1. [Long] Another Day, Another World BG Lead Thrown by a Multiboxer

An open letter to the GM's and dev's of Warmane,

This is not general complaining, or witch-hunting, but a serious, fact-based discussion regarding the state of the game.

I know you have a business to run, and the world knows microtransaction-based games are propped up by basement-dwelling 'whales', but the least you can do is take responsibility for the screwed up PvP scene on Icecrown.

Yet another Wintergrasp is lost due to a 20+ character multiboxer going AFK instead of leaving, or better yet, not being that guy that multiboxes because he can't win a fair fight. And there's no one to blame but Warmane management allowing these players to destroy the integrity of PvP in the name of greed.

Regarding the policy on multiboxers (seen here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2771873), the answer to a valid question is entirely unacceptable. As Mercy suggests, multiboxers are innocent players managing banks and soloing dungeons. Yet multiboxers have free reign to grief and sandbag battlegrounds, deny entire guilds access to raid entrances, and configure botnets to strip an entire region of crafting resources. Look no further than the nature of some of these multiboxer's guild names, phrases such as 'Why Are You Mad?', 'Can't Ban Me', and 'Paying For Slaying'.

"However, the biggest reasons why multiboxing is allowed is because of 1) the huge amount of drama that would ensue if we put any sort of limit on it, which would start witch-hunting, and even people complaining that the rules aren't severe enough." - Mercy, Warmane Moderator

The solution is simple. Ban multiboxes and create a level playing field, or admit that money is more important than the quality of the product and the skill of the player.

Other bannable offences (seen here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037) easily enabled by multiboxers and largely ignored:

NO PVP EXPLOITING - Wintrading: Arranged battles in order to profit of its prizes is highly forbidden leading to bans.

NO SOCIAL MISTREATMENT OR ANNOYANCE - Disrupting gameplay: Using minor exploits or poorly designed parts of game mechanics [READ: MULTIBOXING] to noticably interfere with other players' gameplay. Examples of such are: Resetting NPCs while other players joust with them on Argent Tournament and joining RDF only to idle and refuse to leave on your own to avoid the debuff.

[STAFF OR] SERVER DISRESPECT - Do I really need to explain this one? Camping instance entrances, graveyards, bodies, etc. Giving a huge middle finger to the entire server when they throw matches. Causing lower-end systems to drop significant frames (legitimately advantages the multiboxer vs. low income and casual players).

If we as a community can not have a serious discussion about this topic plaguing the server, why should we see it as no more than Warmane catering to those that spend copious amounts of cash on multiboxes. In the current form, there is less and less reason to be involved with Warmane's PvP community until management fixes their mistakes. As demonstrated above, Warmane contradicts its own game rule policies by allowing a pro-multiboxer policy to exist.

P.S., a question directly for Mercy: You do understand why the topic is brought up so much?

Let me answer that for you. Multiboxers are universally hated across Warmane, regardless if they are on your side or not. Multiboxing only benefits the multiboxer, at everyone else's expense (server limits, system performance, well-matched player vs. player, game economy, to name a few).
    Edited: April 28, 2020

2. Ill just post this here, maybe someone will explain :

How do you fight against THIS!?? 6,7,8 who knows Shadow Priest camping/fighting at Wintergrasp vendors
    To say that he one shooted most of us is a mayor understatment

3. Ill just post this here, maybe someone will explain :

How do you fight against THIS!?? 6,7,8 who knows Shadow Priest camping/fighting at Wintergrasp vendors
    To say that he one shooted most of us is a mayor understatment
    You kill multiboxers by boring them to death.

4. Multiboxing on retail is not that common cause every acc needs to have the expansion and subscription. But on private servers anyone can just create multiple accounts and use software and bam you got lots more multiboxers

5. You kill multiboxers by boring them to death.
    thing is i was just trying to get something from vendors..like 2min tops.
    But nooooo, tons of them there,ally i mean...i dont mind a fight but this was just insane.
    Dude would unmount mid air and killed me before reaching the ground, thats just 2 much to fight against...

6. 2 seconds or 2 hours, what does it matter? You are not getting there, you die. And every time you try he will stay there even longer.

7. Multiboxing on retail is not that common cause every acc needs to have the expansion and subscription. But on private servers anyone can just create multiple accounts and use software and bam you got lots more multiboxers
    It's pretty common. Also, maintaining sub and expacs, as well as all other bnet games is pretty easy with multibox. Way easier than earn coins here.
    But, you prolly see close to 0 boxers, because WPvP dead there, and boxers do other stuff.

8. May 3, 2020  
    May 3, 2020, 7:23 AM ST

Starting approx. 6:30 AM ST, Multiboxer Guild 'PAY TO LOSE' moves between Stormwind and Goldshire, slaughtering every player in their path while waiting for auctioneers to respawn and kill again for over half an hour. Names of individual characters also make racial suggestions ('Whiteface', 'Blakface').

It required raid leaders to coordinate a counterattack against a single player before putting down the harassing griefer, around 7:15 AM.

Are these the actions of innocent players that just want to farm and bank and solo dungeons?
    Edited: May 3, 2020

9. May 3, 2020  

Starting approx. 6:30 AM ST, Multiboxer Guild 'PAY TO LOSE' moves between Stormwind and Goldshire, slaughtering every player in their path while waiting for auctioneers to respawn and kill again for over half an hour. Names of individual characters also make racial suggestions ('Whiteface', 'Blakface').

It required raid leaders to coordinate a counterattack against a single player before putting down the harassing griefer, around 7:15 AM.

Are these the actions of innocent players that just want to farm and bank and solo dungeons?
    Imagine going to Ironforge.
    You could've been camped by a full "For The Horde" team but you wouldn't cry then, why is this different? It's even easier to kill a multiboxer since he can only target one person and once you kill the main dude the rest are free kills..

10. May 3, 2020  
    Here's a bridge, now get over it:

I know this isn't suggestion section, but still remember this:
    Multiboxing - Our policies regarding multiboxing aren't up to discussion. If we decide to change them, we will do so of our own accord. We are more than aware of any and all arguments you might want to make about it.

11. May 3, 2020  
    I know this isn't suggestion section, but still remember this:
    Multiboxing - Our policies regarding multiboxing aren't up to discussion. If we decide to change them, we will do so of our own accord. We are more than aware of any and all arguments you might want to make about it.
    Forum Visitors,

Please read the original thread post before saying stupid ****. A law that is legal does not make it right, and this particular law of Icecrown violates many other laws of the server everyone else has to abide by.

If you are a player, I encourage you to use this thread to document your negative Warmane experiences due to multiboxers with timestamps, screenshots, and names of characters and boxer guilds.

If you are a moderator or Warmane management, take note that your stakeholders (not players, since money is the only language you seem to understand) are dissatisfied with the unique type of harassment and perpetual griefing that manifests in a small but overly-influential and particularly toxic demograph: multiboxers.

If you are Mercy, please make your loyal players one of your word soups about how multiboxers don't violate multiple codes of conduct.

12. May 3, 2020  
    they don't care what you think. it's not open for debate. their server, their rules. don't like it, leave. plain and simple.

complaints about boxers on the forums will just lead to your post being locked/deleted. and continued posts will lead to a forum ban.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=301141

"#15: Complaints about Multi-boxing -- Hostility towards the server or other members due to the subject of multi-boxing is considered inappropriate. It is an allowed and supported play-style of this game, and the mistreatment of others for it is forbidden. Moderation action taken will depend upon the severity of the action and if the member has a history of offenses. Feel free to read about our stance on multiboxing here."

13. May 3, 2020  
    Forum Visitors,

Please read the original thread post before saying stupid ****. A law that is legal does not make it right, and this particular law of Icecrown violates many other laws of the server everyone else has to abide by.
    Did you read what you wrote yourself?

1st thing you state:
    This is not general complaining, or witch-hunting, but a serious, fact-based discussion regarding the state of the game.

Yet it turns out to be just that, a complain and witch-hunting, non fact-based "discussion" regarding multiboxing. Where are the facts? Can you provide facts for an example how it would benefit Warmane to ban them? Estimates and interesting diagrams anywhere?

What do I mean? Well read what you wrote, my comments **marked like this**:
    Spoiler: Show

Yet another Wintergrasp is lost due to a 20+ character multiboxer going AFK **Now this is obvious complain.**

"However, the biggest reasons why multiboxing is allowed is because of 1) the huge amount of drama that would ensue if we put any sort of limit on it, which would start witch-hunting, and even people complaining that the rules aren't severe enough." - Mercy, Warmane Moderator.
    **Welcome to the world of money, money keeps this server running (and money keeps Blizzard's servers running, it also keeps businesses up, and that money feeds their families just like it feeds your family. Multiboxers are indeed "whales" of Warmane, and I'm happy and thankful for their contribution. Thanks to them, I have more steady place to play, without worrying of server's future.**

The solution is simple. Ban multiboxes and create a level playing field, or admit that money is more important than the quality of the product and the skill of the player. **Ah yes, this isn't your general complain thread about multiboxers? Well it's starting to look like one.**

Let me answer that for you. Multiboxers are universally hated across Warmane, regardless if they are on your side or not. Multiboxing only benefits the multiboxer, at everyone else's expense (server limits, system performance, well-matched player vs. player, game economy, to name a few).
    **Being hated by some individual who happen to be vocal about it, doesn't make it universal. I'm sure, when you've matured more, you could actually appreciate multiboxers, like I do.**

If you are a player, I encourage you to use this thread to document your negative Warmane experiences due to multiboxers with timestamps, screenshots, and names of characters and boxer guilds.
    **Thought this wasn't a witch-hunting thread.. Oh well, my mistake. /s**

Pretty much what Skuddy said above.

Anyway, I hope your future gaming experience is pleasant one.

14. May 3, 2020  
    There are other WOTLK servers people can play. Multiboxers only have one choice, so just because you like it here, doesn't mean people have to play your way. People who whine about this already have 6+ servers to go to. Go there, and the problem is solved. This is the only server that still allows this, so the proper choice would be to move your *** to those servers and leave the people to do their bidding here. Use your head a little and you might find that life isn't that hard when you make the right choices.

15. May 4, 2020  

Money my friend, money rules, just be happy

12 Last