credit cards? can we please just have a spot where we just use our skills to win?Like be honest with yourself, what do you expect Lordaeron people to do against icecown and black rock players? Play this game for a million years?, have a heart. I mean, sorry if I sound out of line, but i will never beable to understand the logic behind that, Ok, so you make people who can't buy gear fight people who can.. You must be a special kind of stupid, Sorry If that comes off as rude, but then explain to me the logic behind that., Maybe iIam missing something here. Let Lord people vote on it, and see what they all say about it. Let them turn cross realm off, even if it means they have to wait 20 minutes to get into a battle ground, It won't matter anyways , because as it stands now, they can't do much to a showdowmorne weilding chump anyways. So maybe it will be more fun if they just wait and fight people on their own gear level. Like damn, i wish when i was playing retail I can just use my credit card and buy all the best gear in the game, and kick everyone's ***. You want to have a game where people are on even ground or not? I hate that way of gaming, when my credit card makes me win, It just makes me feel cheap like I don't really have skill, only my credit card has all the skill.
    Edited: April 11, 2020

3. (and oh i forgot) But to those who are going to say then roll blackrock tard..... can I get BiS on blackrock without having to pay for it like I could on IC? I am pretty sure I can't and like I said before... All I want is to be on even ground idc if it takes a long grind.
    Yes you can. You can even quest for shadowmourne and arena gives twice the points, wrathfull cost less and you can even get all raid gear just from arena rating with arena points. So yes. You can definetely reach full max bis in blackrock doing just pvp.

Edit(addition): Donate on blackrock is also cheaper so if all you want to do is pvp its much cheaper to donate on br. I have 4 80 chars on icecrown, 2 on lordaeron and 5 on blackrock and i use blackrock to alternate between specs and classes and have fun just bging. Also in one week you can get easy 6k gs on blackrock just from doing bgs which you cant do on icecrown lol. Just try blackrock you will love it if you love pvp. Also free spec changes, free relentless, free gems, free mats, fish feast for 300 honor, icc25 gear with only 25k and 40k honor. Hell i talked too much, but blackrock is the pvp solution you are searching for you just dont know it yet:P
    Edited: April 11, 2020 Reason: Addition to explanation

4. " blackrock is the pvp solution you are searching for you just dont know it yet:P"

Thanks man!! Admittedly I was just going by some negative stuff I had heard and read about b-rock. Right from the get go when I started playing TBC, PVP was like 80% of my time and focus. I like pve but its a side dish. I always made fun of my friends. You put yer left foot in, you put your left foot out heres comes the fire now everyone sidestep....wooooooo what are we playing virtual square dance simulator or WHAT :D Grab yo partna dosey doh. ahahahah
    After switching from dps to heals I had more of an appreciation and felt alot more challenged.

The other 20% is spent helping others, mining and playing the ah. If I can't spend half my time in bgs then I just kinda burn out. I am going to give blackrock another chance. I won't lie man, I made a toon there then kinda ran around like what in the **** do I do why come I has no gear?? Did a few quick searches online didn't really find what I needed to know. Pretty sure I was baked and was just like **** this **** I'm out.

Anyways thanks again I will def check it out. :D
    ps: had it not been for your (addition) I prolly woulda not listened. Also when I saw someone had replied I was so sure it was gonna be some troll talking ****. LOL Nice to actually get some good info.
    pps: I did meet some good ppls on icecrown its just that that was quickly steamrolled by a bunch of outpatients. If someone who's played for so long and isn't noobtarded can catch so much grief imagine the poor sucker who has a few hrs under his belt.
    Edited: April 12, 2020

5. I like the idea of an option. I would opt out every time. This cross realm crap is another thing that needs to be addressed on this server. PvP has really sucked worse and worse with each new "improvement" we've seen over the past year.

6. @mynamewontfi, I will add some small info on how to start in blackrock since you said you cant find any info and I understand it can be a bit confusing.

When you start your character you are going to be in dalaran sewers which is very populated; spot a naaru in your surroundings and talk to "it", then opt to teleport to ahn qiraj mall area which is a lot less crowded and my favourite spot to chill and experiment. Now in front of you will be a goblin which can make you gear up and talent up on 3(or 2 in some cases) prearranged pvp specs with sets of gear-gems-enchants. Thats fine for the average player but personally i love to create both my spec and gear/gem set up myself.

If you belong to that category you can either build your talents from the start or go to the class trainer goblin located in the left side of the goblin line up in ahn qiraj and learn dual talent specialization or unlearn your current talents. Then head to the starter gear vendor and purchase season 7 pvp and pve gear for free. Take care here because the starting set ups on some classes have solace or dc normal while on the vendor the heroic one is up for sale:P, so just go and grab it for free.

Then comes the pleasant surprises. Nech,back,wrist,boots,belt wrathfull only for 25k honor with NO rating required for boots and belt => gg one third of the spam to get geared.

Icc 25 rings cost 40k honor and trinkets 50k honor which is very cheap considering you can farm dbw in a day:).

After that each piece of gear EXCEPT the pve sanctified(normal) gloves requires arena rating, but its easier to get. I dont remember the exact reqs but i think wrathfull head is at 1800?

Additionally you can get very cheap xmogs from the transmog vendor just by reaching 1600 in arena which is one of the relatively easy places to reach. If you want to learn more just pm me to not spamm the global forum:)

Hope it helps

7. This idea has been suggested many times, but the end result is being the same, declined. Warmane's idea of cross-realm was to bring all the wotlk realm combined together in bgs and arena, so why would they make it optional? Now we will have even the Frostmourne realm join the cross-realm, so let's welcome Frostmourne players to cross-realm when it's launched and ready. Now stop crying about cross-realm, which was by the way a tremendous and incredible idea by Warmane, and start to like playing with it because everything in life is not optional, so the same goes with the game.

P.S : If you don't like cross-realm, nobody is forcing you to play bg or arena, so rather PvE or duel someone within your own realm.

8. @ Greedman45
    thanks man!!! It actually sounds great tbh.. I google warmane blackrock guide and came up with nada zilch!!! kinda weird considering how strange the whole thing is its not like u just gonna login and go oh this makes sense lol

@Stepkid

"Now stop crying about cross-realm"
    says the kid on icecrown with the smourne probably. That or you don't give a rats *** about pvp lol Whats next nobody is forcing you to pve so go roleplay and pick pretty flowers.. lol thanks man you are so helpful!!! We are posting opinions on something that some feel is game breaking for them. You are entitled to your opinion also for sure!! But the whole passive aggressive stop whining thing is pretty lame.

"and start to like playing with it because everything in life is not optional"

lil bossy pants? Do you take after your mom? Technically what you say isn't wrong but you sure come off sounding bossy and egotistical. I really don't think its lost in translation but I kinda hope so! :D

9. "Maybe all the other regions are like this? The whole international server is pretty much the only major difference that I can see. "

10. Give people the option....Great that they implemented it, just don't make it mandatory...How come mercenary mode is optional but cross realm is not? They can't force me to play other faction, but it is mandatory to play against other players from wildly different realm than my own that I did not choice to play on ON PURPOSE....Just weird logic, that is why I brought it up.

Mercenary mode is less destructive (you at least play with people from the same server) and it is optional...Why not make cross realm (which is more destructive) an option. More choice is better for players, right? No huge development effort needed, just another website flag...

11. @Stepkid

"Now stop crying about cross-realm"
    says the kid on icecrown with the smourne probably. That or you don't give a rats *** about pvp lol Whats next nobody is forcing you to pve so go roleplay and pick pretty flowers.. lol thanks man you are so helpful!!! We are posting opinions on something that some feel is game breaking for them. You are entitled to your opinion also for sure!! But the whole passive aggressive stop whining thing is pretty lame.

"and start to like playing with it because everything in life is not optional"

lil bossy pants? Do you take after your mom? Technically what you say isn't wrong but you sure come off sounding bossy and egotistical. I really don't think its lost in translation but I kinda hope so! :D
    You must be the very bad kid from Lordaeron who has around 6k+ gs with no PvP skill whatsoever. What do you expect running around in PvE gear with 0 resilience? I can see you clearly don't like the healthy cross-realm competition with enabled gs bracket bgs, which means you want to farm 3k/4k gs people within your own realm with your 6k+ gs. For this very reason cross-realm was established and won't be made optional.

"lil bossy pants?" - Definitely!

Lordaeron players must adapt and play what Icecrown players want them to play. Icecrown players like me want to play PvP with Blackrock and Lordaeron players, so an excellent feature cross-realm was established. Cross-realm solo queue is another newly introduced amazing feature. Therefore, Lordaeron players must play what Icecrown players insist. If you don't want to take part in PvP, you can either go do some PvE or duel each other within your realm itself.

12. +
    great idea love it!!!!
    Or add mercenary mode to horde !! These icecrown players are all stacked on horde side. Dont let them get what they want they are losers! Camping gy's all day thinking they are someone lmao!! Especially draeneitrash paradok idc gotta trash

13. You must be the very bad kid from Lordaeron who has around 6k+ gs with no PvP skill whatsoever. What do you expect running around in PvE gear with 0 resilience? I can see you clearly don't like the healthy cross-realm competition with enabled gs bracket bgs, which means you want to farm 3k/4k gs people within your own realm with your 6k+ gs. For this very reason cross-realm was established and won't be made optional.

Lordaeron players must adapt and play what Icecrown players want them to play. Icecrown players like me want to play PvP with Blackrock and Lordaeron players, so an excellent feature cross-realm was established. Cross-realm solo queue is another newly introduced amazing feature. Therefore, Lordaeron players must play what Icecrown players insist. If you don't want to take part in PvP, you can either go do some PvE or duel each other within your realm itself.
    Good luck if you ever step away from your computer and head into the real world with this kind of attitude, you'll need it. Painfully obvious you are under 25 and part of the entitled, self-obsessed 'have a medal for finishing last at sports day' group. I pity you.

14. You must be the very bad kid from Lordaeron who has around 6k+ gs with no PvP skill whatsoever. What do you expect running around in PvE gear with 0 resilience? I can see you clearly don't like the healthy cross-realm competition with enabled gs bracket bgs, which means you want to farm 3k/4k gs people within your own realm with your 6k+ gs. For this very reason cross-realm was established and won't be made optional.

Imagine being this entitled and self-centred.

123 ... Last