1. Anyway, if there's a good protret (or something else that fits mm hunt + resto shaman) lamenting the death of PvP on Lordaeron, here's your chance to team up with us and get gladiator next season.

We still need all the trinkets and some other pve gear... Actually since I'm 0/5 wratful and I don't even have the arena points to buy the weapon at 1800 now, I also need all the PvP gear as well lol.

2. You're proving the point of Lordaeron players with this, all you need to do is look at it from Lordaeron pov.

Lordaeron players chose Lordaeron mainly because of the pve content. However, alot of them also like to occasionally do pvp.
    The mixed BGs and arenas make this occasional pvp impossible
    I've gotta say, the 70-79 bracket was one of the most fun brackets I've been in, and was full of Lord people on both sides. At certain hours Horde dominates, and sometimes the Ally give us trouble and take 3-4 games in a row. As soon as I got to 80 to get the last piece of Furious through some BG's... it's just unplayable. There's 3 people from Lordaeron in total on both sides, 10-12 are Blackrock and a few more Icecrown players.

I'm not even going to get into skill level of people, since obviously some are better than others, but while in the 79 bracket you get into all kinds of different rivalries with people, and get to see how people are playing and how much they know about their class etc., on 80 it's just plain impossible. Even with Furious/Saronite gear and decent PvE pieces as a fresh 80, it's a huge difference. People obliterate you in 2-3 shots and most people on 80 (and I'm referring to Blackrock/ICC players since there's only 2,3 Lord people) give up too easy and just AFK, making BG's a quick stomp from one side.

No one is even trying to make it competitive, it's usually everyone meets at a certain place, and the side that wins the first engagement is the winner. The others quit or just run around with 0 purpose trying to take a lone kill once in a while.

And then people blame Lord players for not being too eager to PvP? Why would anyone join a BG in between PvE where they're facing people with a huge advantage in terms of PvP gear, and where most of these people simply afk to get a quick honor grab?

At the 70-79 bracket I could grind out 50+k honor easy in several hours, at 80 if you're at the wrong side it takes you 3, 4 BG's to get 8-9k. It's ridiculous.

So I guess the only thing is like someone said, PvE on Lord, make a char on Blackrock for PvP (arena).

3. You're proving the point of Lordaeron players with this, all you need to do is look at it from Lordaeron pov.

Lordaeron players chose Lordaeron mainly because of the pve content. However, alot of them also like to occasionally do pvp.
    The mixed BGs and arenas make this occasional pvp impossible
    What about ppl that's not just "occasional"? i know its not 9k ppl that do pvp daily, but im pretty hardcore pvper in Lordaeron and crossrealm made my life totally impossible (just talking about bg). At my time zone, in the hours i can play EVERY single bg is a stomp from horde side. And it's not mainly because what im facing but rather what i have on my side... AFKs, trolls, those nasty FollowBOT from blackrock, toxic ppl that give up at their first death at 0:30 secs. So what am I supposed to do? Report them? They'll do another account and make another char instantly 80 with 1300 Resilence in 5 minutes.

In the other hand, I have a question if someone can answer please. Anyone knows anything about the gear brackets? Ever since Frostmourne came out, bgs are matching 2.5k gs ppl with or against full BiS geared people. Couldn't find anything about this. It was supposed that Frostmourne ppl was being matched with low gear bgs but with my fresh 80 toon i never saw any Frostmourne player AT ALL. And not only that, i was matched ever since i dinged 80 against full geared ppl and never saw any "low gear bracket".

Cheers

4. What about ppl that's not just "occasional"? i know its not 9k ppl that do pvp daily, but im pretty hardcore pvper in Lordaeron and crossrealm made my life totally impossible (just talking about bg). At my time zone, in the hours i can play EVERY single bg is a stomp from horde side. And it's not mainly because what im facing but rather what i have on my side... AFKs, trolls, those nasty FollowBOT from blackrock, toxic ppl that give up at their first death at 0:30 secs. So what am I supposed to do? Report them? They'll do another account and make another char instantly 80 with 1300 Resilence in 5 minutes.

In the other hand, I have a question if someone can answer please. Anyone knows anything about the gear brackets? Ever since Frostmourne came out, bgs are matching 2.5k gs ppl with or against full BiS geared people. Couldn't find anything about this. It was supposed that Frostmourne ppl was being matched with low gear bgs but with my fresh 80 toon i never saw any Frostmourne player AT ALL. And not only that, i was matched ever since i dinged 80 against full geared ppl and never saw any "low gear bracket".

Cheers
    "Frostmourne crossrealm and revamped 'lowgear' Battleground bracket
    April 17, 2020

Our new realm Frostmourne is part of our crossrealm system. There are a few changes we made to ensure things remain fair though.

Level 80 Players from Frostmourne are automatically placed in the 'lowgear' battleground bracket. Players from Icecrown and Lordaeron can also play in this bracket if they qualify. There are certain limitations on gear to keep an even playing field. Any player which has progressed past the current Frostmourne status, will NOT be placed in this bracket. This includes gear in bags, bank, and so on. These limitations will be changed as Frostmourne progresses through the expansion.

Players in the range from 10-79 will be playing with the other realms as usual.

Frostmourne arena remains seperate right now."

from their devlog.
    If you get any piece of gear that's higher than current Naxx patch from Frostmourne you get slapped into higher gear bracket.

5. I seriously wonder what goes in the brains of people who make such decisions at Warmane team. It does not make sense even from business perspective as it ruins player retention.
    People say theres not many Loarderon PVP players, I believe its not because "iT's a PvE ReAlM" but because you get walked over by unfair gear difference. PVP on Loarderon is being horrible and it's no wonder why so many people despise it.

I wonder who would have fun playing as furious with ****ty weapons and trinekts against full BIS Icecrown players.

6. I seriously wonder what goes in the brains of people who make such decisions at Warmane team. It does not make sense even from business perspective as it ruins player retention.
    you misunderstand, I think... what it does is of course kills Lordaeron pvp, but what it does is:

most impostantly, gives iceclown and blackrock a faster queue
    by accident still enables lordaeron hardcore pvpers to pvp if they want to - there are people who do arenas and bgs with bis or near bis, and they're still having fun, it's just everyone else isn't

7. you misunderstand, I think... what it does is of course kills Lordaeron pvp, but what it does is:

most impostantly, gives iceclown and blackrock a faster queue
    by accident still enables lordaeron hardcore pvpers to pvp if they want to - there are people who do arenas and bgs with bis or near bis, and they're still having fun, it's just everyone else isn't
    Which really doesn't make sense to me. It's to give ICC and BR a faster queue, but since barely 5 Lord people queue in for BG's, why is Lordaeron included? The faster queues certainly aren't because Lord players queue in lmao. BR and ICC got their own fair share of players and they are the bulk, as in 90-95% of the BG anyway. This way people from Lord just don't bother with queueing, and don't say people don't like to PvP since every WG is full, people attack cities and people dueling all over outside major cities.

If Lord was excluded, BR and ICC would still have fast queues + Lord pvp scene could reignite.

8. but since barely 5 Lord people queue in for BG's, why is Lordaeron included?
    I mean, I barely pvp at all because eww... but I think it's more, there's a lot of BGs running, and if each of those has 1-5 Lord players, that's, say 200 total Lord players... which isn't nothing, but yeah it's definitely a case of give me a 40 minute queue and don't dump me in with the bis clowns and I might even pvp some...

9. I mean, I barely pvp at all because eww... but I think it's more, there's a lot of BGs running, and if each of those has 1-5 Lord players, that's, say 200 total Lord players... which isn't nothing, but yeah it's definitely a case of give me a 40 minute queue and don't dump me in with the bis clowns and I might even pvp some...
    We did the math earlier in that post using /who command. There are at at average 60 Lord players on BG at certain times (on 10k+ pop hours), and around 40 of them are 80.
    your 200 approximation is really generous.

10. That is because even tho I am mainly PVP player I do Battlegrounds for daily 25 arena points and then I do world pvp in WG.

Battlegrounds are just not enjoyable as underdog. Even tho I am 3/5 Wrathful my weapons/trinkets are ****ty and I don't like getting farmed by full Bis Iceclown premade.

PVP on Lord is dead because of cross-realm. Will be fun to see Frostmourne in Crossrealm eventually. Then the *****ing will be real.

And Id rather be in queue for 30+ min than be against full BiS icecrown premade.

And to point out how bad those premades are, 2 days ago we lost AV because some Multiboxer joined and camped us until we lost all resources.We were winning until he joined, then 1 player turned the tide and won BG singlehandedly. Thats how fun PVP is,So for that reason I do battlegrounds for daily win and thats it.

11. I switched from icecrown to lordaeron because i missed that feeling of progression from retail wotlk. (mainly pvp player, though i've been casual since molten crash). Most players beeing decently geared using w/e they could get their hands on back then, while fully BiS was a rare sight which made others drool a bit.
    Jokes on me though; started on lord to play pvp with lower gear and progress vs others alike - few months after hitting 80, back in same bgs vs same people as before, just me with worse gear and a bad experience as a difference.

12. I don't mind cross-realm BGs between Blackrock, Icecrown and now Frostmourne. They are all realms with accelerated xp rates. However, Lordaeron should not have been included in this cross-realm.

Some might claim, that Lordaeron would have long wait time for BGs, but at least people would be playing them. Now pretty much no one in Lord plays BGs.

13. I'm NEW in the server and I decide yo start in Lordaeron Realsm, i'm really into PvP am I wrong on this realm? Should I start again in other Realm?

14. Yes, because you can't buy gear on Lordaeron like you can on other realms.

15. I don't mind cross-realm BGs between Blackrock, Icecrown and now Frostmourne. They are all realms with accelerated xp rates. However, Lordaeron should not have been included in this cross-realm.

Some might claim, that Lordaeron would have long wait time for BGs, but at least people would be playing them. Now pretty much no one in Lord plays BGs.
    I understand that they're trying to reduce queue time but it shouldn't be at the cost of quality gameplay. I almost regret putting in all that effort to level on Lord only to get rekt in PvP by x7 peeps. I would much rather wait a while in queue to have a challenging but realistic PvP experience than wait 3-5 minutes to get gang banged by x7's over and over again.

First ... 51314151617 ... Last