1. TTW mage question

Hello everyone.
    I am a 6.1k mage with 42.8 % crit and i have dps problems. My max burst dps is like 15-16 k dps and on the end of the encounter its like 9-10 which i consider low. I've read a few guides and i tried to follow them and 1 run i fet2 a decent dps but other run my dps is garbage. I would like to hear some advicses from xped mages like should i switch to arcane until i get more crit or should i change my gems or smhting

Here is an armory link
    https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary

2. Hit rating: 22.72%
    That's just wayyy too much hit. Do allocate to other stats, or change the hit trinket.

Nothing else that's obvious, you look fine. Could be just unlucky with crits. Try to watch out for other small details like cutting down movement as much as possible during fights.

3. Well all that hit comes from items haha.. I guess my trinkets succ for this spec but i don't have better ones atm

4. TTW Mage is one of the top dps. You have not enought crit at all. Your hit trincket is bad, spirit for mage ..... suck. The spirit meta mage was on tier 7/8, and it was a mistake of blizzard.

You want spellpower,crit,haste well balance.

Your rotation are may be bad. As a fire mage you want to crit as much as possible, to use pyro and gain the boost of your set.

With a lower gs than you (gs suck) but optimize mage, my recount was around 9k/s futhermore with zerg, busrt .... (that was not on this server) I was able to hit 15k on saurcroc once with full buff, ...

https://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/17/6jc7.jpg
    https://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/17/1cwm.jpg
    https://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/17/9kuw.jpg

p.s: mage section are dead.
    Edited: April 24, 2020

5. Hello everyone.
    I am a 6.1k mage with 42.8 % crit and i have dps problems. My max burst dps is like 15-16 k dps and on the end of the encounter its like 9-10 which i consider low. I've read a few guides and i tried to follow them and 1 run i fet2 a decent dps but other run my dps is garbage. I would like to hear some advicses from xped mages like should i switch to arcane until i get more crit or should i change my gems or smhting

Here is an armory link
    https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary
    Hi,

Your gear is not as bad as told before, sure you have to much hit and sure, having Maghia's Misguided Quill ans trinket is not really cool (btw with vote points you can easly get Flare of the Heaven which is way stronger ; and if you don't vote you can go for the Sundial of the exiled by downgrading any emblems)

For the rest try to change one of these 3 pieces for a spell crit hast item : Bracer, Belt or Valanar Ring. And when you will get the Robe of the waking nightmare remove the to others

Concerning the Spirit/Crit items, meanwhile you don't have a spell crit hast item to remplace them keep them they are good especially the dagger which give good amount of spell

With a gear like that an standard player should end is fight around 16-17k dps, and experience one should get around 18k dps.

I don't know how you are playing but usually the key points for a good performance, as a mage is not about gear, it's about placement, and anticipation.

For exampl, you should place yourself as close as your final location every time you can (and most of time you can do it before the moment you must be on it)

If you are in the fight you have to prepare you next move every time; do you movement before you have to run, and that for every things, from transitions phases to boss attacks with animations such as Maleable Goo. To be able to anticipate these things you should most of time be long away of you target in order to larger the time you have to move from something.
    Second point is the managemet of you GCD. Almost every spells provoque a Global CoolDown on all your spells. When it comes from a instant spell, it's a 1.3 secondes window meanwhile you cannot create damage output by your spells. So you should use each and every of these tiny windows to moove a bit in order to step by step reach your next location. This way you can be able to never moove out of your GCDs, and maximize the time you are dealing damage.
    That way to use these "soft" mooves to be evry time one step head from the tactics and alway be at the right location even before you have to moove to it, is the best way to never ever stop dealing damage, this way you will never completely stop damgaging the boss. And so your DPS will maintain at is higher point possible.

I'll stop here try to do that properly (placement and soft movement) and than if you don't have gain atleast 5-6k dps come back here and give us you complete rotation.

I didn't give you all advices possibles to step up your dps but these 2 key point are by far the most importants

See you

Tiny