1. Interested Returning Player

Hey all,

I've spent loads of time on Warmane between the different WoTLK servers available and after taking a short break to play the release of Classic Wow, I am considering coming back to WoTLK. I would likely join Lordaeron with the 1x rates and limited shop options since it is much more 'retail' than Icecrown.

I see that the population is still very high, around 10.5k at the time of writing this which is great! My only concern is, am I too late to join as a 'new' player? Is there still a large amount of people leveling and running dungeons, etc along the way. What is it like for a fresh level 80 on this server? Is everyone already decked out in BIS gear and just farming ICC and RS or are there still people progressing through content?

The thing I disliked most about Icecrown was that most players would hit level 80 and immediately get ~5k gs through the cash shop, buying gold, BOEs from alts, etc. That makes a lot of the progression content completely obsolete, and farming ICC once a week can get old relatively fast.

2. My only concern is, am I too late to join as a 'new' player?
    Nope, it's not.
    Is there still a large amount of people leveling and running dungeons, etc along the way.
    Dungeons are still active, even more so now that corona forced people to stay home.
    What is it like for a fresh level 80 on this server? Is everyone already decked out in BIS gear and just farming ICC and RS or are there still people progressing through content?
    If you mean Naxx and Ulduar - no. Running them is a waste of time considering you can buff your gs with ICC dungeons, which are active. There's still ToC runs fairly frequently but as you could've guessed a lot of people are doing ICC and RS. ICC and RS aren't "farmed" as they are in Iceclown since the increased difficulty but they aren't impossible and a good pug can clear 10/12 ICC 25 or more if you get decent people with a lot of time.