1. May 12, 2020  
    Yeah Cataclysm was great, and people who says otherwise are just friendless bastards, i had my best time there, if i could get my char back, i would be happy like a 5 year old after receiving a gift lol, raids were fun, the whole theme was intresting, i remember the first DS, that was the best feeling ive ever had many years ago :)!

2. May 12, 2020  
    Honestly you guys don't know what you are talking about, people don't want to play because of the shop.

Like show me a single server that doesn't have a cash shop in it (TBC server)
    speaking of not knowing what you're talking about, currently the most populated tbc private server with 7k players doesnt feature a shop for ingame loot, just cosmetics.

it also has restrictions on multiboxing and is fairly well scripted but ppl somehow mourne for warmane tbc :D

imo by the time it takes warmane to set up a new tbc server we will most likely have already retail tbc announced so why bother
    Edited: May 12, 2020

3. May 12, 2020  
    i played there...everything worked good....no one ever had problem with the store...BUT THEN ....they added to store warglaive of azzinoth and server died in one month.....it was a f***ing joke how full green rogues had them...so dont u ever try to tell me that wasnt the problem...

4. May 14, 2020  
    Agreed server was great but having the best items in the shop completely ruined my strive to do anything, everything was rendered pointless. I'd limit the shop to T5 and S3 items max and that only when swp would already be out. A healthy compromise.

5. May 14, 2020  
    And you cannot compare TBC with WotLK as it takes much more effort to obtain most of the items in TBC than in wrath.

6. May 14, 2020  
    I actually believe that the warmane's buffed TBC is even more hardcore than true TBC as you say.

7. May 14, 2020  
    imo by the time it takes warmane to set up a new tbc server we will most likely have already retail tbc announced so why bother
    It doesn't take much time. We're just not interested in doing that.

8. May 15, 2020  
    I'm not sure how the things will go on, but I like this server and TBC. I've tried Lordaeron in Wotlk, and Pandaria too. The only issue with TBC is that there is not enough active players, so it's hard to complete quests alone. But those players that are playing here are awesome, always ready to help out, and that's something that I did not find on Lordaeron server. They have too many players that do not know what is the meaning of mmorpg, it seems like you are playing in single player.

9. May 15, 2020  
    Why focus on a server that is already dead? From an expansion that was only good a few months after its launch, I see a more attractive proposal to open a cataclysm server that was a server that gave much to everyone, in addition to the fact that cataclysm has the best raids of all patches and it has an interesting lore. I don't know but I think that if all the server players were surveyed, I think that 70% would agree.

10. May 15, 2020  
    I don't know but I think that if all the server players were surveyed, I think that 70% would agree.
    It's out of the scope. What is happening is attracting certain players to certain things that are already here. People who want cata are not here to answer that survey, well those 5 players are, but getting clear data would be impossible. The sad truth is that cata died, what would be productive is to find out why? Was it the bugs or cata itself or what.

And if everyone on servers would be surveyed, I bet 99% of them would want free glaives on their rogue. Does that mean it's a good idea?

11. May 18, 2020  
    It blows my mind that Outland used to have over 10k active players and now today there are less than 10 people online on Horde, I logged in and was the single only person in Orgrimmar... It baffles my mind, yet the WOTLK servers are still healthy.

2-3 years earlier they didn't have the development done though. TBC came after they did all the big updates to the WOTLK realms. And in any case, when TBC launched it was really popular, it's just somehow died.
    IMO one problem was the honor rate was Blizzlike, which means it would take you a couple days of doing BGs to get one piece of gear. On Icecrown you can easily get a piece in a few hours if you win.

12. May 18, 2020  
    Well now Honor is x3. Maybe some WOTLK players need to be aware of this ?

13. May 18, 2020  
    Well now Honor is x3. Maybe some WOTLK players need to be aware of this ?
    There was an announcement on the news that the rates were changed, what else would you have them do? Spam WotLK channels that rates on TBC realm changed?

14. May 24, 2020  
    I think a lot of places are going to struggle getting an active TBC server up and running now. Retail TBC is pretty much guaranteed at this point and I feel people aren't going to want to invest their time and money on a private server when they'll be able to do that on a Blizzard TBC server within the next year or two.

15. June 6, 2020  
    Eh why bother, Blizz will most certainly be releasing TBC. Id rather see Cata
    This. TBC had great prospects before Classic, but with Blizz certainly looking into it, any more TBC venture is just in all honesty unnecessary risk for Warmane.

With retail progressing to Shadowlands and Classic seemingly poised to enter TBC, IF they are planning to make a new server for an expansion it's likely to be either Cataclysm (since they would likely still have stuff from old Neltharion and co. days to work on), or to take things a step farther, something ambitious like Legion (as MoP already exists, and while it's possible to do a MoP scripting rework along the lines of the Icecrown core, it's probably hard to know whether it will be worth it. WoD meanwhile was just kinda a failed expansion on retail and therefore a waste of effort).

That said, the cost for developing Legion may be a stretch too high if you start from ground zero, so Cata seems more likely for now.

First 1234 Last