1. May 19, 2020  
    Yea, because before crossrealm the bgs were SO FULL AND ARENA WAS SO ACTIVE. my god, you barely had a spot! That's why crossrealm was introduced, to reduce a bit the numbers of hardcore Lordaeron pvpers because they were way too many to handle.
    Indeed!
    The cap was always between 6k-7k players and at any given time there were more than 100 players participating in BG'S, so yeah, PVP was active back then.

Lordaeron players are still playing, don't get me wrong, just not on this realm. Thanks to crossrealm :)

2. May 19, 2020  
    Stepcringe is in a league of his own, absolute dementia, and Marcus for some reason is trying his hardest with post spamming to silence anyone's opinion.
    I'm posting because I'm bored and because I hold a different oppinion than you and try to show you that maybe you don't have the full picture. No one is silencing anyone, you're free to comment and ask and beg and whatnot :d

3. May 19, 2020  
    The cap was always between 6k-7k players and at any given time there were more than 100 players participating in BG'S, so yeah, PVP was active back then.

Lordaeron players are still playing, don't get me wrong, just not on this realm. Thanks to crossrealm :)
    That's what you want to believe, does not mean it's the truth mate. Anyone can make up bed time stories like that. Most people would say pvp was pretty dead before it, that's why people asked for crossrealm. Or didn't you play back then?
    And no, for a year or so the max was 5k with the average being 3-4k players:D A lot of "dead server" memes and doomsayers in that year I tell you

4. May 19, 2020  
    Yea, because before crossrealm the bgs were SO FULL AND ARENA WAS SO ACTIVE. my god, you barely had a spot! That's why crossrealm was introduced, to reduce a bit the numbers of hardcore Lordaeron pvpers because they were way too many to handle.
    Indeed!
    As I said before, you had to wait few minutes in peak hours. Lordaeron HAD 5k players on peak hours. Lordaeron WAS STILL ADVERTISED as HARDCORE PVE REALM. Naturally, mostly people interested in PvE played and stayed on Lordaeron.

Lordaeron had 10k players, if not more, on peak hours for a last year.
    Lordaeron now has 12k peak easily. There's less than 100 players playing BGs. What does that tell you? Now that so many new people joined, now that so many players had no clue about cross-realm or increased PvE difficulty on Lordaeron or anything of the sort there's a total of less than a hundred players actively playing BGs on a 12k population.

5. May 19, 2020  
    More than half of that 10-12k is lvling, and people don't do bgs as much while lvling.
    And again, how can you link that to crossrealm? If the realm is pve oriented and most only pvp casually now and then. What proof is there? none. You'd have to disable it for a few months and check after, which I doubt will happen.
    People are doing raids, are afking in dalaran, are llving. I mean I had people with 4.5k gs doing 2.2k dps in a rdf hc, do you think that kind of player would fare well in any pvp scenario? xD
    I didn't say that Lordaeron pvp is ACTIVE because it never really was once Icecrown got out and people started transfering- except peak hours-, but with crossrealm you can have a bg at any point during the day without much waiting and that is the point of the feature. People on Lordaeron simply don't pvp as much, or not in bgs/arenas, they seem to prefer brawls in open world.

You can't really blame a feature for the nature of the realm. The players that were into pvp left, they ain't coming back and they weren't many to begin with. Crossrealm ensures that if you wanna pvp, you can at all points in time.
    Get your gear and go. Is it harder? YES. Is it impossible? NO. That's my point

6. May 19, 2020  
    But since you people really seem annoyed with me I'm going to leave. Was a good talk though!
    Best of luck and well, we'll wait and see if some things change or not!

7. May 19, 2020  
    I didn't argue with that. I said that most pvpers transfered. What's new?
    Guess I'll have to spell it out for you.

Here goes:

Majority of the top rated players and several guilds have transferred to Blackrock, since you are two buttons away from obtaining gear that is better than average on Lordaeron, and since you are matched against the same players in arena/bg's, you really have nothing to lose.

Lordaeron loses it's purpose as a blizzlike server because of crossrealm, you are matched against players who either donated their gear, or those who
    outgear you by simple pressing right-click followed up by swift left-click.

Therefore, we don't see any Lordaeron teams in top 50 ladder, not even in bg's. (View my and Demolag's imgur links)

8. May 19, 2020  
    More than half of that 10-12k is lvling, and people don't do bgs as much while lvling.
    And again, how can you link that to crossrealm? If the realm is pve oriented and most only pvp casually now and then. What proof is there? none. You'd have to disable it for a few months and check after, which I doubt will happen.
    People are doing raids, are afking in dalaran, are llving. I mean I had people with 4.5k gs doing 2.2k dps in a rdf hc, do you think that kind of player would fare well in any pvp scenario? xD
    I didn't say that Lordaeron pvp is ACTIVE because it never really was once Icecrown got out and people started transfering- except peak hours-, but with crossrealm you can have a bg at any point during the day without much waiting and that is the point of the feature. People on Lordaeron simply don't pvp as much, or not in bgs/arenas, they seem to prefer brawls in open world.

You can't really blame a feature for the nature of the realm. The players that were into pvp left, they ain't coming back and they weren't many to begin with. Crossrealm ensures that if you wanna pvp, you can at all points in time.
    Get your gear and go. Is it harder? YES. Is it impossible? NO. That's my point
    What would you link it to if not cross-realm?

It's irrelevant whether or not he would perform well in PvP scenario, what's relevant is that he most certainly won't even try to get into it. I wonder why?

I'm aware you can have BG at any point during the day. And I'll repeat it again, quality over quantity.

You say they prefer brawls in open world. Think on that one. Can't be because there's an even playing field in open world, can it? We'll take out the micropenis gankers out of the equation naturally.

Do you know why the people who were into PvP left? It is partially because Lord had low pop, I'll give you that. What about the other part? The culprit is obvious imo. They sure as hell ain't gonna come back now, since by now they have the upper hand the other realms offer. What you can do now is try and remake the PvP scene from the new playerbase but that can't happen when their gearing journey is so scuffed to the point where they don't even wanna take it.

9. May 19, 2020  
    Guess I'll have to spell it out for you.

Here goes:

Majority of the top rated players and several guilds have transferred to Blackrock, since you are two buttons away from obtaining gear that is better than average on Lordaeron, and since you are matched against the same players in arena/bg's, you really have nothing to lose.

Lordaeron loses it's purpose as a blizzlike server because of crossrealm, you are matched against players who either donated their gear, or those who
    outgear you by simple pressing right-click followed up by swift left-click.

Therefore, we don't see any Lordaeron teams in top 50 ladder, not even in bg's. (View my and Demolag's imgur links)
    Lordaeron is a hardcore pve content server. Its purpose was never high end pvp. Before the crossrealm the pvp was dead and players moved because they could not pvp. After it you had pvp but the gear difference made players leave for pvp oriented realms aka Blackrock and Icecrown where gear is more accesibile.

Most players-including me- would take crossrealm which offers quick pvp whenever you want andto play vs other realms- you can get BIS, you can get everything they have, just need to work harder for it which IS THE POINT AND CORE PHYLOSOPHY of the realm- vs having a dead pvp scene where if you do not log in at europe peak hours you don't have pvp at all.

If loedaron would get a separate pvp system it would barely be any competition-like it used to be- and players who left won't come back. they wanna pvp and the other 2 realms offer potential for multiple characters to be geared fast and to be BIS and ready to pvp.

10. May 19, 2020  
    Most people would say pvp was pretty dead before it, that's why people asked for crossrealm. Or didn't you play back then?
    Lordaeron players did not ask for crossrealm, there wasn't even a pool for implementing this system.

Who are these most people that you speak of, if they wanted crossrealm so bad why are there only 100 players from single faction participating in bgs?

I said that most pvpers transfered.
    Why did they transfer if they wanted this system so bad?
    Edited: May 19, 2020 Reason: This guy ...

11. May 19, 2020  
    I rest my case, we hold different views on the matter and while I agreed and I agree arena is a different matter than bgs in terms of gear imbalance, imo there would be too many risks making it realm only.

We'll wait and see what happens, what can I say :-??

12. May 19, 2020  
    Lordaeron players did not ask for crossrealm, there wasn't even a pool for implementing this system.

Who are these most people that you speak of, if they wanted crossrealm so bad why are there only 100 players from single faction participating in bgs.

Why did they transfer if they wanted this system so bad?
    The people who asked for it were the casual players who wanted to pvp once in a while without queues I guess. Why do you think crossrealm was made to being with? Just so warmane has work to do... or?
    The one who transfered were the ones that wanted gear fast to compete in pvp and were not that much into pve I suppose. Didn't say they were the same group.
    Edited: May 19, 2020

13. May 19, 2020  
    I know is hard to grasp...but as stated above...this server attracts people who are more into pve and only casual pvp...since most pvpers go to the other options who enable them to pvp faster and with better gear...
    Staff members commented on the matter in various threads and you can read through them and find their responses and reasoning.

Also about lord teams in top 50... there you could say skill has something to do with it. You can't compare pve players who pvp too with players that ONLY PVP...I mean....Blackrock players do only that, muscle memory alone is a big difference

14. May 19, 2020  
    Interesting how you completely ignored all the valid points anyone else put out there and kept on ranting the same things you mentioned several days ago. Won't even touch on how you craft "facts" out of thin air when they suit you. :)

15. May 19, 2020  
    Interesting how you completely ignored all the valid points anyone else put out there and kept on ranting the same things you mentioned several days ago. Won't even touch on how you craft "facts" out of thin air when they suit you. :)
    I didn't ignore them, I think your numbers are correct. Does not prove anything in regards to Crossrealm per se though. People are pve orietend, simple as that. Pvp wasn't very active on Lordaeron before and it remains more or less the same but now casuals can enjoy pvp whenever they want. So the system did its job

What facts did I craft if you can be so kind? Where I don't know I give my take on the matter, I guess. I say I guess or that I pressume, I don't say "facts" when I'm not sure about them so your accusations are false.
    Your "FActs" are coorect but in no way lead to crossrealm being the issue, you just prefer to see it that way

Your "I wonder why" makes only obviours that you are very subjective and see crossrealm as the issue. Is not objective and is not certain, is your take on it which as I said I accept as being different to mine

First ... 910111213 ... Last