1. Fresh 80 lvl Protection DPS gear

Hello warrior colleagues! This is my first ever 80 lvl warrior character in WoW and as you can see, I have zero to no knowledge whatsoever how's the gearing process, what are the best items to acquire at first as a fresh 80 and how to climb the gearing ladder aka what to do in general. I'd highly appreciate any insight, any suggestion on the topic as I am really clueless on how to approach.

2. It would be better to go arms for dps, rather than prot. When you do get geared the consensus is that you'd want to switch to fury for PVE. While prot, you'll be rage starved if you're not tanking and won't get revenge procs, so you'll be losing dps.

3. Hello warrior colleagues! This is my first ever 80 lvl warrior character in WoW and as you can see, I have zero to no knowledge whatsoever how's the gearing process, what are the best items to acquire at first as a fresh 80 and how to climb the gearing ladder aka what to do in general. I'd highly appreciate any insight, any suggestion on the topic as I am really clueless on how to approach.
    Gearing at this stage of wotlk is all about farming fos/pos and emblems of triumph (rff hc) for emblems you buy t9, and you can get decent trinket in toc5 and weapon from battered hilt quest chain, rest should drop. After that you can improve pretty much only by raiding. Toc 10/25, voa 10/25 anf finally icc and rs.

At first get any big ilvl upgrade (there are a only a very few exceptions when item 20 ilvls higher is not better), when the difference is smaller get your expertise/hit/(defense for tank) caps. And after that continue to improve and eventually you hit bis.

4. As a protection warrior who aims at DPS myself, I can easily tell you, it's not viable for PVE. Protection DPS gear is just not an option.
    The minimum requirement for a protection PVP warrior is to have the 2-set bonus of both T10 sets available to warriors. You'll need Lavanthor's Talisman(Early Stage) and either Sharpened Twilight Scale, Deathbringer's Will, Death's Verdict/Choice.
    Protection DPS is not viable at any point in time. I'm a fully geared Protection PVP warrior, and I do run dungeons for fun with that spec, which releases a good 6-8k DPS single target, but at lower gear, it's a waste of time. Protection DPS is not viable at lower gear for the simple fact, that you're lacking procs and specific stats/set combinations.
    Give up on that dream till you're at the gear level of a BIS Fury warrior(Doesn't have to be HC), with at least 4 pieces of tank gear including t10 shoulders/gloves, a shield with massive Bock Value, a high damage dealing weapon and 1200 Armor penetration. Protection DPS is not viable at any point in time, if you want to raid. Protection DPS is only somewhat viable doing dungeons(lower-end or with a good healer, and a couple PVE tank pieces).
    If you are geared, it'll be a nice PVP build, but it doesn't scale well with anything competetive. Not PVE, nor PVP wise. Hitting 2.5k arena is do-able, but you'll need the right setup and the right mindset. But as I said. It's just not that viable in any situation besides insane burst in a single-target match and a couple useful CCs.