1. Warlock threat generation

Hello.

I have currently leveled a warlock which i managed to get him up to 5.5k gs. During the gearing process, and currently at my gs lvl, i have problems with threat, meaning I pull too much threat from the tank with what I think it's my normal rotation.
    3+ mobs I use Seed of Corruption on every target and after that i use either Shadowflame or Rain of Fire. Everything ends here where the mobs target me and I die in seconds if the tank or healer are not paying attention.
    Am i doing something wrong, or is warlock threat that high?
    BTW, i am using Soulshatter whenever i get the chance.
    This is my armory:
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Thank you!

2. There are no possible threat reducing talents for demo, i mean any exchanged talent will be solid dps loss.
    From your skills, u can check fellguard ability (if it is turned off), and check if u accidently not using demo taunt.
    If u still have problems, means that u're fine, and this is tank's fault. Give him few seconds to build his threat.

3. My advice would be just give tank a few secs...if its a warrior even more so as they need that few sec to group them up.
    Paladins and feral tanks are bit easyer on aoe tanking, but still...
    Personally i dont have issues as 5,2k gs lock, in both affli and demo spec. BUT - you have to keep in mind the class of tank you have and the GS they have..

4. Stop pls, pls stop blaming pwarriors in everything. In terms of threat generation his trait one of the best to reduce the gap in gear difference, it is just the matter of skill. Same as he has kit for crowd control.
    If tank has aoe problems with warlock without meta activated, in case when gs difference less than ~300 (random number just from my exp), and warlock didn't ninja pull mobs before tank, it IS ONLY tank's problem, not class of tank nor your "wrong spam of 1 button seed of corruption".
    But as far as ppl prefer to blame hunters/rogues in their own mistakes on this server, only way for u to delay your dmg, for exmple u can use few immolates while he generates threat to get t10_4 proc in future.

5. You got me all wrong, im not blaming pwarrior. For me, prot warrior is the best tank there is! Just saying that when it comes to tanking more then 1,2 moobs you have to give him a few secs to build up that aggro so you can nuke.
    Its simple as that, noone blames warrior! Its just the way game works...paladin or druid tanks kinda has a few more extra abilitys for hitting more then 1 mob, giving them that few sec advantage...but the person who doesnt understand that(here im talking about mages,lock,hunters, boomkins and some other dps) they need to give it a few sec to nuke the bastards, then its an issue on dps, not the tank its self.

6. First of all, ty both for the replies.
    I always check if felguard has taunt on, and I uncheck it if it is, but I have to do it every time I log in, cuz it won't stay off for some reason.
    It doesn't matter what tank class it is, higher gs or a bit lower gs than me.
    I will take your advice and give them a few seconds more.

P.S.
    I remember that I was in PoS HC with a tank, and I kept pulling aggro from him. He kept telling me that I am too close to the mobs and I pull more aggro than if I would have been in the far back.
    I don't think this is true, right?

7. It is true, as a ranged you need to hit 130% to pull aggro, while melees need just 110%. Does it work based on distance from boss or based on "class"? I have no idea, never has been relevant to me.

8. Based on distance. Don't remember exact number, but melee range from hitbox requires110% to take agro for sure.

9. So, you mean that if I am 5 yards away from a pack of mobs, i will pull more aggro than being at 25 yards, for example?

10. Yes, but it's not 5 yards, it's usually more. The line is where you can auto attack with white melee hits probably. So, when you go in Metamorphosis, charge in and do shadowcleave and immolate, you are at risk since it's your burst plus you only need melee(110%) threat to pull aggro.

11. May 15, 2020  
    Its easy to be tested if its from the range or the class ... just make a druid or shaman and test Melee DPS and Range DPS and see which one is ... the class or the range.

12. May 15, 2020  
    But in general locks pull so much aggro for so little time so its not you, its the game!