1. Soul Shard Macro crashes the game

I have played other WotLK 3.3.5 servers using the following macro to delete extra soul shards. On Lordaeron it crashes me out to the log in screen. Would someone please help to fix this macro?

/run i="Soul Shard"d=1 for x=0,4 do for y=1,GetContainerNumSlots(x) do if (d>0) then l=GetContainerItemLink(x,y) if l and GetItemInfo(l)==i then PickupContainerItem(x,y) DeleteCursorItem() d=d-1 end end end end

Thanks!

2. same for me. anybody else have a solution?

3. Warmane, about 2 years ago, disabled the DeleteCursorItem() method and made it log the player out instead.

this might have been an over-the-top response to people getting ****ed over by malicious "friends" giving "helpful macros" which end up with all of the player's gear being basically "deleted"

4. astounding..
    and to think about it, one ain't see its purpose at first glance :d

5. There's an amazing addon called Necrosis specifically for locks, while I can't give you a download link it's easy to find, this is what it can do:
    pick a bag that all of your new soul shards will be automatically moved to and based on your set limit deleted if they exceed it. It'll also show nightfall/backlash
    procs in spheres on the screen and a voiceover will announce each proc / if target is immune to banish or fear, or should you banish it. Much easier than spamming a macro - it also has a sphere with utility abilities near it but that's for clickers

6. With a quick google search I found this: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...sis-ld-c/files
    Haven't tested it yet, but it will probably work. Just make sure to scroll down to the highest downloaded version for 3.3.5

7. I used necrosis, very rarely does it crash my game, but it has before

8. Warmane, about 2 years ago, disabled the DeleteCursorItem() method and made it log the player out instead.

this might have been an over-the-top response to people getting ****ed over by malicious "friends" giving "helpful macros" which end up with all of the player's gear being basically "deleted"
    if thats really the case, so yea its for sure over the top. If someone is harm by a malicious "friend" so this person alone must rethink whats friendship and what kind of world we live in, the macro function have nothing to do with it. If tehres malicious ppl trying to harm ppl, we should deal with them, not with the tool they use, which many other ok ppl use it too for ok helpful macros. and we should learn a little bit about macro ourselves before accepting eveything someone from this world throw in our way.

Gonna try this Necrosis addon, but really cant rely on something that could crash my game, even if rarely. Real solution is to put back cursoritem() and promote forum topic teaching about macros.

9. Get a soul bag - depending on how big it is, it will never exceed that number, e.g if you have a 32 slot bag you will always have a max amount of 32 shards in that same bag, no amount of soul drain will overfill it.

10. May 23, 2023  
    When I first downloaded the addon it worked just fine, even the macro worked.
    The following day, it started to log me out once the number of shards exceeds the predefined amount (seems while trying to destroy the extra ones).
    What if I don't want to have a dedicated bag for shards, I just want to use the empty slots for other different things!

Is there a way to over come this?
    Thanks in advance

11. May 23, 2023  
    When I first downloaded the addon it worked just fine, even the macro worked.
    The following day, it started to log me out once the number of shards exceeds the predefined amount (seems while trying to destroy the extra ones).
    What if I don't want to have a dedicated bag for shards, I just want to use the empty slots for other different things!

Is there a way to over come this?
    Thanks in advance
    the command to delete items cause the disconnect (it is a change made by the staff on purpose)