1. Shop destroys the intention of the server??

Hello dear Forum,

I have to share something with you and ask you for your opinion. I was very happy about the server release of Frostmourne. To play the content of Wotlk from the start is such an cool idea I think.

Of course I know that Warmane told us there will be a shop on Frostmourne aswell. But doesn't it totaly destroy the sence of the server?

If you wann go Naxx now people expect you to have like 3,5 k gs. So the result of it is, that you have to buy gear to get a Naxx group etc.

I know if you are in a guild blabla you can still go Naxx with lower gs. But this is not possible for everyone. So the sence of the server, to experience all content of WOTLK is now "only" possible if you buy stuff in store...

What are your thinkings of that?

Much Love - Icedout

2. to experience content you don't have to buy in the store that's for sure.

no idea if you are new in this place but why warmane will open a realm without store?

3. People will buy no matter what, store is there for taking it from them.

4. Nothing for points on this realm right?

5. After 3 days of farming heroics I'm up to 3.5k gearscore and can start looking to join Naxx raids. If you follow the channels you won't have any issues with doing the content.

6. If you wann go Naxx now people expect you to have like 3,5 k gs. So the result of it is, that you have to buy gear to get a Naxx group etc.
    Even if you wanna Raid heroic on Retail people want Curve Achievement and The itemlevel what drops in Heroic, so its not just the Server its just a normal thing on Wow.

And tbh not having a Shop will destroy the Server because they wont have the Money to Pay the Staffs etc etc

7. Even if you wanna Raid heroic on Retail people want Curve Achievement and The itemlevel what drops in Heroic, so its not just the Server its just a normal thing on Wow.

And tbh not having a Shop will destroy the Server because they wont have the Money to Pay the Staffs etc etc
    True about normal WoW thing, pugs need to compensate for potentially low skills by requiring higher GS. However the store does add fuel to that fire, because there's no way to tell if the person just bought the items or actually cleared the content. Yeah they may have cleared it once though for achievement, but then just bought all the items so their experience is low.

8. True about normal WoW thing, pugs need to compensate for potentially low skills by requiring higher GS. However the store does add fuel to that fire, because there's no way to tell if the person just bought the items or actually cleared the content. Yeah they may have cleared it once though for achievement, but then just bought all the items so their experience is low.
    And an expirienced player can literally see how good player is after a single boss, so even if people are buying stuff from the store that doesnt mean you have to have him in a raid the entire run, if he is **** or boosted you can easly solve it by kicking him.

9. Yeah they may have cleared it once though for achievement, but then just bought all the items so their experience is low.
    They may also not have the Achievement here, but have done the content on retail or Lordaeron or Icecrown, and have much more skill and experience than someone who got carried multiple times until they got all the gear to drop. Achievements and gear or how someone got them aren't a sign of skill or experience, only watching the player in action can really answer anything.

10. And tbh not having a Shop will destroy the Server because they wont have the Money to Pay the Staffs etc etc
    yeah like nostal... oh wait.

11. Achievements and gear or how someone got them aren't a sign of skill or experience, only watching the player in action can really answer anything.
    If only 99% of the people on this server didn't think the exact opposite of that.

In my experience, the only way to get content cleared when you aren't in a guild is to make your own runs, and you have to be very selective when you do. On Icecrown, I routinely deal with people who claim they can link me LoD/Bane from another character, but can't answer the question "what do you do for defile on LK" without spending 5 minutes googling it (and usually still ending up with the wrong answer). However, I rarely see this kind of vetting (albeit rudimentary) done by anyone else pugging people on Icecrown or Frostmourne.

For instance, despite being a tank in nearly full pre-naxx BiS gear, I was turned down the other day for a Naxx 10 simply because I didn't have the achievement already after 2 lockouts. No tactics asked, just no achievement = no invite. I've also been in another run that failed miserably when multiple other tanks (that kept getting replaced) had better gear than me, but didn't bother to learn any tactics and continually wiped the raid.

By the time I got done writing this I realized that I'm just venting, and that the online store doesn't really affect the plight of pugging on this server. More-so, I just wish people would put the effort into vetting players rather than just assuming that having high gearscore makes someone good and having no achievement makes someone braindead.

12. Naxx doesn't work properly anyway. Some abilities are making the bosses free loot, some of them are annoying. At the end naxx isn't even nearly challing like it was on retail. And ofc I don't want to say it was hard. I'm afraid of Ulduar being a joke aswell. The reputation grind is way too fast. You can get everything exalted in 2 days and getting epic gear for free. Questing is a pain aswell. Wasn't really fun to stuck on questchains cause of bugs or wrong respawn rates. No words about the fps freeze in starting zones...Competitive is different. It's a good change to 24/7 ICC...not more.

If you really want to have the real wotlk fresh start feeling you need to wait for blizzard to release wotlk in some years.

13. And tbh not having a Shop will destroy the Server because they wont have the Money to Pay the Staffs etc etc
    Nah don't worry, it wouldn't destroy. It just plays with your mind.

14. Nah don't worry, it wouldn't destroy. It just plays with your mind.
    i dont agree with that.

15. yeah like nostal... oh wait.
    rofl it's the current year and people still believe they didnt sell stuff?
    did you know its daddy in the santa suit? its a disguise like what nostalrius did

12 Last