1. DressMe (transmog addon for WotLK)

DressMe, an addon that helps you to build your future look.

(Clickable)

To get access to the addon's window you can either type "/dressme" in the chat or press the button in the equipment menu

You can hide the button in the addon's settings tab in case it conflicts with other addons or you just don't like it.
    The addon can also generate a Wowhead link for you to make your searching a bit easier.

You can also notice that items in the preview list are sorted and sorted by quality, level, and required level. That means, the items with the lowest item level and the poorest quality are placed in the begining of the preview list and the items with the highest item level and the best quality will be found at the end of the list.

It must be mentioned that there's a funmade modification of WotLK version of the game that brings high quality models from future expansions. The previews of appearances must use different setup for such a modification. You can choose the corret one in the addon's settings tab.

(Clickable)

Here the addon is using "classic" preview setup while the game is using modern "WoD" models which leads to wrong preview displaying. Fixed by choosing proper preview setup in the addon's settings tab.

Not such an important thing but should be mentioned. Before an item can be previewed it must be cached. You won't see the item's preview otherwise.

(Clickable)

The time that process takes depends on your internet connection and ingame activity (longer in a players crowd, for example).

You can message me about bugs here, at GitHub, or via GMail "[email protected]".

Spoiler: Show

Updated (1.0.1):
    - Fixed a bug with equipment that's not allowed for transmogrification (specific ranged slots, low quality items)

Updated (1.1.0):
    - Fixed bug with character background color picker
    - Fixed bug with sticky rotating/pannig cursor on dragging
    - Reworked "Saved Looks" menu for less cancer interface
    - "Tab" item choosing in a preview list now doesn't remove control over the character but doesn't work in combat due security restrictions
    - Now previews don't show the model until it's queried and cached that makes it obvious if the item is being queried or just invisible
    - Added sounds to buttons
    - Added checkbox to hide "DressMe" button
    - Added "Use Target" button that allows to use target player model if the target in range of inspection
    - Added Ctrl+LCM functionality on previews/slots that generates Wowhead URL

Updated (1.2.0):
    - Interface rework
    - Saved Looks list (now known as "Appearances") now is sorted.

Updated (1.2.1):
    (mostly inner update)
    - Code clean up
    - The window can be closed on "Esc"

Updated (1.3):
    - Added zoom with Alt + RCM in addition to mouse wheel
    - Added shadow a poor "Shadowform" simulation via model light setup, not 100% accurate and easily breakable
    - Added racial background images
    - Added option to hide shortcuts in tooltips
    - Added option to hide hairs on cloak previews
    - Added option to hide beard on chest, shirt, tabard previews
    - Added send-functionality, now you can send current appearance to another player
    - Now items in the current slot are highlighted with border color in the preview list and their tooltip list
    - Now full item description that's placed in a slot is shown in the tooltip

Updated (1.3.1):
    - Added option to ignore UI scaling from video settings to avoid problems with rendering in previews on too small values of the scaling
    - Fixed the problem when hair/beard was not hidden

Edited: May 13, 2021 Reason: 1.3.1 update

2. Cool, I'll play around some with it

3. I just want to leave this quick message to thank you for this addon. I've been using it for the last hour and it works wonderful. I'm using the new model and I'm glad that you took the attention to add an option for new model user. Thank you I've been searching this addon on 3.3.5 for a while and it's a blast to use !

4. Thanks for the reply, good to know it works properly so far.

5. Update

Fixed a bug with equipment that's not allowed for transmogrification (specific ranged slots, low quality items)
    The link in the post is updated.
    Edited: June 18, 2020

6. July 1, 2020  
    Holy F you sound like you know what you are doing... So um *Girly Smile* any way .. you'd want to help me out with a few addons for WOTLK [you know like alt unlock / edit any glitches with them} ? http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=410445
    *Fluffs her skirt* (Yes, i know a fair bit about addons. any support i can offer let me know :) )

Best wishes,
    Dickincorp / Aliess
    Edited: July 1, 2020

7. Updated (1.1.0):
    - Fixed bug with character background color picker
    - Fixed bug with sticky rotating/pannig cursor on dragging
    - Reworked "Saved Looks" menu for less cancer interface
    - "Tab" item choosing in a preview list now doesn't remove control over the character but doesn't work in combat due security restirctions
    - Now previews don't show the model until it's queried and cached that makes it obvious if the item is being queried or just invisible
    - Added sounds to buttons
    - Added checkbox to hid "DressMe" button
    - Added "Use Target" button that allows to use target player model if the target in range of inspection
    - Added Ctrl+LCM functionaly on previews/slots that generates Wowhead URL

8. Holy F you sound like you know what you are doing... So um *Girly Smile* any way .. you'd want to help me out with a few addons for WOTLK [you know like alt unlock / edit any glitches with them} ? http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=410445
    *Fluffs her skirt* (Yes, i know a fair bit about addons. any support i can offer let me know :) )
    Sorry for a quite late reply, I didn't work on the addon and didn't actually check it for a while.
    I actually thought about fixing old addons before, but looking through (for instance) "Cartographer" I came up with the idea that I barely would bear such a work. Even from a quick look I can say that there are addons in your collection that don't work properly because of WoW API changes since "The Burning Crusade" expansion, and, actually, must be not fixed but remade.
    Edited: November 10, 2020 Reason: Typo

9. Updated (1.2.0):
    - Interface rework
    - Saved Looks list (now known as "Appearances") now is sorted.
    Edited: December 11, 2020

10. May 8, 2021  
    Updated (1.3):
    - Added zoom with Alt + RCM in addition to mouse wheel
    - Added a poor "Shadowform" simulation via model light setup, not 100% accurate and easily breakable
    - Added racial background images
    - Added option to hide shortcuts in tooltips
    - Added option to hide hairs on cloak previews
    - Added option to hide beard on chest, shirt, tabard previews
    - Added send-functionality, now you can send current appearance to another player
    - Now items in the current slot are highlighted with border color in the preview list and their tooltip list
    - Now full item description that's placed in a slot is shown in the tooltip

P.S. Is it possible to rename the topic somehow? Wanted to change "(a dressing addon)" to "(a transmog addon)".
    Edited: May 8, 2021

11. May 13, 2021  
    Updated (1.3.1):
    - Added option to ignore UI scaling from video settings to avoid problems with rendering in previews on too small values of the scaling (example)
    - Fixed the problem when hair/beard was not hidden

12. Hi, I really love this addon but I'd like to report a strange BUG. I'm using DressMe 1.3.1, but in Items Preview, it showes nothing but gray boxes. I've tried to disable all other addons except DressMe and reload UI, but it's not working.

13. I'm having this issue as well with the blank preview. It worked for me at first. I think there was a win update and a video driver update. I have uninstalled all other apps, I've tried logging in as admin, disabling my firewall and antivirus (temporarily), deleted the cashe and saved variables, restarted computer, restarted router, restarted modem. Also, none of my friends are affected.

14. Hi, I really love this addon but I'd like to report a strange BUG. I'm using DressMe 1.3.1, but in Items Preview, it showes nothing but gray boxes. I've tried to disable all other addons except DressMe and reload UI, but it's not working.
    Can be cause by UI scaling. There's a checkbox in the settings "Ignore UI scaling". If you use any other addon to resize DressMe's window size, don't. Also make sure you have proper model version choose in the settings "Used models".
    Edited: November 20, 2022

15. Is it possible to apply appearances to my character so that I can see the changes during gameplay? If so, I'm not getting it.

12 Last