1. What stats should i focus on as a boomkin? (crit vs haste)

Hey guys,

i was wondering what is the best way to gear my druid this early in the patches. All the guides say that haste is worth more than crit rating. However sometimes i get really bad crit rng (currently have 24% crit chance) and my dps suffers a lot. Should i look for more crit? or should i stick with the haste gear?

Cheers!

edit: i should have mentioned this is on frostmourne :D
    Edited: April 29, 2020

2. spellpower > haste(soft cap 400 or something rating) > crit cap > haste
    of coarse hit rating soft cap is priority above all
    means you go for crit after you have 1 sec wrath along those lines

That's what I did, worked all right

3. I'd like to say that the haste cap for boom was 465? idr if that's the exact number but ya it's ez to get. So aim for as much crit and sp as you can as the spec is entirely balanced around eclipse procs

4. May 24, 2020  
    I'd like to say that the haste cap for boom was 465? idr if that's the exact number but ya it's ez to get. So aim for as much crit and sp as you can as the spec is entirely balanced around eclipse procs
    NO . 45% crit is CAP , more is waste include talents etc .
    Haste cap is 550 or somthign aroud it (include talents too ) tahts make GCD ~~1s = 1s cast = 1s gcd = RATATATATAAT spells :D

so 10% hit > SP SP SP SP more sp is beter > crit until cap > haste until cap > spiryt > int

5. The 45.20% Crit Cap that is thrown around for boomy includes the Emblem of Frost Idol. Without that, the crit cap is 50%. Even in BiS ICC/RS Gear, boomys would barely hit that number (a BiS boomy with T10 5 set has 49% crit fully raid buffed).*

*It's worth noting that crit stacking will increase your Nature's Grace uptime, which is like getting a huge passive haste boost

Soft haste cap, on the other hand, is 401 with the Wrath of Air Totem, which almost every guild has one of their shamans use.

So which should a boomy prioritize, crit or haste? The answer is that there is no definitive answer to this question. It's entirely dependent on your individual playstyle and the needs of your guild. Building crit will allow you to proc eclipses much more reliably, but you will never be able to reach a crit cap which makes your eclipses entirely dependable. Because of this, building crit gives you more reliable damage, but you will not be able to abuse RNG for the rare massive DPS flex. Building haste leaves your eclipse procs, a major source of your damage, up to RNG, while also allowing for the possibility of pulling much bigger numbers than crit stacking.

Most of the highest SP gear that a boomy can use in this tier gives the stats SP and Haste. Like was mentioned above, you should always prioritize SP>crit and haste. In the event that an item has near equal stats of crit vs haste ( such as the Valor SP Haste Spirit ring vs Lost Jewel), I would prioritize getting the crit item for slightly more eclipse reliability. You will have plenty, plenty of hast from the rest of your gear to make up for this.

When first gearing up/entering Naxx, prioritize crit gear until you get your T7 4 piece (5% extra crit on wrath and starfire), at which point you should place more emphasis on replacing your crit items with higher SP haste items.