1. Changes to the BG que system need to be revamped.

Hi,

these new changes are an absolute disgrace and 0 thought has been put into it obviously.

It used to be from 0 - around 4.4k GS (not the deciding factor i know, but still around that), and then from 4.5k GS - 6.8k GS, which wasnt perfect but absolutely fine for most players.
    You had a range of players in every BG that you were able to compete with, acceptable Que times for both brackets and people that donated 284 weapons could be matched by having some GS-space to outgear them with other pieces of gear, besides weapons.

Now with the new Brackets going somewhere from 0 - 3k GS (guildy cant que anymore after hitting 2.8k GS with fresh 80 LOL) and from 3k GS - 6.8k GS.

Every player that just buys 264 gear from the auction house because its really cheap, and else still is in leveling gear, will get into BG's with players mostly above 6k+ GS.

This will have major downsides, which overshadow any benefit (probably the intention behind the changes were not scaring of new players from Frostmourne who aren't able to get better gear for now)

1. Que times are UNBEARABLE right now, it's more common to get 20+ min ques than getting que pops after LESS than 10 minutes. Absolutely horrible.
    This will get better for a while, due to many players from Frostmourne hitting lvl 80 soon, but on the long run will be a massive problem again.

2. Players that reach 3k GS will have 0 fun grinding their PvP gear, cause they get oneshotted by everyone literally every single BG (Bgs now consist usually of 3-4 low GS players and the rest has 6k or more, so theres no competition between low geared players).

3. This will lead to a) unbalanced teams (Team A has 5 low GS players, Team B just 1 sometimes)
    b) MASS AFK-ing from low geared players (which was basically gone)
    and ultimately c) less players leveling new characters (-->less donations, even less players queing for lower bracket)

These changes don't add any value at all to the BG que system, but make THOUSANDS of players gaming experience tremendously worse.

There are multiple ways to address this issue, and I would like to discuss this a bit further by giving a few incentives.

My humble advice would be:

-Open another bracket for players from gear range 3k GS - 5k GS, which would FOR NOW exclude Frostmourne players, due to their gear limitations.
    -Make it so that players that "overgeared" slightly, can delete their gear again and farm their offparts/furious set with players in their gear range.
    -Most importantly, keep on observing the impact of your changes, find ways to alter the downsides of these changes and adjust if neccessary.
    -LISTEN TO FEEDBACK from your playerbase, its them who are bearing the consequences, not you. Maybe even go so far to explain yourself on what brought you to make these changes. HUNDREDS of people that I've spoken to who are new players thought that this is a Bug, because it's so utterly counterproductive.

There was a report on the Bugtracker for this and the response after dismissing it was more or less just:
    "Its no bug, we changed it."

Sorry, but thats not how to handle things. If your changes are so questionable that people think its a bug, you might need to overthink them.

Que times for High GS bgs are more or less instant 24/7 so its not taking a toll on que times in any way.

Whatever it is that you'd change, it would not make it any worse, because it can not get ANY worse than it is right now. I have spoken to an abundance of players that share this opinion and your community don't deserve any of these changes. They are straight up horrible.

Best regards.
    Edited: April 17, 2020 Reason: typos, grammar etc.

2. So you telling me that they fixed the brackets? Now it is 0-3000 // 3000-6800???
    That is absolutelly stupid, but is it that way?

3. its somewhere around that, yes.

my fresh 80 druid got kicked out today with 2.9k gs, a guildy of mine even with 2.8k gs.

its nearly impossible to end IoC or AV, every game is 40 mins+.

4. so i was right and they did force me into the high bracket to get one shotted. i deleted wow. hello darkness my old friend.... back to my depression/suicidality i guess.

5. Late yesterday a new Devlog was posted by the Warmane team, I don't know if this is a direct response to players complaints, or just a coincidence but either way this is just as bad as not explaining anything.

-"Our new realm Frostmourne is part of our crossrealm system. There are a few changes we made to ensure things remain fair though.

Level 80 Players from Frostmourne are automatically placed in the 'lowgear' battleground bracket. Players from Icecrown and Lordaeron can also play in this bracket if they qualify. There are certain limitations on gear to keep an even playing field. Any player which has progressed past the current Frostmourne status, will NOT be placed in this bracket. This includes gear in bags, bank, and so on. These limitations will be changed as Frostmourne progresses through the expansion."-

You want to ensure things remain fair? Obviously they are not. Or do you mean "fair" for Frostmourne players only?

This Patch progress on the new Server will take MONTHS, until then people from all 3 other Servers can't enjoy BG's like they used to, this is absolutely unacceptable imo. This does not address ANY of the problems that occured because of these very changes.

"Any player which has progressed past the current Frostmourne status, will NOT be placed in this bracket."

This means, that ANY piece of gear above iLvL 200 in ANY slot will kick you out of the low bracket.

PoS farm for fast gear? - Forget it
    Buying gear for Emblems? - Forget it
    Buying cheap 213+ Items from AH? - guess what? Forget it

These limitations are so strict, its virtually impossible to get into this Bracket if you are not from Frostmourne.
    You basically stripped the lower Bracket from Lordaeron and Icecrown without any compensation, while also interfering with the high Bracket. (WAY more afk players, unbalanced teams etc.)

It's no wonder that AVERAGE!!! que time is 22 Minutes literally every single BG that i played so far in the new Bracket.

Once again I urge you to finally address this problem and not make some arrogant Devlog that doesn't say anything but what people know already, and are already complaining about.

Greetings.
    Edited: April 18, 2020

6. thanks for the info... and i am pissed... time to go play some new games.

7. Late yesterday a new Devlog was posted by the Warmane team, I don't know if this is a direct response to players complaints, or just a coincidence but either way this is just as bad as not explaining anything.

-"Our new realm Frostmourne is part of our crossrealm system. There are a few changes we made to ensure things remain fair though.

Level 80 Players from Frostmourne are automatically placed in the 'lowgear' battleground bracket. Players from Icecrown and Lordaeron can also play in this bracket if they qualify. There are certain limitations on gear to keep an even playing field. Any player which has progressed past the current Frostmourne status, will NOT be placed in this bracket. This includes gear in bags, bank, and so on. These limitations will be changed as Frostmourne progresses through the expansion."-

You want to ensure things remain fair? Obviously they are not. Or do you mean "fair" for Frostmourne players only?

This Patch progress on the new Server will take MONTHS, until then people from all 3 other Servers can't enjoy BG's like they used to, this is absolutely unacceptable imo. This does not address ANY of the problems that occured because of these very changes.

"Any player which has progressed past the current Frostmourne status, will NOT be placed in this bracket."

This means, that ANY piece of gear above iLvL 200 in ANY slot will kick you out of the low bracket.

PoS farm for fast gear? - Forget it
    Buying gear for Emblems? - Forget it
    Buying cheap 213+ Items from AH? - guess what? Forget it

These limitations are so strict, its virtually impossible to get into this Bracket if you are not from Frostmourne.
    You basically stripped the lower Bracket from Lordaeron and Icecrown without any compensation, while also interfering with the high Bracket. (WAY more afk players, unbalanced teams etc.)

It's no wonder that AVERAGE!!! que time is 22 Minutes literally every single BG that i played so far in the new Bracket.

Once again I urge you to finally address this problem and not make some arrogant Devlog that doesn't say anything but what people know already, and are already complaining about.

Greetings.
    First of all, you must be grateful to Warmane for introducing the GS bracket system, rather than blaming them for it. If GS bracket system was not introduced by Warmane, then even a 3k gs would be put vs 6k+ gs folks.

Second of all, you are just exaggerating the bg queue time for the brackets. The bracket queue time that I play takes average of 30 seconds to 1 minute for the queue to pop ever since cross-realm was introduced.

Finally, now even Frostmourne is part of cross-realm the queue time for lower brackets have also greatly worked out, being lower brackets have to wait even less time in queue.

With that being said, Warmane has done an excellent and fantastic job overall.
    Edited: April 18, 2020

8. First of all, you must be grateful to Warmane for introducing the GS bracket system, rather than blaming them for it. If GS bracket system was not introduced by Warmane, then even a 3k gs would be put vs 6k+ gs folks.

Second of all, you are just exaggerating the bg queue time for the brackets. The bracket queue time that I play takes average of 30 seconds to 1 minute for the queue to pop ever since cross-realm was introduced.

Finally, now even Frostmourne is part of cross-realm the queue time for lower brackets have also greatly worked out, being lower brackets have to wait even less time in queue.

With that being said, Warmane has done an excellent and fantastic job overall.
    Man are u paid to talk that nonsense? In every f*****g post about bg brackets, you are there to leave some stupid comment. This **** with frostmourne is not playable at all, not only for 3k gs players but for all who came to bg to win. You simply cant win with 2-3 guys with 4k gs in team. I played a couple of Warsong Gulch's with 2-3 undergeared OF 10 PLAYERS. ITS IMSPOSSIBLE TO WIN. Huge nonsense from warmane staff

9. Man are u paid to talk that nonsense? In every f*****g post about bg brackets, you are there to leave some stupid comment. This **** with frostmourne is not playable at all, not only for 3k gs players but for all who came to bg to win. You simply cant win with 2-3 guys with 4k gs in team. I played a couple of Warsong Gulch's with 2-3 undergeared OF 10 PLAYERS. ITS IMSPOSSIBLE TO WIN. Huge nonsense from warmane staff
    Hes trying to become moderator or something... just ignore the troll.

10. @ stepkid, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about, and you didnt read what i wrote either 100%.

they didn't introduce anything new, i even said that low GS BGs are one of the best additions ever made to this server, same for crossrealm even.

long que times are just in the NEW lower bracket.

high gs bracket is STILL almost instant, as i said MULTIPLE times now, jeez.

before it was like this:

low BG's (0-4.4k gs) had between 2-6 minutes que average

high bgs were 1-2 mins max.

now its:

low Bgs (0-2.8k gs) has AVERAGE que of 22 minutes, i tried to get in all day long yesterday.

high Bgs still almost instant.

you are referring to high bgs, with what you say about que times, and also say that i should be grateful for "introducin low gs bgs".

They DID NOT INTRODUCE low GS bgs, they CHANGED the low Gs bg que system.

Would still love an official response from Warmane Staff, be it moderator dev GM or whoever, as this is bugging not hundreds, but thousands of players.

Greetings, and pls for gods sake learn to read before posting nonsense.

11. @ stepkid, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about, and you didnt read what i wrote either 100%.

They didn't introduce anything new, i even said that low gs bgs are one of the best additions ever made to this server, same for crossrealm even.

Long que times are just in the new lower bracket.

High gs bracket is still almost instant, as i said multiple times now, jeez.

Before it was like this:

Low bg's (0-4.4k gs) had between 2-6 minutes que average

high bgs were 1-2 mins max.

Now its:

Low bgs (0-2.8k gs) has average que of 22 minutes, i tried to get in all day long yesterday.

High bgs still almost instant.

You are referring to high bgs, with what you say about que times, and also say that i should be grateful for "introducin low gs bgs".

They did not introduce low gs bgs, they changed the low gs bg que system.

Would still love an official response from warmane staff, be it moderator dev gm or whoever, as this is bugging not hundreds, but thousands of players.

Greetings, and pls for gods sake learn to read before posting nonsense.
    idk why moderators are not replying ???!!

12. Because they have more important things than these boring posts?
    Bracket may have moved due to Frostmourne and them not having access to higher gear like other realms do. You can be "2.8k" with BIS trinkets, and Frostmourne players will be running around with quest trinkets.
    It's only been a few days, give them some time to "fix" or rework that as they are probably aware it's annoying palyers.
    No need to open up n+1 thread about how this is KILLING THE BG SYSTEM because it isn't. Sad truth is that nobody gives a flying **** about low BGs except for twinks with SMs. You'll be out of that bracket in about 2 days. If you're still in the low bracket, I'd suggest you move on to candy crush.

13. Because they have more important things than these boring posts?
    Bracket may have moved due to Frostmourne and them not having access to higher gear like other realms do. You can be "2.8k" with BIS trinkets, and Frostmourne players will be running around with quest trinkets.
    It's only been a few days, give them some time to "fix" or rework that as they are probably aware it's annoying palyers.
    No need to open up n+1 thread about how this is KILLING THE BG SYSTEM because it isn't. Sad truth is that nobody gives a flying **** about low BGs except for twinks with SMs. You'll be out of that bracket in about 2 days. If you're still in the low bracket, I'd suggest you move on to candy crush.
    Bad post. You can contribute to solve the problem.

14. @dolcokid

wow these posts are so boring that you had to write multiple posts in literally every thread regarding this topic *facepalm*

theres 100 ways to "fix" this problem, even without opening a 3rd bracket.

the issue is that seemingly the staff rather rubs salt into complainants wounds by posting nonsense-devlogs, instead of making this an open discussion, or at least explain their motivation behind these changes.

they say there that they changed it to "make it fair for everyone", but if this was really their honest intention then they massively 101% failed.

you say that no one gives a f about low bgs, while completely ignoring everything i said in my first post lol.

its also interfering with high gearscore bgs by making for unbalanced teams, and MUCH more afk players.

i bet that reports for afk players in bgs are skyrocketing last 2 days.

Greetings.

15. 100% agree with Osterhaze about the bg system

123 ... Last