1. June 8, 2020  
    Tbh they should make an instant 70 TBC, I think it will be more popular than what outland has become.

2. June 8, 2020  
    Tbh they should make an instant 70 TBC, I think it will be more popular than what outland has become.
    It would be the only option left but I doubt that they gonna do it. TBC just doesnt seem to be popular anymore in the private server scene.

3. June 8, 2020  
    I always felt it would have been genius to run TBC on a WOTLK client then CRZ it with Icecrown and Disable Equipping WOTLK Gear. Then you have TBC with Dungeon Finder and Transmog, so bored Wrath players can do more Content, just with WOTLK Talent Trees/Toning and 80s ganking :P

4. June 9, 2020  
    The sad truth is that cata died, what would be productive is to find out why? Was it the bugs or cata itself or what.
    From my point of view, and from what I can still remember..
    They made a TBC and MOP server and put most of their focus there. so much so that even wotlk started to lose population because of bugs. they can't let their most popular expansion die so they focused on just MOP and WOTLK, when WOTLK was stable they focused on TBC again.
    this all happened in a span of 4-5 years. They kinda dropped Cata and bugs started occuring.. alot. bugs that used to be fixed now started happening again. and newer bugs started happening. and then the Moltdown happened as well, so already alot of people had left because they lost A LOT of progression they farmed for. some people didn't even get coins back, or got coins back but didn't even know what to use it on anymore because they had 0 actual characters. so more people left or complained on the forums. 1-2 years later when they still didn't really turn their heads to cata, population dropped so low they decided to just close it.
    in a span of about 5 years. Cata's population dropped from around 8k --10k people spread over 3 realms to 300 people on 1 realm.

its kinda like when you have a cat, and you don't feed it or give it any attention, you go and get a dog because the cat ran away.

5. I seriously can't understand why won't they reset Outland. It used to be insanely popular when it was fresh, it remained very popular until the very end, when many guilds cleared SWP and, of course they left. TBC won't ever be as popular as WOTLK, because it's not as fun at end game and pvp, but it can still bring them a lot of income. So the whole situation just baffles my mind. Reset Outland every 2 years and collect at least some profit. Even if blizzard launches their own TBC, I'm sure many people, including myself, would prefer to play here, on WM, with increased rates and shop and without having to pay monthly.

6. Honestly you guys don't know what you are talking about, people don't want to play because of the shop.

Like show me a single server that doesn't have a cash shop in it (TBC server)
    People play here because the server is great, the shop itself helps new players to catch up. There are servers out there that dont sell anything at all, but the quality of the server is nowhere near. There are 10k TBC pserver players out there at the moment crying for a new Warmane TBC server, even if its just for a year until Blizzard releases TBC.

7. I seriously can't understand why won't they reset Outland. It used to be insanely popular when it was fresh.
    I might be wrong, but I think TBC was the lesser popular expansion when released out of all warmane expansions ? They released Medivh, a second tbc realm with x1 rates, and closed it few weeks after because no one played there. Outland pop decreased really fast as I remember. I think MOP and cata had a better launch, and a better longetivity than TBC, but again I don't have the numbers so I might be wrong.

8. i love how they silently removed the server from the frontpage

there is no shame in failing to deliver a longlasting tbc because no one could. Blizzard might be the only one to have the advantage of having enough hardcore fans on their servers to maintain healthy servers for much longer.

9. I might be wrong, but I think TBC was the lesser popular expansion when released out of all warmane expansions ?
    Nope, you are mistaken.
    TBC release was a huge success. Warmane had to launch a second TBC realm because Outland was always full. In fact Outland peaked at 15k players from 2017 until start of 2019.
    TBC was after Wotlk the most popular Xpac on Warmane.

10. i love how they silently removed the server from the frontpage

there is no shame in failing to deliver a longlasting tbc because no one could. Blizzard might be the only one to have the advantage of having enough hardcore fans on their servers to maintain healthy servers for much longer.
    I doubt that if private server is anything to go by, the moment progression is done on tbc/vanilla people are going to get bored and leave until it gets reset and they can do it all over again.

11. I doubt that if private server is anything to go by, the moment progression is done on tbc/vanilla people are going to get bored and leave until it gets reset and they can do it all over again.
    This^^ TBC and Vanilla are not like Wrath or what came after it. They are tedious, they are not alt friendly and they have less features. They are MORE RPG style which is great but only for the first 1-2 characters, after that it's quite a chore and people move away from it. We can see that in the numbers of classic now even with all that hype, with the crazy start and so on... slowly people now ask for TBC classic.
    Why? Why can't they play vanilla forever like everyonee seemed to want? Because after some time it gets stale.

That's why in the private server scene-especially vanilla one- there was always the need for "FRESH SERVER", a thing that even became a meme. Once the progression is done the new people coming in and the alt have so much catching up to do is insane to even come near to the "hardcore" players who focus on one char or just play much more.
    Nothing more to it. TBC classic will probably meet the same fate and in 2-3-4 years we'll have people asking for vanilla again because they haven't played and...wait for it... it'll be a FRESH start.

Also I don't think Warmane failed with TBC, the community failed or rather no one failed, it ran its course and died. It had huge numbers at start and even through progression but after all was done, after guilds cleared Sunwell... what else to do? Why stick around? Is a very slow expansion. Everything was nostalgia and hype, which was slowly killed by the grind, the attunements and all the other stuff TBC requires(heroics being harder than kara cough cough). First time is an adventure, second time is meh, third time is a chore and you just can't be bothered to spend all that time.

My 2 cents on the matter. But people should really stop blaming Warmane for it xD, it's an old expansion, a grindy one, was considered the most hardcore of the holy trinity of wow - classic, tbc, wrath- and like any true RPG, once you did it once...you're done.

And what I find really funny is how the TBC classic announcement will probably have the same impact on classic that tbc had on vanilla. Who the hell will stay around to clear Naxx more than once or twice? The hype for classic TBC is growing and so classic will be also burried in it and the same will be with TBC- because they are slow RPGS which require lots of time and don't really offer replayability unless you put in lots of hours-lets not forget in tbc days only like 1% of players even saw Sunwell-
    Edited: June 21, 2020

12. as long as blizzard will keep reseting arena season atleast the pvp scene will outlive the pve scene and yeah I do think on the long run they will start fresh servers since there is always demand for that...probably depends on how successful their future expansion will be

13. So is there any chance for a fresh TBC server? I was not around when it had much population and i am bored of WOTLK content and wish to play on a good TBC server for one time in a life!+

14. So is there any chance for a fresh TBC server? I was not around when it had much population and i am bored of WOTLK content and wish to play on a good TBC server for one time in a life!+
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post3060128

15. yup, would love to see tbc reset and reborn.

First 1234 Last