1. Yeah, specially for the donor-focused ones. More fodder to kill.
    You guys are presenting this as though 100% of every player donated for 100% of their gear and they're all super bad but because they have these items and Lordareon is still on Ulduar season and we're being forced to play against 100% completely BIS premades every single game. In reality, there's plenty of lower geared and near-fresh 80s in Icecrown and Blackrock queueing into BGs as well. All of the gear available on Icecrown is available on Lordareon, and even easily more obtained on Blackrock. If you're so unbelievably undergeared that you don't have 264 avg GS in PvP gear with 264 offpieces on Lordareon, make a toon on Blackrock until your Lorda toon is geared enough. Alternatively, git gud scrub.

It's not the leveling at fault, it's how easy it is to get to the top-notch gear. LoD is sorta pugged everywhere (well, BR has its unique method to get them, but in practice it makes it even easier) but Lord. And, in the case of the Frostmourne realm, it's not about being apart from the rest (it should) but rather how it has been implemented (i.e. killing lower bg bracket for everyone else).
    He specifically stated "7x realm" instead of something like "retail PvE content/values". BiS PvE offpieces are very easily obtainable in the current state of Lordareon.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary

Here's one example of someone whose not BIS by any means and who is still pushing 2.3k in soloq. He also has a 2.6k hpala with similar gear quality in soloq. You don't need a ton of gear to be super competitive, and yet you're suggesting you're incapable of playing PvP because gear isn't standardized like it is on retail WoW. Git gud scrub.

IoC should be included in the mix then, no? Or even SotA or AV (with everyone rushing the bosses like mad). You're noone to say whether something is PvP or not.
    These are all of the worst BGs, correct.

And, then, again: who gets the benefit of xrealm? (hint: it's not Lord, queue times may be lower but ensure you'll be eaten alive) Implementing it sooner or not doesn't change a thing.

"More than 5 people". So much people in a kinda populated realm. I guess they might even change from game to game, no?
    Well, most of the PvPers have already left Lord. It's pointless to point out a "thriving scene" when it's almost dead. And it's dead for a bunch of reasons, one of them being xrealm.
    Lmao, I never said no one goes to the BG's, just that the number of people playing compared to the population is minimal. Like someone said, if you do /who and check for BG's, there's maybe 50-100 people from Lord queued in to all the active BG's, and it's most active during NA times. For a pop of ~10-12k at peak times that number is 1-3% of the online population.
    Average of 7 Lordareon players in the games I queued into on NA hours (see: not peak hours). So now being 7/30 or 5/20 of the BG is not sufficient enough to qualify as active for you guys, it has to be a higher percentage, or otherwise "PvP is dead". Everyone benefits from crossrealm, from consistent queue pops to a higher population pool to play from so when one side (assuming no crossrealm) gets tired of being graveyard farmed by the same premade for the past 4 BGs they just stop queueing and the queues don't come to a screeching halt. Hell, when people stop queueing for specific arena brackets you can feel the time increase in queue time, and that's only 2-3 people on a team; BGs require minimum 5 players for a game to start -- remind me how many 5s games have popped in the past 3 years.

This is also completely ignoring arenas, which are thriving on Lordareon, but you guys are too braindead to do arenas so of course that's never brought up.

He's like Stepkid: one who gets free fodder from xrealm, and we're trying to remove him his free kills.
    git gud scrub

But sure, it's a "thriving" Lordaeron PvP scene with a nice PvP community that do BG's on the regular because they're having so much fun with the fast queues.
    Then go see who is queueing, talk to them when you finish the BG, and ask if they want to queue together. Build your own ****ing community. It's like you people just want to be hand held and have everything done for you. You just want to walk into a 4000 PvP server and have a full roster of people to play with so you can run around and bash normal players in BGs. I demonstrated queueing on off-hours can give you a couple of friends to start queueing with, so go do it for yourself. Actually the most insufferable, entitled people in this thread.

tl;dr git gud scrubs
    Edited: June 26, 2020

2. Yeah i'm not reading that.

This is either a very sad troll or mentally challenged fatso.

Also, git gud nob.

3. Yeah i'm not reading that.

This is either a very sad troll or mentally challenged fatso.

Also, git gud nob.
    It isn't worth it, nor is answering him. His PoV is flawed, most likely because he does benefit from it. His reasonings' premises are all twisted: for instance, comparing his "thriving Lord PvP scene" on offpeak hours when Lordies are more common. They may be, but that's because doing so on peak hours is suicidal unless you're the cream of the crop on Lord. A.k.a. it the only time there's reasonable Lordaeron's presence.

Gearing is the same: armory tells clearly that there's very few guilds clearing ICCh, and 25h is close to null. Only lootship gets some love. Compare it to IC's where even LoD is pugged.

Arenas may be "thriving" but, honestly trying to act superior because of playing arenas or not is quite lame. I play them yet don't mind them, but the main issue still stands there. It is simply not as harsh as the bg situation is, but even then there's mmr dropping and getting to a decent rating to get gear requires a perfect play due to harsh outgear, even more depending on the class you play. A single mistake and you're one-shotted by a BiS, usually a Arms/Hpally.

All in all, it can still be somewhat managed arena-wise even if the situation is still quite dire unlike the current bg state.

And, finally ,the funniest thing "build your community". Heh. I've done it twice by now, the former was gone with xrealm, the latter was gone as Frostmourne came up. Not gonna lose any time trying it again here, I'd rather go somewhere else like my former partners did. It's not worth to feel like one of the pariah to please someone else.

4. I am not sure why would anyone even think that arenas are thriving on Lord, they are obviously not.
    How many arena teams in top 50 are from Lord? (Frostmourne excluded)

The only place where arenas are thriving is Frostmourne, and the reason for that is because they dont have cross-realm.

5. I am not sure why would anyone even think that arenas are thriving on Lord, they are obviously not.
    Oh look, it's another one of these stipulations where it has to be top 50 and not over 1.8k, 2k, 2.2k or something more reasonable, because after all if Lordareon doesn't dominate the top 50 of the leaderboard when top 50 2s is 2.5k+ and top 3s is 2.2k+, then oyvey, arena is truly dead!

Looking at the boards right now, and there's no way to exclude realms or look at specific realms, but overall, there's three Lorda teams over 2.2k in 3v3. If you lower the requirement to 2k its like 12 teams. In 2's there's like 20 teams above 2k.

The only place where arenas are thriving is Frostmourne
    And Blackrock. And Lordareon. And Icecrown.

It isn't worth it, nor is answering him. His PoV is flawed, most likely because he does benefit from it. His reasonings' premises are all twisted: for instance, comparing his "thriving Lord PvP scene" on offpeak hours when Lordies are more common. They may be, but that's because doing so on peak hours is suicidal unless you're the cream of the crop on Lord. A.k.a. it the only time there's reasonable Lordaeron's presence.
    We're talking about BGs, not arenas. There's no real reason why anyone would prefer to queue at those hours compared to earlier other than it's better timing for them. The people playing are the same geared, undergeared, low geared players as on euro (peak) times. I love how we can sit here and talk about why someone would queue on NA hours, as though BGs would even exist at this time if we had no crossrealm. LMAO!

And, finally ,the funniest thing "build your community". Heh. I've done it twice by now, the former was gone with xrealm, the latter was gone as Frostmourne came up. Not gonna lose any time trying it again here, I'd rather go somewhere else like my former partners did. It's not worth to feel like one of the pariah to please someone else.
    If you're coming to this thread to complain about how there's no PvP community on Lorda and you're refusing to do the easiest, most basic social act of sending a whisper saying, "hi! do you want to queue together and have some fun? :)" to other Lorda players you see in BGs, you're absolutely helpless. Not just on Warmane, but in life. It's so effortless and you're incapable of doing this so you can enjoy PvP more, but you'd rather come to the forums and write out paragraphs detailing your disdain for crossrealm. You guys are talking about this like it's some major corporate project that takes weeks and weeks of rigorous work and research and compiling, when all you have to do is send a single ****ing whisper. I'll refer back to my earlier post here:

Actually the most insufferable, entitled people in this thread.

6. Lol man, such a tryhard.
    yeah this man tries so hard to prove that he is right. laughable
    he can't change the fact and in the end he helps this threat and increases the awareness about almost dead pvp in Lordaeron

7. I dont know are we all playing on the same server (Lordaeron) but the pvp if anything has flourished, I see alot more Lordaeron players in battlegrounds,arenas, heck wintergrasp is often full. Only lacking wpvp, and xrealm isnt really killing it. Ive seen people complain about battleground quality, pre xrealm bgs were not really quality, they were stomps depending on what guild was queueing at the time and the queue times were alot longer and you would rarely get IoC or AV pops. As I said before they just need to work on their gear level bg filtering so it feels more balanced since it isnt really fun getting starter rele geared( blackrock) or fresh 80s (lord&blackrock). Xrealm is a good addition for the pvp scene in my opinion, just needs a bit more tweaking.

I am not sure why would anyone even think that arenas are thriving on Lord, they are obviously not.

The only place where arenas are thriving is Frostmourne, and the reason for that is because they dont have cross-realm.
    Lordaeron brackets before were a few teams on 2.2 and rest were sub 2k, 3s ladder was dead. Now you can play both to your hearts content. Frostmourne as a server is thriving and theyre not in ICC season yet, why would they be in the same bracket. Why would Lordaeron bracket be in top 50 if theyre not good enough, there are plenty of geared(bis) players doing pvp who arent still in top50 because of the skill gap.
    Just my 2cents, think Lordaeron players should take this xrealm opportunity and improve in their own gameplay instead of complaining over frivolous things.
    Cheers

8. I dont know are we all playing on the same server (Lordaeron) but the pvp if anything has flourished, I see alot more Lordaeron players in battlegrounds,arenas, heck wintergrasp is often full. Only lacking wpvp, and xrealm isnt really killing it. Ive seen people complain about battleground quality, pre xrealm bgs were not really quality, they were stomps depending on what guild was queueing at the time and the queue times were alot longer and you would rarely get IoC or AV pops. As I said before they just need to work on their gear level bg filtering so it feels more balanced since it isnt really fun getting starter rele geared( blackrock) or fresh 80s (lord&blackrock). Xrealm is a good addition for the pvp scene in my opinion, just needs a bit more tweaking.

Lordaeron brackets before were a few teams on 2.2 and rest were sub 2k, 3s ladder was dead. Now you can play both to your hearts content. Frostmourne as a server is thriving and theyre not in ICC season yet, why would they be in the same bracket. Why would Lordaeron bracket be in top 50 if theyre not good enough, there are plenty of geared(bis) players doing pvp who arent still in top50 because of the skill gap.
    Just my 2cents, think Lordaeron players should take this xrealm opportunity and improve in their own gameplay instead of complaining over frivolous things.
    Cheers
    Ah yes, you should try to improve yourself because if you as furious geared player with ****ty trinkets and weapons, cant kill full bis wallet warrior, it is you who suck. Got it. Yeah.

You are saying that realm where everything is X1 and gear is 10x harder to get due to over-tuned bosses, should compete against realms where gear is dead easy to get and PVE content is normal? yeah that makes sense, if you are biased.

Besides, why dont they make it opt-out option? And let the players speak.

9. As i said, requires a bit of a tweak, and players have spoken, some are for it, same are against(just like you are against it and im for it), cant please everyone... And i dont know how over-tuned it is since few guilds farm LoD. Im seeing alot of well geared(as well alot of smourne) lordaeron pvp players, its not easy but nothing a little grind cant fix, if other players did it, why cant you? Relentless gear is rather easy to obtain, as for weapons, you dont need Shadowmourne or LoD weapons to be able to play, players are doing fine with weaker weapons. Some degree is unfair to lordaeron people as to obtain gear but then again, just like you need certain gearscore and skill level to participate and contribute to a raid(and you have to grind the gear for pve as well), the same can be said for pvp. Use the tools you have well and youll upgrade yourself in no time.

10. So you are not even playing on Lordaeron and you are saying that cross-realm is good for it?
    Why exactly is it good for?

"ts not easy but nothing a little grind cant fix" that easy grind of 2-3 years because most raids on Lord kill 5~6 bosses. But yeah, small loan of a million dollars.

For relentless gear you need arena points, ****load of arena points and considering that you cant go high rating with starter gear you are getting 251/301 arena points per week so thats way too many weeks for something that Blackrock players get for free and instantly.

"Use the tools you have well and youll upgrade yourself in no time."
    What tools? What Upgrades are you talking about?

But since you are not even playing on Lordaeron let me ask you, why the **** is cross-realm better for us?
    Or is it one of those things where you boost your ego by killing ****ty geared players?
    Either way what you wrote is a complete bull****, you yourself say you dont know how Lord is and you dare have part of discussion on it?
    You bassicly don't know what you are talking about, but you like killing Lord Players on battlegrounds and you like that most of them are harmless, so you like it that way and just because of your personal preference it should stay that way.

One more thing since getting gear on Lord is easy and it has thriving PVP scene, why the fk is PVP dead and most people opt in for Icecrown and Blackrock? Why are you not playing on Lord?
    But then again I just looked over your post history, as someone who does not play on Lord, you have serious issues and I hope you find better things in life to do than argue with players that cross-realm is good for them while obviously is not.

11. As i said, requires a bit of a tweak, and players have spoken, some are for it, same are against(just like you are against it and im for it), cant please everyone... And i dont know how over-tuned it is since few guilds farm LoD. Im seeing alot of well geared(as well alot of smourne) lordaeron pvp players, its not easy but nothing a little grind cant fix, if other players did it, why cant you? Relentless gear is rather easy to obtain, as for weapons, you dont need Shadowmourne or LoD weapons to be able to play, players are doing fine with weaker weapons. Some degree is unfair to lordaeron people as to obtain gear but then again, just like you need certain gearscore and skill level to participate and contribute to a raid(and you have to grind the gear for pve as well), the same can be said for pvp. Use the tools you have well and youll upgrade yourself in no time.
    Nice story buddy. Complete bias. Roll on Lord and let me know when you do something nice PvP wise, since it's "just a little bit of grind".

And after rerolling on Frostmourne, I gotta say, cross realm isn't as much as a problem as the GS brackets are. The difference between a fresh 80, an 80 with HC/raid gear and a BiS geared player are all very significant. While on Frostmourne the current patch is still Naxx/OS, and players can catch up easy on Lord it's 10 times more difficult even with catch up dungeons like FoS/PoS/HoR.

"PvP is thriving" only on Frostmourne atm, since there isn't as big of a gear discrepancy between players, which is why queue are all 1-3 minutes, BG's and arena, and everything is automatically more competitive.

But with how the current brackets are made, basically any item you get from these catch up dungeons from Lord sends you in BG's with 6.2k GS'd people.

Which is a big problem, since if you don't acquire gear still not released on Frostmourne so you won't get grinded in PvP, you can't even do HC's or any raids on Lord due to your low GS.

And this just shows how the entire system is flawed regarding Lord. You wanna sacrifice PvE for PvP? Sure, you'll get a better chance for grinding honor, but you're gimping yourself for any PvE opportunities if you get burnt out on PvP. You wanna sacrifice PvP for PvE? You're gonna get farmed 90% of the time trying to get honor.

This way, you're being streamlined into PvE only on Lord, or just going through unnecessary trouble and a huge painful grind to be somewhat competitive at PvP.

12. Nice story buddy. Complete bias. Roll on Lord and let me know when you do something nice PvP wise, since it's "just a little bit of grind".

This way, you're being streamlined into PvE only on Lord, or just going through unnecessary trouble and a huge painful grind to be somewhat competitive at PvP.
    Well of course, Lordaeron is a PvE server in comparison thus if you want to get better pvp gear you gotta perform in raids as well, and lets be real not like you need heroic ICC pieces to compete in PvP.

But since you are not even playing on Lordaeron let me ask you, why the **** is cross-realm better for us?
    Or is it one of those things where you boost your ego by killing ****ty geared players?
    Either way what you wrote is a complete bull****, you yourself say you dont know how Lord is and you dare have part of discussion on it?
    You bassicly don't know what you are talking about, but you like killing Lord Players on battlegrounds and you like that most of them are harmless, so you like it that way and just because of your personal preference it should stay that way.

One more thing since getting gear on Lord is easy and it has thriving PVP scene, why the fk is PVP dead and most people opt in for Icecrown and Blackrock? Why are you not playing on Lord?
    But then again I just looked over your post history, as someone who does not play on Lord, you have serious issues and I hope you find better things in life to do than argue with players that cross-realm is good for them while obviously is not.
    I play on Lordaeron, mainly pvp, I wouldnt talk about something I dont know, but youre not trying to be cooperative or willing to look at this from a different angle, youre just ranting the same thing over and over again so theres not much to say about that. But currently based off my experience and with active pvp players ive talked with, there is not really much hate on the xrealm idea, just on that occasional "i get starter, fresh 80s and enemy bis" which is why I said before, the GS brackets need to be tweaked a bit better and it would be a lot better experience for us.
    Stay positive and enjoy the game boys.

13. Get your story in order m8, decide what you want to be. First you say:

"And i dont know how over-tuned it is since few guilds farm LoD." and then u say "I play on Lordaeron"

I am not sure what you consider competitive, but being stuck at 1.4k MM with negative win to loss ratio is not competitive. And in order to be competitive, 2kmm+ you need to do PVE for trinkets and weapons.
    But yeah, you play on Lord, you don't know how PVE and gear is ****ed up, but you are competitive.
    Must be skillcapped. Are you doing arenas as full furious and wining against full BIS people bcz ur so good or what?

Also:
    "pvp players ive talked with, there is not really much hate on the xrealm idea, just on that occasional "i get starter, fresh 80s and enemy bis" "

Since when does newbie with 2k GS opinion matters? Is that what you consider competitive? The **** off m8, youre not making any sense and you are contradicting yourself with every sentence you make.

14. Ah yes, you should try to improve yourself because if you as furious geared player with ****ty trinkets and weapons, cant kill full bis wallet warrior, it is you who suck. Got it. Yeah.
    For relentless gear you need arena points, ****load of arena points and considering that you cant go high rating with starter gear you are getting 251/301 arena points per week so thats way too many weeks for something that Blackrock players get for free and instantly.
    A fresh toon on Blackrock has better gear. If you are incapable of getting better than Furious gear on Lordareon, create a toon on Blackrock and play PvP from that realm until your Lordareon toon is geared enough. This was repeatedly stated throughout this thread and you still refuse to do it.

You are saying that realm where everything is X1 and gear is 10x harder to get due to over-tuned bosses, should compete against realms where gear is dead easy to get and PVE content is normal? yeah that makes sense, if you are biased.
    "ts not easy but nothing a little grind cant fix" that easy grind of 2-3 years because most raids on Lord kill 5~6 bosses.
    The difficulty of acquiring gear, especially when Lorda has been nerfed repeatedly over the past 2 years, has zero impact when all of the gear is available on all 3 realms. The main issue with crossrealm would be gear availability, not how difficult it is to acquire it. "Hardcore realm" after all :) No surprise you're complaining, you're incapable of killing past 5-6 bosses in ICC. Are you Fishbro's alt account?

Besides, why dont they make it opt-out option? And let the players speak.
    It was a system that took time and resources to create and implement, and because the overall effects have been resoundingly positive. They have no obligation to put it up for a vote or implement an opt-out feature; if you don't like it, move to another private WotLK realm -- wait.

why the **** is cross-realm better for us?
    So much seething! As was stated multiple times throughout the thread, crossrealm is great for Lordareon because it significantly increases the available player base to pull players from and it makes BGs available at all times of the day except for a few hours where it's both off peak hours of NA and EU. There are more Lordareon players queueing BGs now than at any point, arguably since Ulduar tier. And it's ironic you're saying these things when it's exactly what you people want from removing crossrealm: the exclusive right to bash and graveyard camp Lordareon players until they stop queueing. "But what about the ability to be placed on the opposing faction if queues are imbalanced?" Well good thing it has an opt-out setting so Alliance players can immediately turn it off as soon as they get GY camped as Horde.

That's a good question, isn't it? Why would anyone choose to play on Lordareon in 2020? Anyone who asks what server they should start on, I always suggest Icecrown, because there's no redeeming factors in Lordareon. It's full of wanna-be tryhards drunk on the idea of clearing buffed content when they're garbage players. I support nerfing Lordareon to Icecrown levels but you know, all those wanna-be tryhards come out of the woods crying about how they only started playing here cause muh buffed PvE content. The PvP scene is thriving for what PvPers are here; it does not change the fact that Lordareon does not attract PvPers and why there's only an extraordinarily small handful of extremely good PvPers, and these players aren't exclusive to Lordareon (they play on IC/BR).

But with how the current brackets are made, basically any item you get from these catch up dungeons from Lord sends you in BG's with 6.2k GS'd people.
    Wow, it only took 17 pages for someone to understand the real issue here! Maybe people will start reading my posts so it doesn't take 15 pages after I comment about what the real problem is!

All of you guys are so angry and incoherent. You can very easily solve your own issue by creating a Blackrock toon and spending 15 minutes to gear it up and immediately be more powerful than your Lordareon toon, but instead you choose to come to the forums to complain about something that won't ever change. You could reroll on Icecrown and go pug LoD and get BiS PvE and PvE offpieces and grind PvP gear there, but you choose not to. Maybe you guys don't subscribe to the notion of being a xXxHaRdCoRexXx player, but I don't see any other reason why you would stay on Lordareon if you find it such a major inconvenience. And of course you won't read anything I write, so you'll be seething forever, and that's fine, because at the end of the day that's all you want to do: stay mad & git gub scrub.

First ... 71516171819 ... Last