1. Why was Naxx nerfed?

So my guild was 14/15 in Naxx 25 this Sunday, We're NA and at 10% on KT we had to leave the instance because the raids were resetting(Raid time ends around reset), We proceeded to go in the following night (Monday) and get our 15/15 clear.

When we went in a lot of bosses had changed... Heigen was only doing 8k damage with the dance instead of instant killing and most notably Saphiron was hitting for 1k with her aura instead of 3k.... We thought the content was supposed to be buffed? Why change it less than 2 weeks into the server? We had our ENITRE guild get 2-3 pieces of frost resist gear for Saph on Sunday which ended up finally getting us the kill. When we went back in with it half the members didn't put it on and it didn't even make a difference, We killed it and it was insanely easy!

We decided to play this server because we were looking for a challenge, Naxx isn't hard. The boss mechanics are that of a Vanilla raid, Raids were not complicated in Vanilla. The increased damage is what was making it such a struggle but to completely nerf these tactics? That's not fair at all. We were excited and happy to be progressing through and struggling with bosses, Even if their mechanics weren't hard we had to adapt, Tanks are getting slapped like *****es and healers struggle, DPS often helping with dispels and heals to make up for the turned up difficulty... It's not fair to have this taken away! This is why so many joined!

I get that they want to make it more available for pugs... But that wasn't really the point of Frostmourne was it? Or if it was then it wasn't what attracted 95% of our guild. We now have everything but EoE 25 on farm and we're going to most likely secure the kill this Thursday for raid day (we haven't gone in there yet) We were taking our time, having fun with the challenges and now they're gone.

I worry because we're less than 2 weeks in and Naxx is supposed to last 3 months, I don't think I'm going to have fun if the content is becoming braindead easy only 2 weeks in, I had this worry before but I was hoping it'd be made up for with levelling alts and going through naxx with them.

Ulduar being 2 1/2 months away with Naxx being nerfed is too far! If you're going to nerf Naxx for pugs please consider releasing Ulduar early! Many of us would like to see a 1 1/2 month Naxx phase and maybe a 4 month Ulduar phase to get all the hard modes + achievements + Algalon kills I'm sure! Even shots at no lights! Naxx just isn't going to be able to last 3 months with nerfs.... Please reverse this! This is an OLD game we want the difficulty, without it we're just blowing through content.

EDIT: Warmane has commented that the nerfs were not intentional and were a result in some bug fixing. Go to page 4 to see Proterean's comment on this post.

EDIT EDIT: I realized I shoulda promo'd our guild a bit with how popular this post was, Please check out our forum post here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=415635All applications done through Discord here: https://discord.gg/knUHdvQ
    Edited: May 15, 2020

2. Hard second on this. This nerf wasn't even announced; why on earth did Warmane staff decide this needed to be done? Heigan dance is *supposed* to one shot if you screw it up. This was supposed to be a server on par with Lordaeron in terms of boss difficulty. That's what we were promised prior to launch. Please don't back out on that. Especially if, as Nick mentions, you don't intend to release Ulduar for another 2 1/2 months.

3. Bump for a follow

I'm ****ing furious. I personally wasted so much time gathering a squad for a 25 man roster - we only got to clear naxx pre-nerf once. Are you telling me we're going to farm NERFED content on server with a cash shop?

inc /gdisband if this turns out to be true for the upcomming resets

4. Also it doesn't make sense from their point of view, why make it easier when if it's harder that means more people will use the shop to gear up alts and stuff?

If this is just going to be seasonal Icecrown 2.0 I'll be looking for a new private server. The point of this was the challenge.

5. Any developer willing to explain themselves?

6. To Sapphiron: There is no need to overtune a boss that you need resistence gear to kill him even if you have decent naxx gear. 4,2k ticks with aura were just too much. And you aren't a better player than pugs just because you know you can buy resistence gear. This is just a dumb grind and no skill. You are just mad because you bought gear which you aren't need now.

To Heigan: Serverfirst guild killed this boss with an safespot exploit and no dance. And ofc they didn't get punished even if this is unintended for this encounter. Who cares about the nerf if everyone saw this and doing the same now ?

7. Only the guilds who struggled/are struggling to clear Naxx on 25 man are going to complain about this.

8. Only the guilds who struggled/are struggling to clear Naxx on 25 man are going to complain about this.
    I'm sorry we're not all as good as you, I'm just making the point that there was no reason for a nerf.
    Thank you for coming here to give 0 input!

9. To Sapphiron: There is no need to overtune a boss that you need resistence gear to kill him even if you have decent naxx gear. 4,2k ticks with aura were just too much. And you aren't a better player than pugs just because you know you can buy resistence gear. This is just a dumb grind and no skill. You are just mad because you bought gear which you aren't need now.
    You are supposed to need frost resistance gear for Saph. That's why it's there. If you already have full Naxx 25/OS25+1 or +2 gear you probably wouldn't need it, even. Imo pugs shouldn't even be clearing Naxx 25 this early. A LOT of people joined this server because it was promised to be higher in difficulty. Nerfing everything now, after we've gotten used to the stronger version and have adapted, screws everything up. And doesn't even make sense for Warmane. I really would like to know what caused the devs to make this BS change.

Also so what if the server first Heigan kill was because of an exploit? That's not relevant to the topic.
    Edited: April 28, 2020 Reason: formatting error

10. To Sapphiron: There is no need to overtune a boss that you need resistence gear to kill him even if you have decent naxx gear. 4,2k ticks with aura were just too much. And you aren't a better player than pugs just because you know you can buy resistence gear. This is just a dumb grind and no skill. You are just mad because you bought gear which you aren't need now.

To Heigan: Serverfirst guild killed this boss with an safespot exploit and no dance. And ofc they didn't get punished even if this is unintended for this encounter. Who cares about the nerf if everyone saw this and doing the same now ?
    It's not only two bosses. It's the entire raid, including HC's as well.

This server promised boosted content, they are providing p2w and casual-friendly content exclusively.

This is obviously not okay, unless you believe that tricking customers into buying premium accounts etc. is a fair way to go about.

11. I expected lordaeron difficulty. It means buffed blizz-like. Now Heigan+Sapp will be easier than blizz-like? And where is announce? What if I want to create new character and do same hard runs?
    Edited: April 28, 2020

12. It's not only two bosses. It's the entire raid, including HC's as well.

This server promised boosted content, they are providing p2w and casual-friendly content exclusively.

This is obviously not okay, unless you believe that tricking customers into buying premium accounts etc. is a fair way to go about.
    I agree, We were told we'd be getting boosted content, The content we were getting we were expecting to have to do a little more, Things like bringing frost resistance for certain fights makes the game feel bigger! I could care less I spent extra gold. We just wanted to feel a challenge ATLEAST for the start of the first Tier

13. I expected lordaeron difficulty. It means buffed blizz-like. Now Heigan+Sapp will be easier than blizz-like? And where is announce?
    Lordaeron has recieved several nerfs trough out the years because people complained that it was to hard, Frostmourne would obviously follow suite since the difficulty is based of Lordaeron.

Warmane likes to announce changelogs in huge bulks rather then one by one like the one you are seing right now.

14. Lordaeron has recieved several nerfs trough out the years because people complained that it was to hard, Frostmourne would obviously follow suite since the difficulty is based of Lordaeron.

Warmane likes to announce changelogs in huge bulks rather then one by one like the one you are seing right now.
    I get that, Nerfs are bound to come. But the 2 bosses I'd say that have the most wipes (Heigen and Saph) both got turned to easy mode, They don't even present a challenge anymore.

15. Lordaeron has recieved several nerfs trough out the years because people complained that it was to hard, Frostmourne would obviously follow suite since the difficulty is based of Lordaeron.

Right, but why listen to the few who are whining about being too bad to clear medium-difficulty content when I can almost guarantee that the majority of the Frostmourne user base are the kind of people who WANT the higher difficulty curve?

123 ... Last